Todd Carney will appeal Cronulla’s decision to terminate his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TODD Carney is appealing his sacking by Cronulla, says his agent David Riolo.

Riolo said on told Triple M on Friday that due process hadn’t been followed by the Sharks when they cut ties with the star five-eighth on Sunday after an unsavoury photo of him was published on social media.Riolo reportedly wrote to the NRL claiming the Sharks didn’t follow the correct protocol for dealing with disciplinary issues as agreed in the collective bargaining agreement between the NRL and the Rugby League Players’ Association.“Todd was on a long-term contract at the Sharks and he got fired by a phone call which ironically came after the press release had already been sent out,” Riolo said.“Also, he still hasn’t received any written notification five days later of a breach notice or even a termination.

There are things within the NRL contract, a process that needs to be followed and it is clear as day what you have to do and that is send a breach notice.“That then gives the player five days’ notice to attend to that and appear before the board.“None of this has been followed and he has just been treated with complete disrespect.“Regardless of the issue I think everyone deserves a fair hearing.”

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if you want to start talking about following proper protocol, then what about carney not following the correct protocol which would be to pee into a toilet

riolo really comes out sounding like a piece of crap in this whole situation

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clutching at straws....

There is a process to the urinal as well... you piss in it, not in your own mouth.

P.S. You're fired.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Riolo is just desperate to keep his commission on Carneys 2 years of contract still due.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ffs be a man and cop it.

You made your bed, now sleep in it.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He might actually have to work for a living now.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still can't accept responsibility for his own actions

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Todd really ready for every incident going back to his ban from the entire town of Goulburn, and the media to remind us? This guy is weirder than I thought...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
$650k a year job, and he PISSED it all away. That must PISS him off. Will teach him to hit the PISS and act like a douchebag. I PISSED myself laughing that someone in such a privelaged position could act like such a PISSant. And his excuse was PISS weak. The photo was taken on a digital camera. It was 100% likely to end up distributed. And now Carney has to PISS off. What a sad way to be remembered.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He is clutching at straws now, he blew away his easy life and he should just move on like how the rest of us cop it in the real world...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Todd should buy himself a horse and move to the mountains and stop bothering people

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Carney really lives in another reality. He still doesn't admit he has an alcohol problem and that everyone is against him.

Crazy addict.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it really an alcohol problem? I mean, when I think alcoholics or alcohol problems.. i think people who have whisky with their corn flakes... Carney is just a meat head who binge drinks.

Using the Alcohol card for a dumb shit is an insult to alcoholics.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
Good, he should. Cast out as a pariah, everybodys favourite whipping boy, meanwhile you got two Souths players who beat their girlfriends, Robert Lui beats his pregnant wife, Greg Bird smashes glass into girls faces, Nate Myles shits in a hallway, Barba smacked his missus.

But no, we're cool with them all playing on, its the guy who pissed in his mouth, hes the real blight on our game :(

Muppets

P.S Nearly forgot about our own player who bashed up a taxi driver while drunk out of his mind.

Yup, carry on folks, Todds the real enemy here ;)

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good, he should. Cast out as a pariah, everybodys favourite whipping boy, meanwhile you got two Souths players who beat their girlfriends, Robert Lui beats his pregnant wife, Greg Bird smashes glass into girls faces, Nate Myles shits in a hallway, Barba smacked his missus.

But no, we're cool with them all playing on, its the guy who pissed in his mouth, hes the real blight on our game :(

Muppets

P.S Nearly forgot about our own player who bashed up a taxi driver while drunk out of his mind.

Yup, carry on folks, Todds the real enemy here ;)
Are you out of you're freakin mind !!??
Every instance you mention here was a one off. No matter how despicable, someone saw fit to give them a second chance.
Carney is a fûckin mathead of the highest order, he's on his 3rd club and about 20th chance. It's irrelevant wether this instance is bad enough to justify his sacking. When you add it to the shît he's already done, he had to be sacked.

P.S : bashed up ? He pushed him. Pull your head in !

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
Are you out of you're freakin mind !!??
Every instance you mention here was a one off. No matter how despicable, someone saw fit to give them a second chance.
Carney is a fûckin mathead of the highest order, he's on his 3rd club and about 20th chance. It's irrelevant wether this instance is bad enough to justify his sacking. When you add it to the shît he's already done, he had to be sacked.

It is entirely relevant you silly goose. You think violent women bashers deserve to be apart of the game, while Carney doesn't, and I need to pull my head in? Hahah good on ya champion

Status
Not open for further replies.