Opinion Time for everyone to calm down?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great balanced post. All the logic says this lot will stay in at the EGM, then be judged at the scheduled vote next year based on what happens on the field between now and then.

I hope they survive for longer myself, only cause I want the on-field success next year that would save them, but if we fail next year they'll be in trouble if a decent alternative ticket shows up. Best to be positive unless things do go bad, but for me everything depends on whether the silly season lands us the quality hooker, half, fullback and dominant prop we need to compete (at least the first 2).

MirandaDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Firstly thanks for taking time to fill us in,I’m sure we’re all grateful,for the insight,but one point I disagree with u,is that dib had the clubs best interest at heart,in business u must always have a plan b in case plan a doesn’t come fruition in regards to salary cap,and along with raelene castle,signed of on all the backended contracts,
But I don’t think his intent was malicious
Good Post.

Agree with most except for the Northern Rivers paragraph.

I have lived in Northern NSW since 1985 and I can assure you that the vast majority of residents are many generational anglo australians.
I don't have a problem with people of middle eastern or european backgrounds but is not really the case.

The number one winter sport has always been Rugby League. The biggest opposition the sport has is from the Victorians who move to the area and push the AFL barrier.
no I meant in the traditional Canterbury Bankstown district

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly let me say, I am a first timer but I have watched from the sidelines for a long time.

I am a voting member of the Football Club.

Here are my observations

The majority of posters here are not representative of the views of the footy club. The footy club has about 1000 members of which, I estimate 50% are over 55 years old (based on looking around the room at the AGM’s).
Of those (say) 500, I estimate that maybe 10 look at this site.

So that’s 500 votes that aren’t swayed by public opinion here and are also staunchly loyal to maintaining the status quo, because once you’re over that certain age, you like things as they are.

In saying that, the moves a few years ago to oust Dib were probably warranted after his increase salary cap fiasco failed. I don’t think he can be blamed entirely because It appears Todd gave Des free rein.
I don’t think he was such a bad Chairman, just took a gamble and lost. I believe that he had the interests of the Club in mind.

Similarly, McIntyre gambled and lost. After the cap scandal, poor old Gary would get up at every AGM to try and explain what happened with Oasis. It got so tedious that Dr George would shut him down. He still carries on about it on Talkin Sport. He’s like the Keyser Trad of the Dogs....the go to guy for controversy.

George also I believe had the best interests in mind but also got caught up in the Des drama as well as the 3 year car park build at the League Club, but fled the scene pretty quickly when his tenure was up. Don’t know why.

So the Anderson’s got swept into power but had said at their forums that they believed there was cap dramas but they were unaware of the extent.

When they arrived, they made no bones advising that the drama was much worse than they believed ( without having access to the books), and stated that there were a number of backended contracts that needed to be sorted.
What did they do, moved on the world beater Mbye (who is still trying to find his best position), Reynolds and Woods. Soon after best friend Klemmer spat the dummy and left.
No loss any of them.
At the subsequent fan forums, they advised that they aligned with the Northern Rivers district and had invested heavily in the local leagues. But what is always forgotten or never mentioned, is that the local area is predominantly(?) relatively from a Middle Eastern or European background and league is a foreign sport. Your parents influence the game you play and league is probably not the no.1 sport of choice. Why we haven’t targeted the Pacific countries like everyone else is beyond me.

The NRL rules are that you must have 30 registered players with a total spend of $9.6M (forgive me if that number is wrong). Because of the salary cap issues, it seems we had to sign players who were cheap enough to keep us under that figure. Hence the bad results over the last few years.

It was claimed that improvement would not be seen until 2021.

So where are we now.

A board that has done some good things with some failures but re-elected just 7 months ago when they weren’t challenged. It cannot be challenged that the 9 pillars have not been met.
They have signed Cotric (who on his own will not make any difference), Green and Waddell. They have released 9 players so there are still 6 spots to go. Nov 1 is not far away.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not convinced on this board yet either and they have just a few weeks to do something really worthwhile. If they fail to get any decent players, then I think the current motion would get traction.

So we have the faceless who have weighed in. A few weeks ago they claimed to have had 400 signatures to force an EGM. Now that number is 116. Led by the famous YouTuber John K. Telling all and sundry that the minor sponsors are annoyed that the major sponsor wants a say in how well his sponsorship dollars get spent. In the same way that minor members are annoyed that the major players have the say in the running of the place. Doesn’t make sense. (Don’t start on the freebies, everyone knows that there will be payment dates on normal commercial terms and If Laundy wants to get his hands dirty what’s the problem).

Their platform has been...don’t know. Who are they wanting on the Board...don’t know. Who is behind the push...Don’t know.

Presumably Coorey is behind it after the revelations of his indiscretions were announced to the SMH. you can probably guess who was behind that revelation.

Since that original SMH article, the gloves have been off on both sides.

All the while this is damaging further the brand.

What is the motive?
Maybe it’s good old fashioned revenge.

Anyway that’s my take. I believe the membership will give the current lot until 2021 to get it right. I believe that the current motion will fail, mostly because they are offering no alternative.
I think that there will be significant signings after Nov 1 and when TB and his clan arrive things will calm down.

Maybe I’ve misread the room but there is certainly too many power plays going on and the media know exactly who to call. This latest article by the SMH proves that.
Well said Miranda and very informed insights ...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It seems to me that a lot of people (board members) do not understand the purpose of a board of directors.
It is not their duty to get involved in the day to day running of the business.
There sole duty is to make policy, and to have their managers implement such policy.
By sticking their beaks into the day to day running of a business is non productive and must stop.

MirandaDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It seems to me that a lot of people (board members) do not understand the purpose of a board of directors.
It is not their duty to get involved in the day to day running of the business.
There sole duty is to make policy, and to have their managers implement such policy.
By sticking their beaks into the day to day running of a business is non productive and must stop.
Yes you are right. The only day to day job they have is appointing the CEO.

Raging Bull

Waterboy
Reaction score
Miranda Dog made some excellent and also posed the question about the motives of those behind the EGM notice.

After reading a number of threads and speaking with some well-placed people, here's my (semi) educated guess:

1. John Kara-parachute did some doorknocking for Lynne pre-2018 elections. After the elections he pushed to become a Football Club nominee to the League Club Board. That was knocked back.
  2. As a make-good he was invited to put something up for consideration for his contribution. He put forward some crazy proposal to look after member engagement at $100K + to work 2-3 days a week. It was rejected on the basis of cost, so he becomes Lynne's enemy no.1 (or somewhere in the top 6 of the batting order).
  3. Kara-parachute does more doorknocking, this time to get the numbers for the EGM, selling a story that the current Board has failed and it's time for change, but not declaring his backstory or true motive. But why only Lynne Anderson, John Ballesty and Paul Dunn? Well, he blames Lynne for blocking his path to the League Club Board, so straight up revenge. And Ballesty and Dunn just happen to be the only two football club directors who are also league club directors, so there's potentially two spots becoming available for the job he really wants. The other directors remain because they're seen as no threat to the plan, and it helps sell a stability story.
  4. By coincidence, the push for the EGM signed by Kara-parachute comes shortly after all League Club directors bar Coorey vote to remove him as Chair while serious claims of sexual harassment against him are investigated. So there's a willing ally in Coorey who also has reason to skewer Ballesty and Dunn, and of course he hates Lynne.
  5. In a show of remarkable fuckwittedness, Kara-parachute boy offers to open the door to show the Laundy's out, claiming to have dozens of sponsors ready to back the truck up and unload wads of millions at the gates of Belmore. But has he ever presented a sponsorship proposal to the Club? Nah, didn't think so. So why does he want to f#%k the Laundy's off.? Because he knows they want in for the long term, which potentially reduces the number of available board spots into the future for parachute boy and his mates.
  6. Kara-parachute, Coorey and co (including McIntyre who, while deluded, just loves the attention) know that the current Board and exec will do anything to avoid an EGM that would shitcan season 2021, so that's the weapon used to split the board and start the takeover.
  7. If Kara-parachute does manage to weasel his way onto the League Club board (in return for 'saving' the club from the current regime), guess what... he can help bury any further investigation into allegations against Coorey.
So there it is. Anyone got any better theories.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Miranda Dog made some excellent and also posed the question about the motives of those behind the EGM notice.

After reading a number of threads and speaking with some well-placed people, here's my (semi) educated guess:

1. John Kara-parachute did some doorknocking for Lynne pre-2018 elections. After the elections he pushed to become a Football Club nominee to the League Club Board. That was knocked back.
  2. As a make-good he was invited to put something up for consideration for his contribution. He put forward some crazy proposal to look after member engagement at $100K + to work 2-3 days a week. It was rejected on the basis of cost, so he becomes Lynne's enemy no.1 (or somewhere in the top 6 of the batting order).
  3. Kara-parachute does more doorknocking, this time to get the numbers for the EGM, selling a story that the current Board has failed and it's time for change, but not declaring his backstory or true motive. But why only Lynne Anderson, John Ballesty and Paul Dunn? Well, he blames Lynne for blocking his path to the League Club Board, so straight up revenge. And Ballesty and Dunn just happen to be the only two football club directors who are also league club directors, so there's potentially two spots becoming available for the job he really wants. The other directors remain because they're seen as no threat to the plan, and it helps sell a stability story.
  4. By coincidence, the push for the EGM signed by Kara-parachute comes shortly after all League Club directors bar Coorey vote to remove him as Chair while serious claims of sexual harassment against him are investigated. So there's a willing ally in Coorey who also has reason to skewer Ballesty and Dunn, and of course he hates Lynne.
  5. In a show of remarkable fuckwittedness, Kara-parachute boy offers to open the door to show the Laundy's out, claiming to have dozens of sponsors ready to back the truck up and unload wads of millions at the gates of Belmore. But has he ever presented a sponsorship proposal to the Club? Nah, didn't think so. So why does he want to f#%k the Laundy's off.? Because he knows they want in for the long term, which potentially reduces the number of available board spots into the future for parachute boy and his mates.
  6. Kara-parachute, Coorey and co (including McIntyre who, while deluded, just loves the attention) know that the current Board and exec will do anything to avoid an EGM that would shitcan season 2021, so that's the weapon used to split the board and start the takeover.
  7. If Kara-parachute does manage to weasel his way onto the League Club board (in return for 'saving' the club from the current regime), guess what... he can help bury any further investigation into allegations against Coorey.
So there it is. Anyone got any better theories.
Boom! All the jigsaw pieces fit.
So all that needs to happen if the stupid EGM proceeds is for the majority of the voting members to know the real motives for calling it and put down the mutiny. I think enough of us on here know enough members who wouldn’t be on TK to inform them. That said, as @MirandaDog said (and I agree) - many of them wouldn’t vote for change for the sake of change anyway.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Kara-parachute did some doorknocking for Lynne pre-2018 elections. After the elections he pushed to become a Football Club nominee to the League Club Board. That was knocked back.
Always thought Dunn was a target because of him being on the Leagues Club board, and after Coorey was moved out of the Chair. Your educated theory sounds feasible. There's also some media types in the plot, loving getting their greasy hands on dirt from the stirrers. No discrimination either. SMH and Murdoch troughs both getting nicely filled, plus making their own shit up (eg Lynn etc stepping down last week).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly let me say, I am a first timer but I have watched from the sidelines for a long time.

I am a voting member of the Football Club.

Here are my observations

The majority of posters here are not representative of the views of the footy club. The footy club has about 1000 members of which, I estimate 50% are over 55 years old (based on looking around the room at the AGM’s).
Of those (say) 500, I estimate that maybe 10 look at this site.

So that’s 500 votes that aren’t swayed by public opinion here and are also staunchly loyal to maintaining the status quo, because once you’re over that certain age, you like things as they are.

In saying that, the moves a few years ago to oust Dib were probably warranted after his increase salary cap fiasco failed. I don’t think he can be blamed entirely because It appears Todd gave Des free rein.
I don’t think he was such a bad Chairman, just took a gamble and lost. I believe that he had the interests of the Club in mind.

Similarly, McIntyre gambled and lost. After the cap scandal, poor old Gary would get up at every AGM to try and explain what happened with Oasis. It got so tedious that Dr George would shut him down. He still carries on about it on Talkin Sport. He’s like the Keyser Trad of the Dogs....the go to guy for controversy.

George also I believe had the best interests in mind but also got caught up in the Des drama as well as the 3 year car park build at the League Club, but fled the scene pretty quickly when his tenure was up. Don’t know why.

So the Anderson’s got swept into power but had said at their forums that they believed there was cap dramas but they were unaware of the extent.

When they arrived, they made no bones advising that the drama was much worse than they believed ( without having access to the books), and stated that there were a number of backended contracts that needed to be sorted.
What did they do, moved on the world beater Mbye (who is still trying to find his best position), Reynolds and Woods. Soon after best friend Klemmer spat the dummy and left.
No loss any of them.
At the subsequent fan forums, they advised that they aligned with the Northern Rivers district and had invested heavily in the local leagues. But what is always forgotten or never mentioned, is that the local area is predominantly(?) relatively from a Middle Eastern or European background and league is a foreign sport. Your parents influence the game you play and league is probably not the no.1 sport of choice. Why we haven’t targeted the Pacific countries like everyone else is beyond me.

The NRL rules are that you must have 30 registered players with a total spend of $9.6M (forgive me if that number is wrong). Because of the salary cap issues, it seems we had to sign players who were cheap enough to keep us under that figure. Hence the bad results over the last few years.

It was claimed that improvement would not be seen until 2021.

So where are we now.

A board that has done some good things with some failures but re-elected just 7 months ago when they weren’t challenged. It cannot be challenged that the 9 pillars have not been met.
They have signed Cotric (who on his own will not make any difference), Green and Waddell. They have released 9 players so there are still 6 spots to go. Nov 1 is not far away.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not convinced on this board yet either and they have just a few weeks to do something really worthwhile. If they fail to get any decent players, then I think the current motion would get traction.

So we have the faceless who have weighed in. A few weeks ago they claimed to have had 400 signatures to force an EGM. Now that number is 116. Led by the famous YouTuber John K. Telling all and sundry that the minor sponsors are annoyed that the major sponsor wants a say in how well his sponsorship dollars get spent. In the same way that minor members are annoyed that the major players have the say in the running of the place. Doesn’t make sense. (Don’t start on the freebies, everyone knows that there will be payment dates on normal commercial terms and If Laundy wants to get his hands dirty what’s the problem).

Their platform has been...don’t know. Who are they wanting on the Board...don’t know. Who is behind the push...Don’t know.

Presumably Coorey is behind it after the revelations of his indiscretions were announced to the SMH. you can probably guess who was behind that revelation.

Since that original SMH article, the gloves have been off on both sides.

All the while this is damaging further the brand.

What is the motive?
Maybe it’s good old fashioned revenge.

Anyway that’s my take. I believe the membership will give the current lot until 2021 to get it right. I believe that the current motion will fail, mostly because they are offering no alternative.
I think that there will be significant signings after Nov 1 and when TB and his clan arrive things will calm down.

Maybe I’ve misread the room but there is certainly too many power plays going on and the media know exactly who to call. This latest article by the SMH proves that.
Excellent post and welcome to the Kennel. However, I don’t wish to calm down I prefer to maintain the rage.

I like to let it wash over me and consume my every thought ..I think we should throw a supporters BBQ and a bonfire inviting Mr Coorey Mr Parachute and co to explain their fantastic plan...

Raging Bull

Waterboy
Reaction score
Always thought Dunn was a target because of him being on the Leagues Club board, and after Coorey was moved out of the Chair. Your educated theory sounds feasible. There's also some media types in the plot, loving getting their greasy hands on dirt from the stirrers. No discrimination either. SMH and Murdoch troughs both getting nicely filled, plus making their own shit up (eg Lynn etc stepping down last week).
Exactly. And Rothfield didn't even acknowledge he'd gone off early... he just updated the story and pretended he hadn't been burned by whoever is feeding him. Hopefully even he will think twice next time before hitting go on bad intel.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha, nah I was actually thinking somewhere with footy tradition like the footy stadium construction site at Moore Park.
I like it. Bigger bonfire and being next door to RLC, we can invite Messrs Abdo and V’Landys to let them know everything is under control at Belmore...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a voting member I won’t be swayed by newspaper articles, people on here or anything else.

i’ll weigh up the good vs the bad, the merits of anyone putting themselves up for election and make up my own mind.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As a voting member I won’t be swayed by newspaper articles, people on here or anything else.

i’ll weigh up the good vs the bad, the merits of anyone putting themselves up for election and make up my own mind.
Absolutely, but this kind of proves the madness. All this petition/EGM requests is the removal of 3 directors of the footy club and even if that happened the remaining 4 directors would appoint replacements, just as when Chris Anderson and Steve Price resigned from the board in 2019. So as I see it, the only vote for members would be whether to agree to remove the 3, not who replaces them.