Reaction score
Sorry mods didn’t see the other thread please delete

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's nothing the Broncos could of done. The Titans have offered overs on overs for Fifita. Fifita would be an idiot to turn that down. I think it is a bad look on the Titans that Fifita took so long to make a decision and was constantly back flipping on his decision over the process. *Maybe the Broncos should of upped there offer to 1m a season now since they're a struggling club - they're also under salary cap pressure as is.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats to the titans, they are in a similar spot to us as they need to pay overs to attract big players but are trying to build up into something

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
suck shit ponies. Leaving the sinking ship for the tits.

What a pack the titans have built.

Fotunika Fifita tino an Herman...

Need one more piece.

Throw in all young!

Someone check on kazzzzza
Nasheed here,
I think titans would be well versed to fkn throw a humble deal to Tolman for 2 years to offset these monsters and provide some glue in the pack.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
David Fifita will join the Gold Coast Titans on a three-year-deal, Mal Meninga has confirmed.

The Titans Head of Performance told Fox League’s Super Saturday that “It’s a great signing for the club... What a great acquisition for the club going forward.”

The 20-year-old will ink a deal reportedly worth a record-breaking $3.5 million.

It puts an end to one of the fiercest bidding wars in the NRL’s history, and represents the biggest coup in the history of the Titans.

According to 7 News, Fifita told his Broncos teammates on Saturday that he will be joining the Gold Coast next season, with an announcement expected on Monday.

Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold refused to address Fifita’s situation on Friday night, telling journalists: “I’m not here to talk about that tonight, I want to talk about the game tonight.”

The Broncos were keen to keep hold of the young talent but couldn’t match the Titans’ financial might, with 7 News claiming the Gold Coast club offered a whopping $3.2 million over three years.

But The Courier-Mail reports the Titans will hand Fifita an even bigger paycheck: $1.25m next season before $1.1m for the 2022 and 2023 seasons, for a total of around $3.5 million.

The Broncos had upped their own offer to three years, but Fifita would have been forced to sacrifice up to a million dollars over the life of the contract in order to remain at Red Hill.

The news comes as a massive blow to the embattled NRL heavyweights, already in the midst of one of their worst campaigns in the 32 years of the club.

The Broncos have lost eight of their past nine matches, conceding 94 points in their last two games against the Storm and Tigers while scoring only one try.

But there has been some criticism of the Titans’ willingness to hand Fifita such a significant contract early in his career.

Andrew Johns said “A million dollars for me for a back-rower is quite high.

“I think the Broncos said they’d only go to seven or eight hundred (thousand), something like that.

“I think the Broncos are right, I think about $800,000. He’s an amazing prospect. He could be one of the best back-rowers in the game but he’s only 20 and I don’t think I’d be paying anywhere near that million dollars … for a back-rower.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6df2042d07547411ffb0e82697fa5251
If the figures quoted are true how can they afford to put a decent team around him?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think titans would be well versed to fkn throw a humble deal to Tolman for 2 years to offset these monsters and provide some glue in the pack.
The only glue tolman will provide is if he’s sent to the glue factory

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any player would take the money and run, especially on a sinking titanic like the donkeys.!!! 19 years old, massive money, plenty of years left in the game. The titans definitely won’t be his last club lol.!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wow, their pack is OP. They just need a hooker and for Taylor and their pretty good backline to fire.
1. Thompson
2. Don
3. Kelly
4. Young/Peachy/Copley
5. Sami
6. Boyd/Roberts
7. Taylor/Fogerty
8. Fotuika
9. Rein
10. James
11. Tino
12. Fifita
13. Herman
14. Clark
15. Lisone/Jolliffe
16. Proctor/Wallace
17. Hipgrave
You forgot about Brimson, they are building nicely

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Broncos just gotta cop it on the chin and put their faith in young Pikuara now unless he gets poached aswell

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You forgot about Brimson, they are building nicely
Brimson to fullback, Thompson to a wing, Sami into the centres. James off to the Raiders. Taylor and Fogerty are there best halves combo imo. They're missing a good hooker.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well done titans, I'm a fan of Holbrook

goodluck

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
They could have a team full of Immortals but as long as Taylor is their halfback they'll still be shit.
Where did that inbred-looking dude go that they paid big money for, Shannon Boyd?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They could have a team full of Immortals but as long as Taylor is their halfback they'll still be shit.
Where did that inbred-looking dude go that they paid big money for, Shannon Boyd?
Taylor is the ultimate confidenxe player, I've watched all their games this year and he's not been as bad as people are making out especially since the move to 5/8th, whilst he's nowhere near a $1 million per year player he's actually had some really good spells in some of their games. A lot will hinge on the development of Fogarty and Boyd, if Fogarty can just be a solid organising halfback and Boyd can develop as a dummy half that will be huge for them. IMO someone like Blake Green who can steer the ship would be a god send for them