To all Mods and Admin on this forum.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about ppl not being able to start threads unless they have x amount of posts. Cant count how many times the BS is started by hit and run members and members with very small post counts.
Yeah, that is a fairly good idea. That way more reliable people could control threads, but once again, nevilles with low post counts who just joined to disrupt things would still be able to post and turn this place into a circus.

And for legitimate new Kennelers who want to start up, any restrictions on low post count people or new members would not be fair. There isn't much of a solution that I can see.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But the mods are now reading the threads more carefully for crap, just ask a few of the members who had a go at for deleting a single post on Folkes having a go at SBW being Muslim. :confused:

You cant just delete a thread if its valid and the poster hasnt written something like "zomg sbw piss off, he in paper too much"
Haha, fair enough mate. I understand. I know you have a tough job, I wouldn't want to be doing it thats for sure, too much work and responsibilty for me.:grinning:

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Promoting more Mods may cause more harm than good I guess if some are just not objective enough in their views and too biased and then also aren't stringent upon the rules of the forum. But then, if some have shown to be mature and balanced enough for the job, then perhaps the 'site security' could be beefed up?
We need to do something.......

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about the email required not be a public one i.e yahoo or hotmail?

Chris.P

I'm a Manager
Reaction score
I seriously reckon this place should be shut down

its does more harm than good these days

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
That my friend is a BIG start. It is a prerequisite of another forum I'm on.

And to tell you the truth the code of conduct is not totally enforced on here guys. I appreciate the job you guys do and I know how hard it is.

buster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
this is still a democracy - we are not slandering anyone - we are putting our point of view across - i am sure the mods will delete anything that is 'illegal' in regards to the terms of this forum

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I seriously reckon this place should be shut down

its does more harm than good these days
If things don't get better around here, then that was going to be my next recommendation. Just for a while until something can be done and the club gets back on it's feet.

Hardly anyone talks footy anymore, all we do is b!tch and moan.

Chris.P

I'm a Manager
Reaction score
If things don't get better around here, then that was going to be my next recommendation. Just for a while until something can be done and the club gets back on it's feet.

Hardly anyone talks footy anymore, all we do is b!tch and moan.
Totally feel the same.

I think it would be a good thing to shut down for a while and start fresh sometime in the future.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you want it shutdown, dont come here. HTH

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That my friend is a BIG start. It is a prerequisite of another forum I'm on.
And to tell you the truth the code of conduct is not totally enforced on here guys. I appreciate the job you guys do and I know how hard it is.
I think that would be best. Definately a start and we can trace/ban trouble makers. Like alot of people, I would need to transfer my email over to my personal one from my hotmail one. No biggy I would imagine?

this is still a democracy - we are not slandering anyone - we are putting our point of view across - i am sure the mods will delete anything that is 'illegal' in regards to the terms of this forum
Even in a democracy, police have a job to make sure public meetings including speeches and also protests go along in a peaceful manner, not a destructive one. Other sites are more clean than this one, so lets do what they do and clean the place up.

I agree on threads being started is done by those who have a minimum amount of posts. 1000 perhaps? Not everyone posts like Kimlo (jokes) and it would take time to get to that many, so at least that will pretty much rule that one out. The only thing left will be 'reactionary comments'. The personal email idea will help with that.

I think those 2 ideas are definately a start and we must do it sooner rather than later. It would help the Mods and Admin also. We must implement change now.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
typical response from a typical kenneler these days.
Why would you want something shutdown, when hundreds of people enjoy posting here? You are not ruining something i enjoy because you cant handle it, if it is so bad for you, dont log on. HTH

Chris.P

I'm a Manager
Reaction score
I agree on threads being started is done by those who have a minimum amount of posts. 1000 perhaps? QUOTE]

i have been on this site for almost 5 years and havent reached that amount of posts, even though i come on it daily.

i dont think post count can be used to justify whether people should be creating threads.

I see where your coming from though

M

Mr Miyagi

I agree on threads being started is done by those who have a minimum amount of posts. 1000 perhaps? QUOTE]

i have been on this site for almost 5 years and havent reached that amount of posts, even though i come on it daily.

i dont think post count can be used to justify whether people should be creating threads.

I agree, most of my posts are pretty crap ones lowering my self to other peoples standards and having petty arguments.
So take those away and I have 1/2 the posts I am currently on.

HappyDude

Kennel Established
Reaction score

i agree with this guy sorta
i have been here for a while and yet i don't really post that much
i only read about my beloved doggies
but the sh!t has to stop!