Time for a new flag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep it unless they want to put steve mortimersface in place of the union jack then im all for it

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Replace the union jack with our Bulldogs logo and I'm all for it. That way through the Bulldog we keep our ties with the past while looking to the future.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should replace the union jack with something from Aboriginal culture.... or just stick a ****ing Kangaroo there instead. Either way we need to remove the Union Jack.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any one of these would do!!!

This would be my pick.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Errr those look terrible (as does every other design I've seen toosed up in the last 20 years plus.

Time for a new toupee Ray?

Same thing is raised EVERY year, and my reply is the same.

It would be change for changes sake, whilst wiping out some of our history and ancestry. Leave the thing alone. It's not hurting anyone, and is a symbol of pride.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Errr those look terrible (as does every other design I've seen toosed up in the last 20 years plus.

Time for a new toupee Ray?

Same thing is raised EVERY year, and my reply is the same.

It would be change for changes sake, whilst wiping out some of our history and ancestry. Leave the thing alone. It's not hurting anyone, and is a symbol of pride.
Hello we have a Monarchist in our fold. John Howard would be proud. :p

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the kangaroo is a piece of crap, just do colours like a normal country ffs

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still confuse kiwi flag with aussie flag and vice versa

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the kangaroo is a piece of crap, just do colours like a normal country ffs
Thread: Skippy!!!

11-02-08, 01:28 AM #1
Rodzilla

Skippy!!!
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=DCHY6n907OE

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=FC7bz0...eature=related

omg, how cool was skippy the bush kangaroo?

he was real handy to have around, because everytime you got into trouble he would be there to help you like a true friend

but recently ive seen that lame dog get all the attention

im talking about lassie, that punk ass showpony

what did he ever do?, look at this video please, he just sits there and looks pretty and does absolutely nothing

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=l457Eg...eature=related

they even brought out a movie for lassie, what were they thinking

i reckon skippy would have kicked Lassie's butt if they ever faced off

anyways, lets stay on topic, this thread is about skippy and how great he was
nobody likes skippy?

you bunch of Lassie lovin mothaFers
Really Rod!!! Sound Familiar? BTW I like Skippy use to watch it every day. :grinning: And I could not stand Lassie!!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would prefer that we change to a government that isn't trying to shit on the less fortunate in this country by selling off national assets like hospitals we paid to build with our taxes. We will pay more for medical bills if hospitals are run by businesses who's aim is to make profit. Or selling electricity stations for the yearly profit margins these companies make. Under what business model does this make sense? The flag is pretty pointless if the country is under foreign ownership. Changing the flag is not an issue when so much else is wrong in this country right now.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would prefer that we change to a government that isn't trying to shit on the less fortunate in this country by selling off national assets like hospitals we paid to build with our taxes. We will pay more for medical bills if hospitals are run by businesses who's aim is to make profit. Or selling electricity stations for the yearly profit margins these companies make. Under what business model does this make sense? The flag is pretty pointless if the country is under foreign ownership. Changing the flag is not an issue when so much else is wrong in this country right now.
This^

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Thread: Skippy!!!

11-02-08, 01:28 AM #1
Rodzilla

Really Rod!!! Sound Familiar? BTW I like Skippy use to watch it every day. :grinning: And I could not stand Lassie!!!
ffs ive been exposed as a flip flopper:(, skippy was incredible though and yes he would have destroyed the lassie

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Different governments.
The flag and whether we become a republic are federal issues.
Hospitals and power are state issues.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't see what's wrong with our flag, how many people have lived under the flag, how many have died for that flag! Yes the aboriginals were here first but most countries were colonised by another nation, the Union Jack represents our past the southern cross is ours and our future! If your not proud to live under that flag then I ask why not?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I really don't see what's wrong with our flag, how many people have lived under the flag, how many have died for that flag! Yes the aboriginals were here first but most countries were colonised by another nation, the Union Jack represents our past the southern cross is ours and our future! If your not proud to live under that flag then I ask why not?
I'm very torn on it all ... On one hand, your points are excellent and represent many of the exact values we should embrace. People have died for it. That should never be forgotten. Anyone who lost their life in any attempt to secure the future of our nation during conflict, deserves remembrance.

On the other hand, I'm not comfortable with the symbolic aspects ... To some of our esteemed elders, "White colonial arrivals" (a mere 225 years ago) represents the systematic destruction of Aboriginal life that pre-existed it. It's a view point they're entitled to and I respect it very much.

We have much to learn from our Aboriginal elders, and when 'white arrivals' first got here many horrible mistakes were made. If we're gonna be honest, many atrocities too.

To finalise my points : Speaking as a 4th generation white-Anglo Aussie, with roots dating back to convicts and WW2 war-servicemen ... A union jack on our flag, is symbolic of our collective mistakes.

However, I like the fact the current Aussie flag was designed by a 14yo boy in 1901 as the winner of a contest, and after 110+ years I'd kind of hate to see that disappear too.

So you see ... I'm torn.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There comes a time in every child's life when they need to sever the umbilical chord and learn to stand on their own!!! When it comes to the Monarchy? What have they done for us lately??? Other than cost us a portion of our taxes on a yearly basis and free all expenses paid trips down under when ever they feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.