Toby Sexton

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
News article about how the Dogs botched the contract of Titans young gun:

NRL 2021: Gold Coast Titans hoping to cash in on Bulldogs’ bungle with Toby Sexton.

An administrative bungle by the Bulldogs opened the door for highly-touted rookie Toby Sexton to return to the Gold Coast and now he wants to help the Titans become a premiership force.

Sexton was part of an elite group of Queensland schoolboys stars that graduated in 2019 comprising the likes of Warriors whiz Reece Walsh, Roosters dynamo Sam Walker and Maroons jet Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.

He was overlooked by Titans scouts in his early high school years and instead inked a four-year development deal with the Bulldogs.

Sexton could have still been in Bulldogs colours if not for a sliding doors moment that delivered him to the Titans.

“He had an option in the contract for the fourth year but due to a change of staff at the Bulldogs they missed the deadline,” Bartlett said.

“Everyone watching the game that year realised he was going to be in the Queensland halves along with Sam Walker and a massive chance to make the Australian side.

“The Bulldogs wanted to take up the option but they missed the deadline. The Sharks flew him down to Cronulla and it looked like he would go there.

“I rang Mal Meninga (Titans culture chief) and Ezra Howe (Titans recruitment manager) and asked them if they wanted to sign the Australian Schoolboys halfback from Palm Beach Currumbin who is a great person and ticked all the boxes. It was a rare opportunity for the Titans.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ah well, too late now, but pretty amateur stuff.

At least Gus will make sure the good kids stay at our club.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noooo, not the sexton

Well done Anderson supporters, look what you done...

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s not a bad kicker of the ball, thats really about it, lacks pace and creativity from what I’ve seen but could be under instructions

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty happy the way the club has been performing in recruitment. don't care much about this report. who cares? maybe his manager

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasnt keen to sign with us after receiving scholarship. I think that has something to do with mcdonnell too. Happened around the time he got cut

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He wasnt keen to sign with us after receiving scholarship. I think that has something to do with mcdonnell too. Happened around the time he got cut
Yeh I think I remember someone saying something like this when it happened? He didn’t want to be at the dogs pretty much

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is the slowest half I’ve seen ! the guy is slower than Lewis Hahahhaha !!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't know a lot about Sexton. But I doubt he'll outshine Burton next year somehow. If he does become a star then no doubt it'll be spoken about for decades to come. I'll worry about it then.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he wanted to stick around he would have. There was a technicality and he headed for the exit, means he wanted to go.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Didn’t look anything flash in that game