Tigers Reynolds takes swipe at Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh needs to give himself a media ban and worry about his footy constantly does these lame cliche athon interviews

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh needs to give himself a media ban and worry about his footy constantly does these lame cliche athon interviews
Don't be too hard on him. He has to generate interest in the tigers so they can get some of it back through merch and tickets. The more he talks the more they are in the news. I mean really do you want to hear from Esan Marsters or Kevin Naquama? It's only Josh and Benji.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's at the tigers now. Needs to forgot about the bulldogs and how hard done by he was (according to him).

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know some coaches use head games for various reasons with certain players at times. But most don't overdo it because uncertainty fucks with most people's heads and that's not good for an athletes preparation. Might be different for a young guy that you want to fight for everything, but treating SOO reps that way is poor judgement. Can't be good for execution on game day when you treat halves like that. Pay will just make decisions and tell it straight.

Surprised Reynolds said he needed competition for spots to go out and perform his best for the club he was supposedly so crazy about. Good luck to him - a good bloke but even better when he doesn't talk.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/tigers/news-story/8fd86f4bec742559572bcd869b994726

The quote below demonstrates perfectly (by a player's own admission) why Des was such a moron for not dropping underperforming players.

He admitted that towards the end of his tenure at the Dogs, he wasn’t feeling pushed by other players in the squad and it led to him resting on his laurels. “I’ve been in the situation before where there’s been three of us going for two positions,” he said.

“For myself, I thought it brought out some really good things for me. You’re always in competition, that’s just footy.

“I honestly think that at the back end of my career at the Dogs, because I was playing week-in and week-out, you start thinking ‘I’m going to be sweet’.”

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasn't taking a swipe at the club
In reality it was against Hasler
Therefore it's in favour of the club !!!
If Hasler takes on our club in court the lawyers must call some of the players to give evidence against Des, both Lichea and now Grub have at last spoken up and many other players would have similar opinions to both Lichea @ Reynolds.
Their evidence would prove that Hasler was sacked because he was damaging our club and probably doing it deliberately.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Reynolds is not responsible for the headline they stick on the story. He didn’t trash the club at all. How dense are you to not pick up on that?

Reynolds was a true bulldog and you sir, are a douche!
Bite me you bellend

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
lets boo him when we vs tigers this year
hate flags everywhere and boo his every touch!

#rubbishjournos

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not really "Reynolds takes a swipe at the dogs", it's "Reynolds can finally take a swipe at Des"

That's all he's doing, attacking the way Des handled the halves.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasn't taking a swipe at the club
In reality it was against Hasler
Therefore it's in favour of the club !!!
100% spot on. He talked about Des' selection mind games. Nothing directed at Canterbury the club. Even now that we are rid of Des the journos are still using him to throw more mud at the club. How do these morons keep their jobs.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know some coaches use head games for various reasons with certain players at times. But most don't overdo it because uncertainty fucks with most people's heads and that's not good for an athletes preparation. Might be different for a young guy that you want to fight for everything, but treating SOO reps that way is poor judgement. Can't be good for execution on game day when you treat halves like that. Pay will just make decisions and tell it straight.

Surprised Reynolds said he needed competition for spots to go out and perform his best for the club he was supposedly so crazy about. Good luck to him - a good bloke but even better when he doesn't talk.
Just wanting to appear to say the right thing about the halves competition given their is also plenty at the Tigers.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of all the things to take a swipe at Des ir the dogs if he hadn’t kept sticking his leg out and getting suspended his position wouldn’t have been challenged cause no one would have had a chance the way Des picked and sticked

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He singlehandedly killed the club chance of winning a competition during that period. If he was a half competent 5/8 des wouldn't of had to build the forwards based attacking structure.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Tigers paid what - $800k for this guy?

Wait till he has his brain snaps (when he does actually play as he is injured most of the time) and then we will see what a dud signing this was.

Brooks + Reynolds - LOL. Brooks is the new Ben Roberts and Reynolds is a perennial dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.