Tigers Confirm Talks With Cotric

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yh but how often are they as good on either edge? Naden seems to be able to carry the ball and fend with both arms so i guess he has that going for him, Schoupp on the other hand doesn't or at least we are yet to see it.
This is the modern day problem, coaches should play the boys on either side and not Pidgeon hole them. They good ones can adapt and at grade level you should be able to play both sides. At training in skills sessions they use alternative sides.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the modern day problem, coaches should play the boys on either side and not Pidgeon hole them. They good ones can adapt and at grade level you should be able to play both sides. At training in skills sessions they use alternative sides.
I'd like to see centres play together again on certain shapes, but the reality is ambidexterity is rare. If you play a guy who carries with his RH and fends with his LH on the left you hamper his ability to be effective as he's pushing across his body and offloading back through traffic.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I know it’s a highlights package but if you watch this you’ll see most of his best plays came from the centre position

Big body that can play 1-5. Good little buy for us.
I was leaning toward playing him at left centre but man he can finish. It would be tempting to play him on the other wing if Cotric leaves.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Wonder who the second rower on that side will be ?

Burton / ??? /Naden / Fox
Should be Hetherington. Who ever takes that spot next year is only keeping it warm for Kikau in 23 anyway.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would play Stimson and Waddell as the left sided backrower.

And what I mean by that is have both of them on the field at the same time as the left edge backrower. Between the 2 of them they make up an average first grade backrower

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I think Thompson and Vaughan are most likely to be our props so that leaves TPJ or Hetherington depending on who plays on what side.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering about Schoupp, I didn't think he would be training until next year.
Maybe Schoupp is a right centre,but played left as Hoppa was a right centre.
Floppa was never a right centre, in fact he was never a centre, and in his last years after his religious retreat eas never a first grader.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd completely forgotten we have signed Braidon Burns, so Cotric may well be surplus.

1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Naden
4. Burns
5. Allen / Okunbor / Cotric (if with club) / Lumelume

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd completely forgotten we have signed Braidon Burns, so Cotric may well be surplus.

1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Naden
4. Burns
5. Allen / Okunbor / Cotric (if with club) / Lumelume
Don't forget Schoup and Alamoti. I'd be pissed if Burns and Allen are anywhere near the starting 17. They're simply backups

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You rate him? Never seen him play so I wouldn't have a clue. Is he rated at all though?
Burns did his job at the Rabbits. His skill sets pretty similar to Schoupp I'd say. He's had zero luck with injuries. If he didn't do back to back ACL's (pretty sure, or something close to this) there's a good chance the Rabbits don't move Graham from wing to centre and Burns locks down a centre spot. I was pretty surprised we were able to sign him as a back-up (I thought he'd be a shoe in for someone like the Sharks needing a centre, even Panthers).

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pretty surprised we were able to sign him as a back-up (I thought he'd be a shoe in for someone like the Sharks needing a centre, even Panthers).
His uncle Rod Silva was probably in his ear