• 5 from 5

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 0 from 5

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So, we play the Knights in round 1 at McDonald Jones stadium.

Panthers, Rd 2 at Bankwest, Broncos Rd 3 at Suncorp,

Rabbitohs Rd 4 at ANZ

and in Rd 5 we vs the Storm in Perth.

How do you think our first 5 games will turn out?
Shame Luke Thompson won't be there for the start of the season as he looked pretty good towards the end of last season. Really looking forward to this season.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Probably 2 from 5 I say we beat knights and broncs.. Other 3 we will need to be very good to compete

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it will depend on our first game. Beating the Knights would put wind in our sails moving forward and who knows what could happen. Its important because I think matltalian_dogs prediction above is a fair prediction with who we are up againts first 5 games.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Knights no Ponga and we have a decent record/been competitive against them in recent years. Panthers, Rabbitohs and Storm's rosters too good to beat. Those 3 will all finish in or around the top 4. Broncos beatable but they'll be favourites at Suncorp. I'd say 1 or 2 out of 5 at best.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only loss Vs the Storm.

-Knights missing Ponga & they've had all their off feild stuff going on and will be distracted.

- Baz will put everything into sticking one up Penrith & has intimate knowledge about their weaknesses.

- Should pip the Broncos

- Simply because I don't think we have won a Good Friday match for a couple years it seems we are due to beat Souff's on a Good Friday.

4 straight to start the season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think we beat the Kinghts first up and lose the next 4.

The Knights won’t have Ponga or Green and we have had the wood over them for a few years but even then I’m not 100% confident about a win.

Missing Thompson leaves us very thin up front and I think people underestimate just how long it’s going to take to gel with the major changes to the roster and playing structures.

Last edited:

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will beat Knights, Broncos & Souths - 3/5.
(I hope)

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
A bit of a test to expect our new combinations to work well from Day 1......especially against some quality opposition.....it will take a little time for combos and game plans to meld together.....I think 2/5 would be good.....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn’t realise how tough our start was to the season ....we play the runner up /minor prems and the reigning champs in the first 5 weeks?

Knights and Broncos both away

Bunnies came 3rd last year didn’t they ?

Sheesh !

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2/5

It’s really hard to say without seeing the boys in action ...takes a while to gel/chemistry with new teammates and adapting to a whole new offensive and defensive systems under new coaches

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3/5

Early in the season the good teams aren't in top form so I reckon we can get at least one big scalp. I hope it's the Panthers but most likely it will be the Wabbits on Good Friday

We can't afford to lose to the Knights or the wooden spooners otherwise TK will be in meltdown

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think a big part of our issues in recent years has been with lack of confidence and a good short kicking game. Hopefully these are both present to start the season.

But too much has changed to make a rough guess.
3 Big changes from 1-7.
Completely new coaching staff, structure and will probably be a big attitude shift.
Looking like half our spine will be altered.

So I haven't voted. But under 2/5 early wins will be a disappointment.
Newcastle - Should be beatable (some drama in their pre-season.
Panthers - Entirely possible that they're going to have big issues backing up from a huge season.
Broncos - Their roster on paper is far better than it was on field. If their new coach can get them firing they are potentially going to have a great season.
Rabbitohs - Their buying strategy doesn't instil the idea that they're in for a huge season.
Storm - Their roster still looking strong. But losing C. Smith might affect them poorly. It shouldn't. Buy it might.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
You should have gone first 6. We play Cowboys then. If we can go 3 from 6. I will be very happy. Broncos have a tougher run than us for their first 8. I think the Bronco's may be looking for there first win versus us, and we could be as well, though I'm hoping we beat the Knights without Pongia.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Think we beat the Kinghts first up and lose the next 4.

The Knights won’t have Ponga or Green and we have had the wood over them for a few years but even then I’m not 100% confident about a win.

Missing Thompson leaves us very thin up front and I think people underestimate just how long it’s going to take to gel with the major changes to the roster and playing structures.
I don’t think Thompson will be much of a loss early as we’ve bought well in the forwards.He was a liability in defence last year... I hope he’s rectified he’s grabbing technique, he fell off a lot!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Thompson will be much of a loss early as we’ve bought well in the forwards.He was a liability in defence last year... I hope he’s rectified he’s grabbing technique, he fell off a lot!
A front row of Napa, Hetherington, Atoni or Ogden doesn't fill me with much confidence at all. They are really going to have to step up because I can see them getting dominated otherwise. Napa is the only one that has established himself in the NRL and he has been very disappointing.

I thought Thompson was great in the last few games he played and will be only be better with a full off season he will leave a huge hole.

Last edited: