Todd Carney To The GWS Giants AFL Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Triple M in Adelaide is reporting that the GWS Giants AFL team has offered former Cronulla Sharks player Todd Carney a pre season trial next year.Carney, who was sacked by the Sharks after repeated warnings about his off field conduct that culminated in a photo being release that “appeared” to show him urinating into his own mouth, is very unlikely to ever play in the NRL again.I think news of this GWS Giants approach to Todd Carney is hilarious. The GWS Giants are the biggest disaster in Australian sporting history. They are a hole in which the AFL throws millions of dollars into every year that is set on fire for no return what so ever.I’d really like to see Todd Carney running out there in front of 800 people who got free tickets at a stadium named after some Eastern European car manufacturer to play a sport he has never played before. I think that type of circus would be fitting for a team that absolutely no one at all in Sydney gives a stuff about.So let’s all hope this happens. I think Carney would be a great headline act for the GWS Giants.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His hammys wont last 5 mins in gayfl

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Karmichael dropped 20kgs and had massive issues with serious cramp. AFL is brutal on fitness for most positions. Carney would last 5 minutes and would need to wear a circus hat.
Really 20kgs off mass lost seems pretty odd, wasn't he like 90 kgs when he started in the AFL?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont follow afl much, but dont u need to be taller to play afl? Todd seems to be a smaller bloke.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More chance of seeing Marilyn Monroe play an actual regular season AFL game than Todd Carney.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like when Jeff Fenech played for parramatta, some of the young kennellers may not have know that

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:roflol: it was a joke, and they started the rumour themselves after one of the heads at GWS said he wouldn't mind courting more NRL players. TripleM floated the idea of Todd Carney and asked their (Triple M's) media guy to ask the question of GWS, if they were talking about Carney.

It was shitcanned almost immediately by GWS, rather stating they wouldn't rule out poaching more NRL players in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.