Titans Hype Video

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/GCTitans/status/1232944167908626432?s=20

Fans shocked over Titans’ hype video littered with N-words in song based on rap killer
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• February 28, 2020 7:37am
  • by STAFF WRITERS
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

AJ Brimson is featured in the Titans hype video.Source: FOX SPORTS
The Gold Coast Titans have come under fire for posting a hype video featuring a rap song littered with explicit lyrics and referencing a convicted killer.

The hype video features the song Suge by rapper DaBaby (Jonathan Lyndale Kirk) with the N-word used six times.

Titans share crude hype video

The club failed to bleep out the offensive words before positing the video to social media.

It’s common to see NRL promos target millennial audiences with younger players in touch with a generation that embraces gaming, pop culture, hip hop and Instagram.

But fans questioned the decision to release a hype video to its members littered with offensive language that wouldn’t be allowed on radio.

The song refers to Suge Knight, the infamous rap mogul who was jailed for more than 25 years after he was convicted of manslaughter in 2018.

One member posted a reply to the Titans on twitter saying: “Rethink that choice of music if you want me to re-sign.”

Gavo@Gavo_7

Rethink that choice of music if you want me to re-sign

Another fan wrote: “Yikes! Personally don’t see it as a huge deal. But it’s very questionable from a organisation social account.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...oRnPYdKDKr3uLa-ukSfNA0Ot-i9N4c248YgeSVCgwhTCk

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That has to be one of the worst songs I have ever heard and that video is cringe worthy as hell. Who is that video meant to hype up anyway?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what happens when you let millennials do your marketing...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't believe they said it, wow

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Titans will improve drastically this year guaranteed. A lot of talk among the group here about them, a tweed seagull is the plumber here and said they did a hit out against them and usually they are all joking around but this titans team came to opposed session with a plan and said it was like a new team.. Holbrook will do well

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I think only salty boomers are hurt by this. They wish it was still the days of AC/DC, Guns and Roses being used in promo’s. Sorry boomers most current players, new fans don’t listen to that shit anymore.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Titans will improve drastically this year guaranteed. A lot of talk among the group here about them, a tweed seagull is the plumber here and said they did a hit out against them and usually they are all joking around but this titans team came to opposed session with a plan and said it was like a new team.. Holbrook will do well
Well to be honest they couldn't really get any shitter, so improvement is pretty much guaranteed.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's acceptable for black comedians to use the N word during performances than it's acceptable for black rappers imo.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think only salty boomers are hurt by this. They wish it was still the days of AC/DC, Guns and Roses being used in promo’s. Sorry boomers most current players, new fans don’t listen to that shit anymore.
Not really about being hurt/offended - but surely there are better options than this? There would be a million songs out there less inappropriate.

Pretty massive fail by the Titan's marketing people.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

You're either on Reddit, or read the thread on there.. PS how would you know what all the players listen to? Corey Oates says he listens to country music to pump himself up lol

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
You're either on Reddit, or read the thread on there.. PS how would you know what all the players listen to? Corey Oates says he listens to country music to pump himself up lol
Reddit Hahha not sinking that low to go on there. Most of the players are on social media and you can see majority of them listen to hip hop. Sure there is a few that listen to country and rock but they aren’t jamming to rock like the players before them. It’s just a different era man, nothing wrong with that. Im not trying to start any drama btw. I love the boomer vs millennial banter. It’s great

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reddit Hahha not sinking that low to go on there. Most of the players are on social media and you can see majority of them listen to hip hop. Sure there is a few that listen to country and rock but they aren’t jamming to rock like the players before them. It’s just a different era man, nothing wrong with that. Im not trying to start any drama btw. I love the boomer vs millennial banter. It’s great

nah all good I just found the comments interesting about rap because I saw people saying the same thing on Reddit and I'm there thinking.. rap is not some new genre and it's certainly nothing new in the mainstream... I bet players back in the 90s and early norties were jamming to Tupac, Biggy, Dre, Snoop, NWA etc etc

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
nah all good I just found the comments interesting about rap because I saw people saying the same thing on Reddit and I'm there thinking.. rap is not some new genre and it's certainly nothing new in the mainstream... I bet players back in the 90s and early norties were jamming to Tupac, Biggy, Dre, Snoop, NWA etc etc
Sorry, you're not allowed to say NWA.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
lol looks like they deleted the tweet

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I see. They are probably really young and have just discovered rap now and think it's new. I'm a big hip hop guy but don't do the whole mumble thing ayy ahahah or the emo rap that's huge. The teenagers call them soundcloud rappers. No doubt some of the players of the 90's would off been listening to Tupac and that. I think when it comes to the whole NRL and clubs marketing for the overall game with promo's, they kinda do it shit tbh. It just lacks something. NFL and NBA obviously have to bigger $$ but can do little montages and short doco's so well.