Opinion Time to raid rugby

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I have explored this path before and what I was told is that the NRL already do this, just at the cradle.

Like a pedo, they hover and keep tabs of juniors and approach them with enticing offers to come to league.
Hence why we have Crichton, Murray etc.

rugby get the leftover.

As for the specified players;

Curtis rona
Hasn't played the game in 5 years. Getting on a bit, but overrated when he was here as like El Masri to Sherwin, he was the beneficiary a lot to Reynolds good work. he will be ok, but we are way better off looking at JAC or rapana.

Koirebete
No chance. He's on a million a year. Remember all the criticism last year at Raelene castle for this?

vuinavalu
Have I got my Fijians mixed up? Maybe he is the one I'm thinking of

Solomons kata
Conflicted.
In theory he is the strike centre Nasheed keeps asking for, yet at every club he's been at he can't hold down a first grade spot. So I dunno, maybe if he comes at a bargain?

nasheed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think there's better options in the NRL available rather than risking it with someone from outside the code on big money.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Someone on a Facebook bulldogs page messaged Curtis rona, and he said he would love to come back to the doggies

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s just take the best prospects and offer them deals, nothing to lose.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Yeah. Don't know about Rona. He's good don't get me wrong but there's this little thing going around the world nicknamed the Rona. Everyone's pretty scares from it. If Greenies still there later, he'll probs fine us for having someone with the last name of a pandemic.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is that the best union has? Wow no wonder that game is struggling to get by (not that nrl is any better). Atleast in the hay day unkion had umanga, carter, Bourke, larkam, eales, lomu, Wilkinson, mccaw, Gregan. And even side acts like sailor, lote, Rogers etc.

Huge fall from Grace. Back in the day the bledisloe was prime time viewing.

Bit sad for the game if korobeti and rona are considered their better players.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is that the best union has? Wow no wonder that game is struggling to get by (not that nrl is any better). Atleast in the hay day unkion had umanga, carter, Bourke, larkam, eales, lomu, Wilkinson, mccaw, Gregan. And even side acts like sailor, lote, Rogers etc.

Huge fall from Grace. Back in the day the bledisloe was prime time viewing.

Bit sad for the game if korobeti and rona are considered their better players.
And Raelene is at the helm - at least in Australia. Co-incidence?

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we would be better targeting nz rugby players if we were going to look for players there is not a heap of good players in aus rugby who would be up to nrl standard (including hooper etc who i dont think would have a position)

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
With Rugby Yawnion in Australia only a fanny hair away from folding we should be looking at the players over there who could make the transition to the greatest game of all.
These players have NRL experience:
Marika Koroibete
Solomona Kata
Tepai Moeroa
Karmichael Hunt
Wouldn't mind having Koroibete and Kata in the squad...
I don't watch rugby so not sure on actual rugby players who would be suitable for the transition across.
Every single player you mentioned are all dead wood, hence why they are playing Rugby no thanks will pass on all of them!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: yes , get the raid and spray this cockroach infested sport . It’s almost dead. The game
Is boring . Releane at it again. She is that toxic everything just dies.... like her hair ..... low blow

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Good time to have a sneaky crack at Semi Radradra again?
Why is this ?
He's rich in France. He's been out of the game 4 years.

we don't need wingers that much. It's the most useless position. Focus on halves, hookers and forwards

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is this ?
He's rich in France. He's been out of the game 4 years.

we don't need wingers that much. It's the most useless position. Focus on halves, hookers and forwards
Fair call.. but IF he was available surely you’d like a look in ?

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The one thing rugby has that league sorely misses even at the elite level is crisp passing to the forwards and the backlines, now whether that translates to league who knows but we always seem to have to slow sluggish looping passes. I long for hard running short crisp passes.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be thinking going Japanese if we look at rugby talent.
SA And Fijian players always revert back.
Japanese is untouched. And they are talented.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but with the soft cock management, they won't sign Rona because of the virus lol
Id only have him back if he wears no. 19