Todd Greenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
If Todd Greenberg were still around do you think we would be in this state?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He did a better job than most today in all Honesty.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably, I can't really think of anything Castle has done to create the situation, so presumably things would be about the same from a fan perspective if Greenberg was still around......... with the job his been doing as NRL CEO, maybe he will be available to come back and be our CEO again.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes....
He signed Des and gave the privileges to control all football maters.
Then he deserted us after saying he will not leave the club he has unfinished business.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sonny Todd Greenberg - took the big dollars and left us high and dry.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He did sign Des.... but Des was probably hottest property in the coaching market when he did it....

I'm not sure, because with Greenberg not here any more it's hard to answer the hypothetical as to whether he would have put up with this shit for as long as Dib, Raelene and the board have...

Possible we'd be getting the same PR we've made the finals every time spin, but can't say for sure. I do think he's a pretty smart man and one who craves success do maybe it would have been different, but it's all academic now. He left and Raelene is now leaving too, but Des and Dib are the main ones who are running this ship to ruin right now IMO.

Interesting hypothetical though.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Umm... we have a better win/loss record, better finals appearance record, and more gfs under Castle. Todd may have done some good things for the club itself and its image, hes a businessman, but the team was less successful under him tbh

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No chance. He left us in a good financial position where the following year we were able to make a play on Fifita for 850k and I remember him saying that we had room to move.
He would not sign players on overs.

In 2016 we got fine for being over the cap. Thats Castles not controling things.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Under Greenberg, Des brought us almost instant success, however, as Sterlo pointed out, he hasn't been able to adapt to the way footy is being played today. In fact, we are light years away from it!

He's also lost the dressing room. It'll be very interesting to see how they respond post cheers and beers session that replaced regular training.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Under Greenberg, Des brought us almost instant success, however, as Sterlo pointed out, he hasn't been able to adapt to the way footy is being played today. In fact, we are light years away from it!

He's also lost the dressing room. It'll be very interesting to see how they respond post cheers and beers session that replaced regular training.
But we have shown brilliance in some games this year. Having the combo of players we had in those games hasnt happened enough though. Des' decisions to make Reynolds being out worse didnt help. Why frawley at 6, why mbye at 7, why lichaa at all? Etc.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree Todd gave hasler the power he currently wields, but I reckon Todd would've reigned him in by now.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whoever is responsible for our attacking systems & recruitment/retention is responsible for this disaster

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Its not about Todd singing the dud up.

Its about if Todd was still around would he let whats occurring go any further?

Todd seems like the man to put his foot down and demand answers.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not about Todd singing the dud up.

Its about if Todd was still around would he let whats occurring go any further?

Todd seems like the man to put his foot down and demand answers.
Not so sure about that. I like how Todd goes about his business but the Barba thing showed when push comes to shove the CEO's role is to do what he/she is told.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol dud thread, greenberg had 2 chances to get it right and messed up both times, he failed promoting from within and also with the big name signing

he is responsible for this situation probably more than anyone tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.