Opinion Time to go shopping

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't be a massive amount I would say. A club has to spend 95% of it's cap, meaning if we had cap to spend it could only be around $400k. We would also need to offload someone in the top 30 to make a spot. If you offload a player on minimum that takes you to around $500k available.
They have close to a million in the cap. If they do not release a player and bring someone in before June 30, they will frontload or topup a few contracts

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't be a massive amount I would say. A club has to spend 95% of it's cap, meaning if we had cap to spend it could only be around $400k. We would also need to offload someone in the top 30 to make a spot. If you offload a player on minimum that takes you to around $500k available.
Off load Montoya thinking ESL maybe there’s a good pommy center running round we could nab anyone know one?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They have close to a million in the cap. If they do not release a player and bring someone in before June 30, they will frontload or topup a few contracts
If they frontload (which in my opinion can be as dangerous as the opposite) I hope they do it for the right players and not some over hyped duds we end up releasing.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Off load Montoya thinking ESL maybe there’s a good pommy center running round we could nab anyone know one?
The club is going to have to think outside the box if they want to get us out of where we are, ESL might be a good option. I've looked at the off contract players list and there's not alot to choose from in 2019. I don't think bringing in someone like Xerri is the answer, he had a shocker just like Okenbur did today.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Offer Ofahengaue 500k
2. Offer 800k to Pangai Jnr
3. Offer Oates 600k
4. Offer Flegler 400k

Broncos would be able to keep two maybe three of them, take whoever they can't keep. Considering they will probably be on the lookout for another half soon they can't waste too much money on the their forwards and a winger. Also all are coming off contract at the end of this year.

5. Then make sure you sign either Robson or Brailey, both are available and our club need to get one of them.

6. Offer Enari Tuala a nice contract, super talented young centre from the Cowboys, the bloke will be a star, I've been banging on his drum in this forum a lot and hope someone in power at our club catches a hold of how good he is.

If we can snare Tuala, Robson, Ofahengaue and Oates we will be really exciting next year.

1. Meaney
2. Oates
3. Hopoate
4. Tuala
5. Smith
6. Foran/Cogger
7. Lewis
8. Napa
9. Robson
10. Ofahengaue
11. Martin
12. CHN
13. Jackson

14. Tolman
15. Ogden
16. Elliot
17. To'omaga

Thats a really strong and versatile forward pack and an exciting backline. Surprise surprise we are still weak at half especially when Foran gets injured again next year but we have no room to move there until he comes off our books and their is some quality in the market.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We gave des full control and had 1 decent year out of 6. Pay has had 1 year with his hands tied. His job is to develop talent atm, If there is no improvement on that front then by years end release him but it's not a pay problem. Last week everyone was on board now it's pays fault. Fmd I should share the pills I took when des was here.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We aren’t going to attract the players we need without paying overs! Example we had an offer to Munster and he went to the storm because of the ‘big three’. We just are going to have to endure some hard times and put our faith in a few of this squad who may kick on. We know Okonbur is rocks or diamonds and at times his hands can let him down. Lewis is going to be targeted by defences now being in his second season. We lost two of our best players in Napa and Foran. Our hooker is a make shift utility. We lack a real hit up merchant who can roll/set up our sets. These guys will learn that the great performance against the storm is ‘fish n chip’ paper and in this comp you have to back it up
I think your history is out of whack. We had a shot at Munster when he was still Slater’s backup and we needed a fullback. Unfortunately Cleal didn’t even call his manager back. That was around the same time we passed on Latrell Mitchell because we thought he was lazy.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After last nights game I barely read TK I was that speechless and gutted, it’s a hard loss to take!! And that’s an understatement.!

My great club crashing like this is bullshit it’s dire!.!

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Time to spend the ££££ and visit the coconut trees in Fiji

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club is going to have to think outside the box if they want to get us out of where we are, ESL might be a good option. I've looked at the off contract players list and there's not alot to choose from in 2019. I don't think bringing in someone like Xerri is the answer, he had a shocker just like Okenbur did today.
It pisses me off that the club haven't been exploring the ESL since Graham was signed. Especially considering how big a signing he was and he could have attracted fellow countrymen..

Look at the impact Hodgson, Whitehead and now Bateman and Sutton have had at Canberra? And now they'll probably sign George William's too...

It would be negligent for the club to not be more aggressive in scouting England, Rugby and the Pacific Nations considering how much talent is there..

The club can't solely rely on NRL or reserve grade/20's/Q Cup players. They need to leave no stone unturned.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes we are trying to go back to build and promote our juniors, which is all good in fantasyland, though we are years away from what we need

We have money in the cap and please dont say we dont. Take out that cheque book and do it the way Bullfrog did

We are in dire straits for a hooker, atleast one top class centre and 2 forwards.

This is not the way you build a team
How old are you like 6? This is how all the great dogs teams where created... buying juniors and developing them within the bulldog system our last premiership team in 04 all those players barring Patten and Ryan player junior football for the dogs brought in from other clubs....

When you have a young side you get performances like this where they get hammered, but a week earlier they outplay the 2nd premiership favourites and get pipped and a week before smash the tigers...

Let’s not forget Foran 1.1k and Napa 700k both out... Almost 20% of your cap right there the signs are great you just have to understand rugby league to see them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd target;

Mcinness as #1 target.
Pangai Jr.
And if Foran is busted a marquee half like Townsend.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How old are you like 6? This is how all the great dogs teams where created... buying juniors and developing them within the bulldog system our last premiership team in 04 all those players barring Patten and Ryan player junior football for the dogs brought in from other clubs....

When you have a young side you get performances like this where they get hammered, but a week earlier they outplay the 2nd premiership favourites and get pipped and a week before smash the tigers...

Let’s not forget Foran 1.1k and Napa 700k both out... Almost 20% of your cap right there the signs are great you just have to understand rugby league to see them.
Get off the rack habib