Todd Carney Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
just read through a few posts and notice people asking for Jamie soward.
I may be out of line here but is this an actual pisstake or are people being genuinely serious about signing this absolute fucktard?
He's a good player... have you seen him play? Some people, like myself, are willing to overlook his character and would accept him on board as he would bring skill and experience to our team

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's a good player... have you seen him play? Some people, like myself, are willing to overlook his character and would accept him on board as he would bring skill and experience to our team
annd not the sort of bloke to get on the cans and do something completely, mind blowingly stupid.

People need to forget Carney... NRL have already said NO when Dragons asked.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
he got dropped from Penrith for a reason, he's a fail and we'd be stupid to sign him

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he got dropped from Penrith for a reason, he's a fail and we'd be stupid to sign him
He got dropped because he wasn't performing as part of the team. He is still a highly skilled PROPER halfback. Go watch our round 2 game where we dominated in the middle yet Soward almost won the game by himself with the boot

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
He got dropped because he wasn't performing as part of the team. He is still a highly skilled PROPER halfback. Go watch our round 2 game where we dominated in the middle yet Soward almost won the game by himself with the boot

he never EVER hits the right man, yes he can kick but if people seriously want to sign him then lol we would be absolutely clueless to do that

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now it's gone from Todd Carnage (who would inflict so much carnage onto this club with his despicable acts) to signing Coward.

Coward has got to be one of the most hated players in recent years amongst Bulldogs fans. A big fat no to signing him, he has a good kicking game but that's about it. The tries he would assist with his kicks would be balanced out by his shocking defence.

People want Des out yet at the same time want desperation signings. There is no need to panic the squad is a solid top 8 team. We need additions but quality ones not some boofhead like Carnage or Coward

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Now it's gone from Todd Carnage (who would inflict so much carnage onto this club with his despicable acts) to signing Coward.

Coward has got to be one of the most hated players in recent years amongst Bulldogs fans. A big fat no to signing him, he has a good kicking game but that's about it. The tries he would assist with his kicks would be balanced out by his shocking defence.

People want Des out yet at the same time want desperation signings. There is no need to panic the squad is a solid top 8 team. We need additions but quality ones not some boofhead like Carnage or Coward
Thurston missed 3.63 tackles a game this year, Soward 3.58. In the past 5 seasons only once has Soward missed more tackles than Thurston.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Milkman? seriously? ....... I threw up in my mouth a little at just the thought.

Carney would need to get approval to come back to the NRL first, then find a way to unbreak his body, and try to become the player he was years ago first, thats a whole lot of issues for him to overcome, if he manages to do all that, he'd have 2, maybe 3 seasons left in him if he's lucky? whats the point chasing any of these guys? We need to find players about 5 or 6 years younger than them.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Milkman? seriously? ....... I threw up in my mouth a little at just the thought.

Carney would need to get approval to come back to the NRL first, then find a way to unbreak his body, and try to become the player he was years ago first, thats a whole lot of issues for him to overcome, if he manages to do all that, he'd have 2, maybe 3 seasons left in him if he's lucky? whats the point chasing any of these guys? We need to find players about 5 or 6 years younger than them.
Sowards rips on Carney. Carney should not be looked at by any NRL club let alone the doggies. Soward is a gun... Carney isn't a halfback either... well im not sure of that but he doesn't play like one!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would love to have our club hated again! Instead of been NRL and media puppets!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He kicked it dead with a min left we got 7 tackles and won the game on the bell. Other than that has got a useful kicking game

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Spot on. Have him do all (if not all) of the kicking. Stick him out near Jacko in defence and have him protect him similar to what Beau Scott did for him at St.George. He's old and a fuckwit but he better than what we have... which is fucking sad tbh.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He got dropped because Hook is known for bringing up juniors. Quite easy to do when he is a new coach and is trying to move forward. He took a punt on Cleary and it payed off.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
He got dropped because Hook is known for bringing up juniors. Quite easy to do when he is a new coach and is trying to move forward. He took a punt on Cleary and it payed off.
yeah nah, soward wouldn't hit his man and the attack spluttered as a result . If you think we should sign him I would suggest you have a scan

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Carney was at Sauce in Coogee during the week having a bit of a bender and was telling people that the nrl won't register him

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score

We have those players already, but the coach won't let them go out and just play footy . . . they have to play like robots in a stage comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.