To all of you who wanted Hasler gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fact Tigers beat both of the teams we played destroys all of the excuses

The so called top teams haven't even found their rhythm yet. Both Storm & Roosters have new spine combos yet we got flogged.

Dib is a disgrace for the way he handled the situation. We will be battling it out for the spoon with Souffs if this continues.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Did we play the Storm and Roosters in those last three games? Maybe we are playing that way - it's the opposition that has changed......
Wasnt impressed with the roosters or storm. Weve been terrible

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Lol you won't accept 60 points let in but haslet even let in quite a few last year at times. If it was against 2 bottom teams I would have agreed. Not the 2 top teams.

Dogsofwar74

Waterboy
Reaction score
Watching is not the same as understanding. My missus sits in front of the TV when the footy is on and wouldn't have a clue what it is. I've been going to Dogs games since the 60's. did you come over to Perth to actually support them or did you just sit in your cave and "watch"? Graham is ordinary and has been for a couple of years. Not his fault. He is just getting older.

Why do I have to explain the Tigers efforts? Couldn't care less about them. I only care about my team, but I will point out that Cleary has been a head coach for over 10 years and took over the Tigers in mid-2017 which gave him the chance to see who would respond to his methods on the field and who wouldn't. Pay hasn't had that opportunity yet.

So now you've decided he was an average player, despite 10 years of FG, Origin and International play. I guess that demonstrates just how poor your judgement is. He may well end up missing as a coach and if he does I'm sure you will be there to tell the world you were right. Me, I'm going to keep backing him until he has had a chance to get things in place.
Keep throwing insults old man. I mentioned the tigers because you used "new combinations" as a point. So i asked you to explain the tigers situation because they have more new players and new combinations? Why sack a proven fg coach, (the 2nd most successful in the last 10 years) for a rookie? Because i dont agree with your theory i must not understand the game. Pffft. We heard of the "mongrel" coming back under Pay, he never had much mongrel when he played. Plenty more dogs players had more mongrel them him, and most of them smaller than he was too.

Dogsofwar74

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not missing graham, the side that keeps getting exposed is our right side
Foran Jackson hoppa
Complete new combination, they will get better! Both games we got murdered that side not up the middle where graham defended
It's those 3 that have to gel, and hopefully fast
Yes, because the opposition getting yards up the middle before hitting the edges. True Graham has not been his best the last couple of years, but was just that tenacious and hard working in defence he would set the tone.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watch every game every week. How many do you watch? They are missing Graham in defense. Fitter and stronger? They are not as fit as the other sides. New Combinations? Explain the tigers efforts, they have more new players, with more new combinations than the dogs. It starts in defense. The players have said how "relaxing" training has been with Pay. Average player, average coach.
I don’t remember average players getting picked in origin sides or Australian sides...you are totally clueless!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can only assume you have just immigrated to this country and it is your first week of watching footy. Des, good or bad, refused to drop anyone for poor performance. In fact one of the major reasons why our second grade is so poor is because every good young player we brought on board never got a shot at FG and moved on. We essentially have lost a generation of good players from the club and are now trying to re-develop that level so we can have options.

They are fitter and stronger than I have ever seen them, but the bottom line is that if you don't hang onto the ball you are going to be defending and eventually you will crack and with new combinations that will happen quicker than with established ones.

As for James Graham, well he's playing like he's 33 and while he is willing enough he isn't bending the line much nor offloading and still running sidewards. Same rubbish he did with us.
First few sentences made me laugh out loud well said

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep throwing insults old man. I mentioned the tigers because you used "new combinations" as a point. So i asked you to explain the tigers situation because they have more new players and new combinations? Why sack a proven fg coach, (the 2nd most successful in the last 10 years) for a rookie? Because i dont agree with your theory i must not understand the game. Pffft. We heard of the "mongrel" coming back under Pay, he never had much mongrel when he played. Plenty more dogs players had more mongrel them him, and most of them smaller than he was too.
Pay had no mongrel???? Farrrrck offff

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Pay will be lucky to last the year! Gone from 2nd best defense to the worst. Must be all tea and biscuits at training, they look so unfit. Lichaa looks slow and heavy. The only forward busting a nut is Jackson.
Really???
RFM has been the best forward by far and Lichaa is actually making us go forward.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know, I was disappointed last night

I thought we would be better
The penny dropped and I realised we are bottom 4 side still

It’s not the fault of Pay
He can only do what he can with the muppets Des assembled
The players have been exposed you think? but our possession has been atrocious, losing the ball at crucial times. Maybe if pay highlights the importance of ball possession to the players and makes them accountable we might have a better chance.

Des was huge on possession but went too far with the 5th tackle option..

It seems Pay has overlooked little things like possession and defence

Last edited:

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think we are all agreed this guy is a fucking stain on this club, I said in another thread some people on here need to go follow another club. This tool is one of them. Fuck off mate

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You make a good point with regards to the perceived obstacle of new players/combinations .. It's a myth and people should stop using that excuse

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's be clear about something here. This all came about because of your comments about the wonderful efforts of Hasler and Dymock and how Hasler ripped into the players when they stuffed up. that presumes that Pay doesn't do that - which is wrong based on his experience as an assistant coach and coach of the Origin Under 20's successfully. I love the selective use of stats to boost an argument. Hasler won a couple of comps with one team in a single period - that's it. He didn't win any comps with us in 6 years so let's talk about that shall we. Not only did he not win any but last year was one of the worst performances by our club in the past 40 years and we can't overlook the fact that Hasler had complete and total control of the playing roster, admin roster and coaching staff for the entire period. Unlike Pay who has been left to pick up the pieces and try and put a competitive side together.

Hasler didn't drop any players no matter how badly they played and his excuse was there was no-one better in the lower grades than those in FG, but just who recruited ALL the lower grade players. That's right the second greatest coach of the past 10 years that's who. Got an eye for talent that bloke hasn't he. Still, if he hadn't destroyed our salary cap we may still been able to recover - but no this same great coach buggered that as well.

Still Pay has been in charge for 2 games so it should be entirely his fault and not Des' nor Dymocks who just sat in the corner for those same 6 years filling up water bottles apparently. See that's the trouble with being an old man - you've seen it and heard it all before.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's be clear about something here. This all came about because of your comments about the wonderful efforts of Hasler and Dymock and how Hasler ripped into the players when they stuffed up. that presumes that Pay doesn't do that - which is wrong based on his experience as an assistant coach and coach of the Origin Under 20's successfully. I love the selective use of stats to boost an argument. Hasler won a couple of comps with one team in a single period - that's it. He didn't win any comps with us in 6 years so let's talk about that shall we. Not only did he not win any but last year was one of the worst performances by our club in the past 40 years and we can't overlook the fact that Hasler had complete and total control of the playing roster, admin roster and coaching staff for the entire period. Unlike Pay who has been left to pick up the pieces and try and put a competitive side together.

Hasler didn't drop any players no matter how badly they played and his excuse was there was no-one better in the lower grades than those in FG, but just who recruited ALL the lower grade players. That's right the second greatest coach of the past 10 years that's who. Got an eye for talent that bloke hasn't he. Still, if he hadn't destroyed our salary cap we may still been able to recover - but no this same great coach buggered that as well.

Still Pay has been in charge for 2 games so it should be entirely his fault and not Des' nor Dymocks who just sat in the corner for those same 6 years filling up water bottles apparently. See that's the trouble with being an old man - you've seen it and heard it all before.
Hasler inherited a club who were minor premiers in all grades the year before. He went down hill from there simple as that. Only made grand final on back of Barba.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Hasler inherited a club who were minor premiers in all grades the year before. He went down hill from there simple as that. Only made grand final on back of Barba.
oh please, we made the grand final in 2014 and would have won it in 2012 without barba

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
oh please, we made the grand final in 2014 and would have won it in 2012 without barba
Would have won it without Barba? I know you don’t like Barba but that is quite the call. I don’t think our success was all down to Barba that year, but he played a huge part in it. I think we’d still have gone ok without him, but don’t think we’d have made the grand final, let alone won it.

Having said that, I think Hasler did pretty well in the first few seasons. 2012 was a good year, 2013 everything went wrong and 2014 was a good year barring that post origin lul which we didn’t really snap out of until the finals....It’s only in recent years I feel he totally lost the plot.

One thing is certain, I’m not sorry he’s gone.

He had complete control of the club and the longer he was here, the further downhill we went.

I think he’s a control freak and that would be all good and well if he had the right ideas, but I think in the latter half of his term he consistently had the wrong ones and was too inflexible and stubborn to change.

I’ll give Pay time to see what he can do...and if he doesn’t turn out to be right for us, I think we should look forward and not back.

But I do agree he had a decent start at the club. I think his finish was terrible though. Truly, I do. Things went a bit pear shaped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.