Opinion Time to give some back

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Ok Doggies.

29th May - Belmore Oval vs the Drag Queens.

I propose we have a celebration - called give it to the ref day.

I would like to see all the Kennellers there - plus add in any of your mates - and we spend the entire game telling the ref how fckng corrupt they are. No bottles - just an entire game of abuse.

After today - we were allowed to play for 30 mins and lose by 20. 18 of those came after probably the stupidest sin bin I've ever seen.

I'm over it - and I'm sure most of you guys are too. Time we let the NRL know (as Fox will telecast it) what we think. Happy to start working on some chants and if others want to join in - all good. We'll have a nice song book ready for the game.

Thoughts?

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s stop blaming the fucking refs and start playing some decent football.

Yes the JMK binning was dubious but as a whole our discipline is woeful week in week out. Our defence is leaky and our attack is non-existent.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I say we focus on our shit we are instead of focusing on the refs.

dumb thread

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
About we boo the dogs. Just boo the shit out of them. Deserve it all of them.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Yes the JMK binning was dubious but as a whole our discipline is woeful week in week out. Our defence is leaky and our attack is non-existent.
I don't think the JMK binning was dubious, he does it all the fukin time. Hang that arm in there as he's running back around the player to marker. He's just a fukwit and cost the team massively. It's the 6 agains that are deciding the games through fatigue and field position.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How about the Dogs sort their shit out and stop getting dominated in the ruck? All the penalties probably weren’t warranted but a hell of a lot were. We constantly lose in the physical contest which puts us on the back foot and we have to resort to pushing the boundaries and you have numbskulls like JMK thinking he’s Cameron Smith with subtle ways of conning the ref and gets caught 9 times out of 10.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I say we focus on our shit we are instead of focusing on the refs.

dumb thread
We had 3 six agains on the bunnies line. Nothing. JMK is held in the tackle by the runner and gets sent. The argument was he infringed somewhere else - when it was actually Pangai. The bunker is looking for every reason under the sun to disallow a dogs try, yet is looking for every reason to award a bunnies try.

Before JMK was sent, we had the edge. After we were towelled for 18 as good teams will do. You can see the players believe it. Effort dropped.

And the NRL have already said there is bias. Other coaches have called it out. I'm just asking for 50/50.

Dumb post.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suggest "6 again" banners to get the commentators talking about what they mean?
6 again dragons 6 again clap clap.

If we get over the line shout “Send it upstairs no try” clap clap.

Need to make a chant about Baz.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought our attack looked the best it has all year today, we created a fair bit when we were down there. I don't recall us having that much ball in their 20 either. But yes, discipline and soft defensive efforts are a big issue.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry but think as a team we need to look at ourselves.

Before that sinbin we had plenty of opportunities to put on some points. We didn't.

During the sin bin we should've been tighter defensively. We weren't.

As a team. As a club. We need to start accepting responsibility for our performances and stop blaming the ref.

We weren't good enough. Simple. Sin bin did little to change that imo

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Sorry but think as a team we need to look at ourselves.

Before that sinbin we had plenty of opportunities to put on some points. We didn't.

During the sin bin we should've been tighter defensively. We weren't.

As a team. As a club. We need to start accepting responsibility for our performances and stop blaming the ref.

We weren't good enough. Simple. Sin bin did little to change that imo
U sure you weren't watching the Maribor Bullets against the Novo Mesto Bulldogs in the Handball?

Sorry bro - couldn't help myself 8-)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
U sure you weren't watching the Maribor Bullets against the Novo Mesto Bulldogs in the Handball?

Sorry bro - couldn't help myself 8-)
Fuck Maribor. That'd be like supporting Melbourne mate. Haha