Todd Carney will appeal Cronulla’s decision to terminate his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The host on Offsiders yesterday said it best "Carney does not deserve a place in the game" (or words to that effect).

Whether others have done this and that to me is simply not relevant. Each instance is assessed individually. Its like the old "but he did it too!" that we resorted to as schoolkids.

Read Carney's rap sheet - its enough to make you sick. I lived on campus at Sydney Uni in the 90s at the most notorious mens college out there (now co-ed). WE did some pretty bad and random sh!t, but nothing like this idiot, nor were we in our late 20s and still doing it. If I was exposed for this behaviour, the Institute of Chartered Accountants and ASIC would have my career finished before I could muster up a "but, sir...", and i'm not a sports star on $650K per year, and inspiring kids and pissing off the very people who pay my wages.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are you out of you're freakin mind !!??
Every instance you mention here was a one off. No matter how despicable, someone saw fit to give them a second chance.
Carney is a fûckin mathead of the highest order, he's on his 3rd club and about 20th chance. It's irrelevant wether this instance is bad enough to justify his sacking. When you add it to the shît he's already done, he had to be sacked.

It is entirely relevant you silly goose. You think violent women bashers deserve to be apart of the game, while Carney doesn't, and I need to pull my head in? Hahah good on ya champion
Like I said, what I think doesn't matter, someone offered these guys a second chance. No-one in their right mind will offer carney a 21st chance.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
So repeated pregnant women bashers have a place in our game, but repeated drunken idiocy doesn't.. got it. So long as our priorities are in order.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
The host on Offsiders yesterday said it best "Carney does not deserve a place in the game" (or words to that effect).

Whether others have done this and that to me is simply not relevant. Each instance is assessed individually. Its like the old "but he did it too!" that we resorted to as schoolkids.

Read Carney's rap sheet - its enough to make you sick. I lived on campus at Sydney Uni in the 90s at the most notorious mens college out there (now co-ed). WE did some pretty bad and random sh!t, but nothing like this idiot, nor were we in our late 20s and still doing it. If I was exposed for this behaviour, the Institute of Chartered Accountants and ASIC would have my career finished before I could muster up a "but, sir...", and i'm not a sports star on $650K per year, and inspiring kids and pissing off the very people who pay my wages.
So you basically endorse the idea that keeping your job rests entirely on the photographic evidence of your behaviour not surfacing. How convenient, I wonder how many smartphones were around when you were doing this? Carney wasn't sacked for pissing in his mouth, he was sacked because someone posted it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So you basically endorse the idea that keeping your job rests entirely on the photographic evidence of your behaviour not surfacing. How convenient, I wonder how many smartphones were around when you were doing this? Carney wasn't sacked for pissing in his mouth, he was sacked because someone posted it.
That's what you took from my comment? That it all hinges on being caught? Jeez Louise.

Carney wasn't sacked because he was caught/exposed. He was sacked because he is an idiot of the highest order who shouldn't be part of normal society, let alone the rugby league community.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
That's what you took from my comment? That it all hinges on being caught? Jeez Louise.

Carney wasn't sacked because he was caught/exposed. He was sacked because he is an idiot of the highest order who shouldn't be part of normal society, let alone the rugby league community.
Agree with what you're saying but if the parties involved are willing to terminate Carney's contract for what he did then there should be others that should have their contracts torn up as well for the rubbish they have done tbh.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with what you're saying but if the parties involved are willing to terminate Carney's contract for what he did then there should be others that should have their contracts torn up as well for the rubbish they have done tbh.
I agree there are plenty of others who should have also been removed from the game, but that doesn't preclude Carney deserving to be sacked...

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score

Yes it does all hinge on being caught genius, thats the point. All well and good for you to say 'if evidence of my deeds in the 90's surfaced, id lose my job and rightly so', but there isn't evidence is there? Once again, how convenient.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, to take your argument further along the line, when somebody is brought to justice, whether they are speeding on Canterbury Road or have murdered and dismembered 20 people, what makes you a wrongdoer is actually being caught? That of course is often the defence taken by people, that they regret being caught, not their actions.

On another point I never said I had done anything to deserve to lose my job. I said as young blokes we did some random shit, but nothing as retarded as Carney, and IF I had done stuff like that (which I didn't) and it came out (how else would anybody find out?) I would lose my job.

Admittedly I can see where my grammar slipped somewhat in my earlier comment to be interpreted as me saying I had committed acts sufficient to lose my job. No excuse for poor wording. But my main issue is that it's not being "caught" that makes it all so wrong, but the committing of the act.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bubbler boy adds all new meaning to the word "pisshead" lol. Sure, a lot of us would have done stuff that would get us sacked from our jobs, but most of us are not stupid enough to allow it to be photographed, especially if we had a past and the warnings Bubbler boy had.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@KakkaDog Just wanting to clarify here, are you for or against Carney being sacked?

Or are you just pissed off that 'Women bashes' are still in the sport?

I believe each incident needs to be investigated independently... At the end of the day, you have a high profile sportsmen who has a bad track record + a strict contractual agreement stating "Do not bring the game into disrepute" pissing into his own mouth (or pretending to, doesn't matter).

His actions cannot be defended, there is no excuse.

If Joe Blow who works at Coles is snapped doing the same thing in a Coles shirt and it goes viral, I guarantee he'll also lose his job.. this isn't a Witch Hunt for Carney.

Status
Not open for further replies.