Titans rule out bid for Bulldogs star Ben Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Apologies Rod Massoud. Dont forget that you and ~ 3 other Bulldogs supporters on earth will be the only ones happy if Benny leaves our club.
Keyword "IF"
Stop celebrating, he is still with the Bulldogs!
you bet i will be celebrating if we release barba to receive the israeli guy

it would be the best thing greenberg ever did, better than the hasler move

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
you bet i will be celebrating if we release barba to receive the israeli guy

it would be the best thing greenberg ever did, better than the hasler move
Now you are just trolling. Not biting on that one

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs have warned rival clubs to stay away from Dally M champion Ben Barba.
Coach Des Hasler and CEO Todd Greenberg have made it clear he will not be released.

The Titans and the Tigers are two clubs who are believed to have spoken to Barba's agent Gavin Orr.

There is a thought Barba is on "unders" at Belmore and could earn substantially more at another club.

His current deal was done before he shot to prominence as the game's No. 1 one pin-up player last year. He used to be a heavy gambler and has not invested his football earnings wisely.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ders-in-24-hours/story-fni3fbgz-1226668083840

Barba is not leaving,end of debate.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs have warned rival clubs to stay away from Dally M champion Ben Barba.
Coach Des Hasler and CEO Todd Greenberg have made it clear he will not be released.
Boom! End of thread!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

The Titans and the Tigers are two clubs who are believed to have spoken to Barba's agent Gavin Orr.

There is a thought Barba is on "unders" at Belmore and could earn substantially more at another club.

His current deal was done before he shot to prominence as the game's No. 1 one pin-up player last year. He used to be a heavy gambler and has not invested his football earnings wisely.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ders-in-24-hours/story-fni3fbgz-1226668083840

Barba is not leaving,end of debate.
This news has made my day!

Club has taken strong action this time not like Hannant case where I was very upset how club just gave in to Hannant BS home sickness excuse.

WELLDONE BULLDOGS!

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ONLY IF Benny leaves for Qld on compassionate grounds. Forget trying to sign Izzy on money we probably don't have and place pressure on a player due to big-money expectations (remember T-Rex signing at $600K pa?). Go after the ACT Brumbies centre Christian Lealiifano. Christian made a very brief 50 second debut for Wallabies last night against the British Lions (got knocked out). Watch him on YouTube - he is a gun and would kill it at centre. Yes he is a centre but could make it at Fullback as could J-Moz or Inu. I am dead-set certain Lealiifano would be a smash-hit in league.

FYI "Lealiifano had an outstanding season in 2012, being named Man of the Match by Super Rugby officials for eight out of the ten Super Rugby games he played. Unfortunately, he suffered a broken ankle in his tenth game which ended his season and any chance of being selected for the Wallabies in 2012".

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It could just be the case that his manager wants to renegotiate a new contract with more $$$$$ so he can cash in on the commission.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...ders-in-24-hours/story-fndujljl-1226668083840

boom!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This article means nothing really as greenberg has denied a number of things that have eventuated ,i still feel that this is all about money and if dogs upgrade his contract and get him to extend as well ,things will settle down

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers made a massive offer to lure Benny on the basis they were offloading Benji

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
beat me to it !
This news has made my day!

Club has taken strong action this time not like Hannant case where I was very upset how club just gave in to Hannant BS home sickness excuse.

WELLDONE BULLDOGS!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers made a massive offer to lure Benny on the basis they were offloading Benji
Why are they even allowed to make an offer to a player who is currently contracted to another club. Don't the NRL have rules against this.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are they even allowed to make an offer to a player who is currently contracted to another club. Don't the NRL have rules against this.
Probably because his manager was shopping him in the hope the dogs would up his contract. I PM'd a few people with this exact news weeks ago.

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey Bakes I only said "IF released". It is great that Todd & Des have warned other clubs away from Benny, however the fact of the matter is that Benny's Manager Gavin Orr knows that Benny can get more money elsewhere. Fact is the Tigers have made a massive offer for Benny although their offer is subject to Benji being released. The Titans and Broncos have also spoken to Orr, although Titans Coach Carty says he is more than happy with Zillman (and who wouldn't be). At the end of the day hopefully Benny is going nowhere but we need to have a back-up plan and I am just saying that the Izzy one will not come cheaply and that there maybe a better alternative.
What part of "will not be released" dont you understand?

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
just hope Gav knows loyalty should be a two way street. Our club wouldve have learnt from SBW and co who left earlier. Bennys a great young kid who has many years ahead to develop as a player and man. Id like to see the club upgrade his contract and extend to show we want him as one club player like a lockyer, mini etc.

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here here
just hope Gav knows loyalty should be a two way street. Our club wouldve have learnt from SBW and co who left earlier. Bennys are great young kid who has many years ahead to develop. Id like to see the club upgrade his contract and extend to show we want him as one club player like a lockyer, mini etc.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably because his manager was shopping him in the hope the dogs would up his contract. I PM'd a few people with this exact news weeks ago.
Hmm interesting. His manager is the same guy that SBW dumped ?

Status
Not open for further replies.