Official Titans sign David Fifita

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
David Fifita will join the Gold Coast Titans on a three-year-deal, Mal Meninga has confirmed.

The Titans Head of Performance told Fox League’s Super Saturday that “It’s a great signing for the club... What a great acquisition for the club going forward.”

The 20-year-old will ink a deal reportedly worth a record-breaking $3.5 million.

It puts an end to one of the fiercest bidding wars in the NRL’s history, and represents the biggest coup in the history of the Titans.

According to 7 News, Fifita told his Broncos teammates on Saturday that he will be joining the Gold Coast next season, with an announcement expected on Monday.

Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold refused to address Fifita’s situation on Friday night, telling journalists: “I’m not here to talk about that tonight, I want to talk about the game tonight.”

The Broncos were keen to keep hold of the young talent but couldn’t match the Titans’ financial might, with 7 News claiming the Gold Coast club offered a whopping $3.2 million over three years.

But The Courier-Mail reports the Titans will hand Fifita an even bigger paycheck: $1.25m next season before $1.1m for the 2022 and 2023 seasons, for a total of around $3.5 million.

The Broncos had upped their own offer to three years, but Fifita would have been forced to sacrifice up to a million dollars over the life of the contract in order to remain at Red Hill.

The news comes as a massive blow to the embattled NRL heavyweights, already in the midst of one of their worst campaigns in the 32 years of the club.

The Broncos have lost eight of their past nine matches, conceding 94 points in their last two games against the Storm and Tigers while scoring only one try.

But there has been some criticism of the Titans’ willingness to hand Fifita such a significant contract early in his career.

Andrew Johns said “A million dollars for me for a back-rower is quite high.

“I think the Broncos said they’d only go to seven or eight hundred (thousand), something like that.

“I think the Broncos are right, I think about $800,000. He’s an amazing prospect. He could be one of the best back-rowers in the game but he’s only 20 and I don’t think I’d be paying anywhere near that million dollars … for a back-rower.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6df2042d07547411ffb0e82697fa5251

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bullshit they're paying that much hahaha

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Crazy price lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh well, again this another comment from myself that will say MOVE ON, it’s done. Lol.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lmao no wonder siebold didnt want to talk about it yesterday.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Good on Titans and good on Fifita. Suck shit Broncos lmao

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
suck shit ponies. Leaving the sinking ship for the tits.

What a pack the titans have built.

Fotunika Fifita tino an Herman...

Need one more piece.

Throw in all young!

Someone check on kazzzzza

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Crazy money for a second rower if the figures quoted are true.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow that's huge for the Titans. Their pack next season will be:

8: Fotuaika
9: Clarke
10: James
11: Tino
12: Fifita
13: Ese Ese

That's the best pack in the comp... If they recruit a hooker then they could be a force. Obviously their backline and halves need sorting. Brimson is pretty solid. Fogarty looks okay. Taylor is trash..

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's great to see Brisbane fuck their cap so badly. They're stuck with Milford, Boyd, Bird and Lodge eating up half their cap while they lost the best prospect in the comp. The Brisbane of old would never have lost a player like Fifita.

Hopefully now that Barrett and Cotric are confirmed we can match or exceed the quality of the Titans signings.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Wow, their pack is OP. They just need a hooker and for Taylor and their pretty good backline to fire.
1. Thompson
2. Don
3. Kelly
4. Young/Peachy/Copley
5. Sami
6. Boyd/Roberts
7. Taylor/Fogerty
8. Fotuika
9. Rein
10. James
11. Tino
12. Fifita
13. Herman
14. Clark
15. Lisone/Jolliffe
16. Proctor/Wallace
17. Hipgrave

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow that's huge for the Titans. Their pack next season will be:

8: Fotuaika
9: Clarke
10: James
11: Tino
12: Fifita
13: Ese Ese

That's the best pack in the comp... If they recruit a hooker then they could be a force. Obviously their backline and halves need sorting. Brimson is pretty solid. Fogarty looks okay. Taylor is trash..
James won’t be there.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ryan James off to the Raiders