Titans To Make Offer To David Fifita

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
David Fifita ‘isn’t sure’ about his future. The Titans are ready to splash serious cash

It appears Brisbane’s retention of David Fifita isn’t quite a done deal with Gold Coast entering the race the signing the star forward.

According to The Courier-Mail, the Titans have officially expressed interest in Fifita with the club requesting a meeting with him and his manager Steve Deacon.

The Titans have cash to splash — more than the Broncos — with reports the club could offer him a deal of up to $3.2 million over four years.

“I’m not too sure what I’m going to do to be honest,” Fifita told The Courier-Mail.

“I’m happy at the Broncos.

“(But) It’s a business at the end of the day … you know how it works.”

Fifita was previously the target clubs in Sydney, but they pulled out after it appeared the Broncos had won the race.

But following Fifita’s admission about his future, the Titans are well in the frame with the club’s performance and culture boss Mal Meninga keen to meet with the 20-year-old, who turns 21 on Tuesday.

Fifita attended Keebra Park High, which has produced countless rugby league talent over the years, so he has close connections with the likes of Tanah Boyd and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, the latter who will be joining the Titans from Melbourne next year.

Fifita made his NRL debut for the Broncos in 2018 and has played 35 NRL games to date, while he made his Origin series debut for Queensland last year playing in all three matches before representing Australia in the World Nines tournament.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know it's still almost certain he'll remain at Brisbane but if there's any chance he's legitimately considering going elsewhere, he would be well worth pursuing if available...

Even with our logjam in the pack and having just signed Thompson.. He's still only 21 and has more skill at his size than any forward in recent memory...

But what's more likely is he's just using the Titans to get Brisbane to pony up..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If the Broncos 800k offer is true than I think it'll take Titans an offer in the vicinity of 1-1.1m for Fifita to even consider them. We're not too much different.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Won’t happen unless it’s MASSIVE coin. Money talks..!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the Bulldogs are also keeping an eye on this situation.
Fifita playing in our ever improving forward pack would do wonders for the team.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We got Thompson. I just don't think we'll have cap space for Fafita.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What are the tits gonna offer him, a ton of cash and a personalised engraving on a wooden spoon?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: David Fifita rejects Souths’ $5m approach after secret meeting with Sam Burgess

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have rolled out the red carpet to try and sign emerging Queensland Origin forward David Fifita over the summer – but the Bunnies appear to have missed the mark.
Fox Sports has learned the Rabbitohs sent retired captain Sam Burgess to Brisbane to personally visit Fifita and discuss a five-year $5 million deal to shift to Redfern from 2021.

Champion England forward Burgess travelled to Brisbane in December last year to deliver the South Sydney sales pitch about leaving the Broncos to switch to one of Sydney’s most popular clubs.

The Rabbitohs, back-to-back premiers Sydney Roosters, Canterbury-Bankstown and the New Zealand Warriors have all earmarked Fifita as their primary recruitment target for 2021.

But while the Burgess mission is believed to have gone close to landing Fifita’s signature - ultimately the young gun forward has decided to let his football continue to do the talking for the Broncos this season.

South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett has since gone on the record outlining how the Bunnies can no longer afford to chase Fifita after signing Latrell Mitchell and Jai Arrow.

Fifita, who turns 20 on Tuesday, once again outlined his standing in the game as the NRL’s best emerging forward with another five-star performance in the indigenous All Stars loss to the Maori All Stars on Saturday.

The Brisbane Broncos have Fifita signed for this year and remain focused on trying to convince the young gun to remain at Red Hill beyond this season.

The Broncos are well aware of rival clubs interest and remain content to wait until Fifita is ready to try and strike a new deal.

The Broncos enjoy an extremely close rapport with the Fifita family and David’s mother Gwen – who spoke over the weekend about his Bali arrest.

After starring for the indigenous All Stars on the Gold Coast, Fifita told The Sunday Mail: “I’m not too sure what I’m going to do to be honest.

“I want to play this year out and see what happens.

“I’ve been (with the Broncos) ever since I was young, coming through the juniors. They have been really good for me since I was young until now.

“I’m happy at the Broncos. I’m happy in general.

“We’ll see what happens. It’s a business at the end of the day, you know how it works.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b06349c9c454b2eb3d41f6716ed5caad

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“We’ll see what happens. It’s a business at the end of the day, you know how it works.”

The strongest indication that he is willing to play for an opposition club, and I am happy with his "it's a business" mentality as long as he continues to deliver for whichever club he is playing for.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No wonder why South's missed out. He didn't understand what Burgess was saying. They could have just sent a mute with a brown paper bag. Job done.
EXCLUSIVE: David Fifita rejects Souths’ $5m approach after secret meeting with Sam Burgess

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have rolled out the red carpet to try and sign emerging Queensland Origin forward David Fifita over the summer – but the Bunnies appear to have missed the mark.
Fox Sports has learned the Rabbitohs sent retired captain Sam Burgess to Brisbane to personally visit Fifita and discuss a five-year $5 million deal to shift to Redfern from 2021.

Champion England forward Burgess travelled to Brisbane in December last year to deliver the South Sydney sales pitch about leaving the Broncos to switch to one of Sydney’s most popular clubs.

The Rabbitohs, back-to-back premiers Sydney Roosters, Canterbury-Bankstown and the New Zealand Warriors have all earmarked Fifita as their primary recruitment target for 2021.

But while the Burgess mission is believed to have gone close to landing Fifita’s signature - ultimately the young gun forward has decided to let his football continue to do the talking for the Broncos this season.

South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett has since gone on the record outlining how the Bunnies can no longer afford to chase Fifita after signing Latrell Mitchell and Jai Arrow.

Fifita, who turns 20 on Tuesday, once again outlined his standing in the game as the NRL’s best emerging forward with another five-star performance in the indigenous All Stars loss to the Maori All Stars on Saturday.

The Brisbane Broncos have Fifita signed for this year and remain focused on trying to convince the young gun to remain at Red Hill beyond this season.

The Broncos are well aware of rival clubs interest and remain content to wait until Fifita is ready to try and strike a new deal.

The Broncos enjoy an extremely close rapport with the Fifita family and David’s mother Gwen – who spoke over the weekend about his Bali arrest.

After starring for the indigenous All Stars on the Gold Coast, Fifita told The Sunday Mail: “I’m not too sure what I’m going to do to be honest.

“I want to play this year out and see what happens.

“I’ve been (with the Broncos) ever since I was young, coming through the juniors. They have been really good for me since I was young until now.

“I’m happy at the Broncos. I’m happy in general.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b06349c9c454b2eb3d41f6716ed5caad

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get rid of Elliott, we are half way there...
I know it's still almost certain he'll remain at Brisbane but if there's any chance he's legitimately considering going elsewhere, he would be well worth pursuing if available...

Even with our logjam in the pack and having just signed Thompson.. He's still only 21 and has more skill at his size than any forward in recent memory...

But what's more likely is he's just using the Titans to get Brisbane to pony up..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guy will have the same sort of influence that SBW had on games once he reaches his peak or even before that. Next best player in the world imo.