Tigers Reynolds takes swipe at Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/tigers/news-story/8fd86f4bec742559572bcd869b994726

Josh Reynolds takes aim at Dogs over handling of halves puzzle

NEW Wests Tigers playmaker Josh Reynolds has taken a swipe at his former NRL club Canterbury, suggesting they mishandled their halves puzzle. Reynolds is in familiar territory at the Tigers with fellow recruit Benji Marshall promising to put pressure on him and Luke Brooks for the starting No. 6 and No. 7 spots ahead of the 2018 NRL season.

At one point during his time at Belmore under then coach Des Hasler, Reynolds was vying with Moses Mbye and Trent Hodkinson for two positions.

The 28-year-old was at pains to point out he welcomed the pressure that comes with three players fighting it out for two spots.

However, he said the uncertainty over whether he was starting or not at times played with his head at the Bulldogs.

It was rumoured that Hasler was at times ultra-secretive to the point of not revealing to his halves where they stood in the pecking order and they spent the week at training not knowing whether they would run on.

Asked if the uncertainty about their positions created friction within the Bulldogs playing group and messed with their heads, Reynolds said: “I think there’s a way to do it.

“If they’re on the front foot and let you know early, you can get your head around it.

“It’s just the timing of it — you’ve got to be ready for a game and know when you’re going in and what you’re playing.”

He said pressure was a welcome force as long as the coach was transparent about it.

“If you’re going out there and doing your job but you could be better every week, then there’s someone underneath you playing good footy, it keeps you on your toes,” he said.

“Because who am I? I’m just another person. I can be taken over any day.”

Reynolds is expected to get first crack at the five-eighth jumper alongside Brooks while favourite son Marshall has been brought in by coach Ivan Cleary to add depth.

He admitted that towards the end of his tenure at the Dogs, he wasn’t feeling pushed by other players in the squad and it led to him resting on his laurels. “I’ve been in the situation before where there’s been three of us going for two positions,” he said.

“For myself, I thought it brought out some really good things for me. You’re always in competition, that’s just footy.

“I honestly think that at the back end of my career at the Dogs, because I was playing week-in and week-out, you start thinking ‘I’m going to be sweet’.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Clutching at straws much...

Reynolds says it as it was and apparently he's taking a swipe at the club.
Imagine if he was brutally honest and said what we're all thinking about Des!

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Reynolds the cat was shithouse and will stay shithouse , call out des fuckwit , go and trip Benji already

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reynolds the cat was shithouse and will stay shithouse , call out des fuckwit , go and trip Benji already
Reynolds is not responsible for the headline they stick on the story. He didn’t trash the club at all. How dense are you to not pick up on that?

Reynolds was a true bulldog and you sir, are a douche!

Last edited:

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who tops the vital “cutout passes into the crowd” statistic at the Tigers next year, both Benji and Reynolds are both very proficient in this discipline.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shit article. Reynolds made a good point. These athletes are competitive by nature. The ones who get secure go into a shell ans dont push themselves.

Ita easy for greats like JT and Smith to get pushing themselves, they are looking for Dally M awards and potential immortalship.

But for a mid tier player. If they dont have that motivation, their game suffers

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Then imagine of Reynolds for this article on new.com.au — wow the bloke looks like he has let himself go

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"My cats breath smells like cat food."

Reactions: DT

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol , this is the real headline for the article

"Tiger Reynolds takes swipe at Des"