Opinion Time for the Club to advise the players who will not to be retained.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I won't be watching any more games after tonight. Not worth my health to be constantly worried and upset. I have better things to do with the remaining years I have left to me.

I'll check the scores to see if any new records are set, and get on with life.
Yeah I think I will give it a miss for awhile myself. I usually change the channel as soon as it gets ridiculous already but I don't think I will even bother tbh. I'll just keep up with the news and signing info until next year and see what's what in 2022.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I won't be watching any more games after tonight. Not worth my health to be constantly worried and upset. I have better things to do with the remaining years I have left to me.

It’s the same here Chris, I,ll wait til Luke comes home whenever that will be, and then I,ll ask him how he got on

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score

I don't blame you mate, if I wasn't a glutten for punishment I'd do the same. Seeing these players laughing with the opposition after the game has made me care a little less. You don't want this mob affecting your health.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you mate, if I wasn't a glutten for punishment I'd do the same. Seeing these players laughing with the opposition after the game has made me care a little less. You don't want this mob affecting your health.
I must admit that I'm not as bothered by our continuous stream of losses as I once would have been, but I still get frustrated when I see them do stupid actions, like holding down when they're near our line, when even I can see that all it will do is give them six again; or throw a pass to a player who has no chance of catching the ball; or fail to hold the ball when they run into the nearest defender; or do the same predictable kick on the fifth; or watch the flimsy defence that lets a close score blow out in minutes, so the game cannot be rescued.

Watching them do the same things over and over, when we all know that none of it works, is too frustrating at the time. Afterwards, I can forget about it, but it just makes me so angry while it is happening.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
ABC radio today were saying how disappointing it was to see so few fans turning up to cheer the Dogs on. I think the ABC is looking at the wrong end of the equation.
B2CEBC71-4C12-46D4-880B-0A8760ADC631.jpeg
It’s suckers like me who can’t stop turning up.
I can’t ever turn away, right or wrong.
But damn I miss full stadiums with that thunderous ‘BULLDOGS!’ chant. The lack of spirit everywhere is the most upsetting part for me.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the club should just let the players know who is gone next year. I also mean publicly, make it a presser and feed them to the sharks. Usually this would derail the season however I think we all know that it couldn't hurt us. Maybe, just maybe if the players know they are officially gone and looking for a contract they may just try even a little bit to earn their money. Demote whoever we can to reggies and give the kids a go. No need to piss in the fans pocket anymore.

Maybe it could generate some June 30 (knowing it's August now) transfers this year.
The writing is on the wall GrogDog !!!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have so many duds it's comical, we would do better if we put 8 or 9 guys on the field rather then some of these duds who are the biggest momentum killers

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
I must admit that I'm not as bothered by our continuous stream of losses as I once would have been, but I still get frustrated when I see them do stupid actions, like holding down when they're near our line, when even I can see that all it will do is give them six again; or throw a pass to a player who has no chance of catching the ball; or fail to hold the ball when they run into the nearest defender; or do the same predictable kick on the fifth; or watch the flimsy defence that lets a close score blow out in minutes, so the game cannot be rescued.

Watching them do the same things over and over, when we all know that none of it works, is too frustrating at the time. Afterwards, I can forget about it, but it just makes me so angry while it is happening.
Exact same feeling.
Sick of seeing school boy errors every game for the last few years. But I do think there's light at the end of the tunnel with the addition of classy new players & the riddance of the current deadwood for next year.
Bring on 2022.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the club should just let the players know who is gone next year. I also mean publicly, make it a presser and feed them to the sharks. Usually this would derail the season however I think we all know that it couldn't hurt us. Maybe, just maybe if the players know they are officially gone and looking for a contract they may just try even a little bit to earn their money. Demote whoever we can to reggies and give the kids a go. No need to piss in the fans pocket anymore.

Maybe it could generate some June 30 (knowing it's August now) transfers this year.
I don’t think they should right now if they find out there getting let go by the end of the year they will play even shitter knowing no matter what they do they won’t get a contract again

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 23745
It’s suckers like me who can’t stop turning up.
I can’t ever turn away, right or wrong.
But damn I miss full stadiums with that thunderous ‘BULLDOGS!’ chant. The lack of spirit everywhere is the most upsetting part for me.
I’ll keep turning up no matter what,good or bad
Bit disappointing to see more Parra supporters at our home game yesterday.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club folded tomorrow, I'm not sure I'd be too upset.
Our club has been damaged both by inside as well as outside forces, sure our team is playing badly at present but most commentators are continually riding our opponents irrespective of who they are, this can only hurt both our club's and fan's moral further, its an obsession with some callers.
IMHO, the new rule changes is partly the cause of our current predicament, I thought that we bought reasonable well for this season, and I'm certain we would be much more competitive playing 2020 rules.
Instead of folding our club should just drop out and join the AFL or A League, I think our club is big enough to be able to compete in either of their elite competitions.
HOW O HOW I would like to give the NRL and their Masters a BLOODY NOSE.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This should be left in the players lockers who are getting the boot.

download.jpg

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

So a lot of that is on the coaching staff.

Round 20 2016 is when the wheels fell off this team and no one has been able to right the ship since.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont have the need to name and shame the players in this way myself. I dont see the point. Never seen another club do it either

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My thoughts will be to let Tbaz and Co handle the matter in house.. lets not parade our selves in the media. They do enough damage and speculation. The lack of communication to the outside the better.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t mind that idea cause if u are a player being moved on you will have a go to earn a contract else where plus we can win some more games some these players have been here for a couple years now and don’t have a go