To parents and soon to be parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm going to be a dad in September and the last few days I have been looking at baby things.

Prams, Cots etc

Can you tell me if you don't mind what type of pram and cot you have and what did you pay.

I know people say the Bugaboo pram is the best but at $1700 it's just not happening.

A friend is selling theirs for $850 and I wanted to know if even $850 was to much.
Thanks peeps
MattyB

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What type of bugaboo is it? Limited edition? What extra do they have with it i.e. Seat liners, cup holders...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm going to be a dad in September and the last few days I have been looking at baby things.

Prams, Cots etc

Can you tell me if you don't mind what type of pram and cot you have and what did you pay.

I know people say the Bugaboo pram is the best but at $1700 it's just not happening.

A friend is selling theirs for $850 and I wanted to know if even $850 was to much.
Thanks peeps
MattyB
Congratulations. Glad that I don't have to worry about those things anymore. As soon as the word baby is associated with anything (clothes, toys, cots etc.) you know that the cost is going to be big. A marketing delight for the manufacturer.

Babies grow so quickly so don't get carried away with forking out big dough for things. Second hand is fine as long as the item is in good nick. To be honest we were lucky in that we had a big family where things could be passed down to be re-used.

Don't know about the price of that pram as we only ever had a basic one. Whatever direction you go in I wish you good luck...birth will be in the month od Father's day eh?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
woot woot your sperm works! congratulations

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What type of bugaboo is it? Limited edition? What extra do they have with it i.e. Seat liners, cup holders...
It's a Bugaboo Cameleon.
With a cup holder and 2 spare covers and a rain cover I think.
I'll get some pics

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
First off congratulations
Second welcome to the world of baby stuff rorts.
You dont need to spend a fortune , let some other fucker do that who think its necessary to spend a fortune on the most fanciest thing.
Than go to buy swap sell pages or Gumtree and check out the eastern suburbs areas.
The shit is hardly used we got some phil and teds for $250 with the detachable peanut.
( id give you mine but im undecided if im gunna spray the mrs ovaries again and get the half a dozen up)
Babies grow that fast that its absolutely ridiculous to buy designer gear al the do is shit dribble and spew in it .
Dont go over $400 for a pram /stroller

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's clean and not worn out

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check gumtree shit loads of similar style under $500

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
from my experience i went for a $200 pram with my first one, by the time my second was 5 year old we had gone through 4 prams.

from experience:

1- most importantly buy the pram which fits easily into the boot of your car... the big joggers with big wheels are simply not designed for people with normal sedans.
2- dont get the pram where you have to pump air into the tyres.
3- buy the pram which will last you atleast 4-5 years, unless you are happy to a cheap pram every second year. kids use it till they are 6-7 year old.
4- dont spend more than $800 on a pram... its not a friggin family car you are buying.

Same with cot. dont buy bassinet and carry cot shiit, kids grow out of it pretty quick and its useless within 3 months.
buy a proper good quality toddler bed / baby cot/ one in all.... even if you have to pay more money but it will last you very very long time.

lastly, congratulation!

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks guys n gals.

I have looked at a few cots that convert to a toddlers bed.

They aren't expensive at all so if I do go for the Bugaboo I'll save ob the pram.

Still plenty of time though

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My wife had a Mazda 3 and our cameleon fit in the boot. With a little room left in there.
$850 is a little steep for that pram. About $50-$600 is a reasonable price for a second hand one.

Grab yourself one of these basinets, your little one will be in there for the 1st 6 months.

Also see if your baby capsule has adapters for the pram. Easy for transferring the baby in and out of the car.

Congrats mate, kids are the best

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have seen them go for up to 700 on ebay and i think this one is in better condition.

I have a honda HRV so it will fit no problems.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Prams, Cots etc

Thanks peeps
MattyB
Having had 2 kids, my suggestion is 2nd hand..... (except the cot mattress of course)

Congrats on the sex by the way

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the club lol

We used those prams that can accommodate the car capsule too so we didn't have to buy 2 when the kids got older.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have Boori cot, change table, tall boy and toy box for sale. Cost us 4k for them all. Dark wood in colour.

The cot has a few scratches on the adjustable rail bit the rest are mint condition.

You can have the lot for 2K ono.

Status
Not open for further replies.