Opinion To anyone who wants Meaney promoted.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why the fuck would you not play Meaney... watching first grade do you really think the last line of defence is the biggest issue? Clearly our CTW defence is the main cause of our problems, as bad as Hoppa was at centre last season, he's a better defender than Montoya and Holland... so yeah we have no choice.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mr I you always shit on Meaney. What makes you think he can’t be as good as what we have running around at the moment ?
Easy to shit on someone who hasn't been given a chance. Meaney was good last week, was average this week. Keep in mind that the team dropped a lot of ball today and the attack didn't really flow, also it's his second game with new structures and teammates

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mr I you always shit on Meaney. What makes you think he can’t be as good as what we have running around at the moment ?
He's been tried an Newcastle in first grade under a far better side than what we have and showed the same qualities as he has in NSW Cup.

Hoppa isn't the problem with our side at the moment.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's been tried an Newcastle in first grade under a far better side than what we have and showed the same qualities as he has in NSW Cup.

Hoppa isn't the problem with our side at the moment.
Surely you aren’t dismissing a kid because he played less then ten games in first grade with a shit team ? I’d be playing him on the wing with our lineup. Have not been impressed with any of the outside backs.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone really needs to watch nsw cup, Meaney avoids any heavy contact, struggles getting back out and his defence is shit house
I rkn he got bumped of 6-7 tackles yesty and a few were last line of defence, soon as they broke the line they knew they run straight over the top of him
Even when he came in to help stop a try with 2 blokes on the attacker he got shrugged off
Not sure if his strength or just a shit tackler

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone really needs to watch nsw cup, Meaney avoids any heavy contact, struggles getting back out and his defence is shit house
I rkn he got bumped of 6-7 tackles yesty and a few were last line of defence, soon as they broke the line they knew they run straight over the top of him
Even when he came in to help stop a try with 2 blokes on the attacker he got shrugged off
Not sure if his strength or just a shit tackler
Sounds like he will fit right into this backline

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney was solid last week and poor this week.. there's several first graders that were poor both weeks ....

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but Hoppa offers nothing at Fullback at the moment, is it him or something going on as he has the skill.
Not one to vote to drop Hoppa but we need Speed at the back, this is the slowest team I think we've fielded for a long time, everything is slow.
Hoppa to Left Centre or Wing.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry but Hoppa offers nothing at Fullback at the moment, is it him or something going on as he has the skill.
Not one to vote to drop Hoppa but we need Speed at the back, this is the slowest team I think we've fielded for a long time, everything is slow.
Hoppa to Left Centre or Wing.
2008 could lose to this squad in a 100m sprint by 15 metres but point taken

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May be we should look at it another way, meaney is not to replace hoppa but to replace montoya. Meaney to fb and hoppa to ctr.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I watched Meaney yesterday, he was absolutely shocking...
But our edge defenses are so weak and we need to plug it up. I would bring in Meaney just so wr can have hoppa at Centre to.replace montoya.

By giving him a go at least, we can for sure say he is shit and then we can go to the market for a FB for next year.
Time to blood some players and see what's out there. We did that last year and we blessed with Reimis smith.