WWOS MOLE Tigers considering Foran to replace Benji

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grand old man of NRL playmakers at 35, Marshall seems set to finish his career in England next year.

Although currently not in the Tigers' top side with coach Michael Maguire going with the Luke Brooks-Josh Reynolds combination, Marshall gives the Tigers great experience and will be a big loss.

It is for that reason the Tigers are considering making a play for Foran, who turns 30 next month and is off contract.

The former Kiwi Test star had a couple of lean seasons due to injury prior to this year and at one stage, the Bulldogs were even looking at retiring him on medical grounds.

Kieran Foran. (AAP)
But in the four rounds since the enforced COVID break, Foran has looked keen and hungry again and has regained his mojo.

He almost inspired the Bulldogs to an upset win over the Sharks last night and was the Bulldogs' most dangerous player in attack.

The Bulldogs are currently going through a rebuilding phase and will wait until later in the season before deciding if they want to retain the talented halfback.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/benji-...7fc5-479a-b609-2583491e1ce3?ocid=Social-NRLFS

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sounds like a shit idea, Tigers should do it.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For around a million a year, take him with a bow and a ribbon for good measure.

He'll keep grub great company in rehab

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's been invisible in attack the last two games. The club shouldn't even entertain re-signing him.

If another club showed interest in paying a portion of the rest of his salary this year and we got a young half or hooker in return, then I'd be all for moving him on this season.

If the Tigers want him, pay 200k of his salary this year and give us Billy Walters. Win/Win for both teams.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is it with Tigpies and overpaying Dogs halves lately?

I'd prefer Foran to stick around but on a lot less. Hopefully he decides he wants to do that, he wouldn't be playing for breadsticks after all, and he got big pay for not a lot of time on the park ovr the last three seasons, but if we offer him $400k a season and Tigpies offer him $800k, I guess we'll know what Foran is really about based on his decision.

With Thompson arriving soon, Hoppa and Elliott in top form, Averillo providing genuine promise for the future, one gets the sense that we only need one or two more of the right things to fall into place and things will be humming again. Can't help but feel that these two things are coach and dummy half.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn’t have much to work with at the moment and still looks likely when he takes on the line. As much as he has let us down with his injuries over the years his experience is invaluable.. something we are lacking in our young squad at the moment. If he stays reasonably fit for the rest of the year I think we need to retain him on a smaller contract.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Isn't Brooks old enough and experienced enough to steer the ship himself?

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need to resign him 100% our team lacks experience. If was at another club now coming ff contract we would be looking at him as a recruit. For the right price its no Brainer.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the pre game interview Foran “wants”to involve himself more in the attack. I’m pretty sure he is holding back to protect his body. We all know what he is capable of and needs to be involved more but I understand why he is taking a step back.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A player with a million dollar price tag, especially a million dollar half would have
Got repeat sets or kicked high balls for competing backs to challenge but we have a half that cant do any of that , so its the same shit every week play the set out kick it deep with no pressure on the fullback, dumbest canterbury side ever.
Cant fault application in defence most weeks, but have no nfi in attack.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
After games like last night and his injury record you think you don't care where he ends up next year but it's not that simple.

We need some experience in our halves and if it's not Foran then who will it be?

We can't go into next year using Lewis, Wakeham and Averillo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
After games like last night and his injury record you think you don't care where he ends up next year but it's not that simple.

We need some experience in our halves and if it's not Foran then who will it be?

We can't go into next year using Lewis, Wakeham and Averillo.
I mean the Jackson Hastings rumour won't go away..

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He almost inspired the Bulldogs to an upset win over the Sharks last night and was the Bulldogs' most dangerous player in attack.

WTF.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tigers dropped Benji so Brooks would play more like a 7. They want Brooks to be the main guy. Anyways, I think we offer Foran a fair amount, ~400k, but if he receives higher offers from other clubs, I think we've learnt our lesson and we bite he bullet and let him go elsewhere. I'm not confident in our current halves for next year without Foran so we'll have to somehow replace him with an experienced half and this is where it gets tricky.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dunno if he’s the answer but they do need some experience in the halves of Foran goes. It couldn’t hurt even if he stays.
I just want a proper hooker, coach and coaching staff lol. I'd take an inexperienced halves pairing for a season if we got that and a few other signings as there just isn't much available in the halves right now.

Like you I'm not sure about Hastings, defenitely had ability when he started here but never kicked on but by all reports has done well in England. Still very young and should be approaching his prime...also noticed him talking up Wayne the other day and how players want to play for him..Wayne to dogs is the rumour...Hastings to dogs is another..? Lol

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the Tigpies take Napa too .. I will drive them both over to Concord ..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just want a proper hooker, coach and coaching staff lol. I'd take an inexperienced halves pairing for a season if we got that and a few other signings as there just isn't much available in the halves right now.

Like you I'm not sure about Hastings, defenitely had ability when he started here but never kicked on but by all reports has done well in England. Still very young and should be approaching his prime...also noticed him talking up Wayne the other day and how players want to play for him..Wayne to dogs is the rumour...Hastings to dogs is another..? Lol
Hooker is the number one problem but I just don’t know where the solution is coming from. I’d be more comfortable with a inexperienced halves if we had a decent hooker too.

I’d take Wayne and Hastings now if given the option but I wouldn’t say I’d be over the moon about it.