Tigers Confirm Talks With Cotric

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's possible, Nic has been looking to make his way back to Sydney for a long time. Nic's entire family, best mates and social circle reside in Sydney and he would always make his way down whenever the opportunity was available while living in and playing for Canberra.
Well Tigpies would be perfect for him and us.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well Tigpies would be perfect for him and us.
And that's why I believe he will go to the TigPies and not back to Canberra bro. He wants to remain here, hence why the raiders offer to take him back has been sitting there for so long unaccepted.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our fellow supporters are hard to please..
We all know the salary cap rule a minimum 95% has to be spent every season and to meet those requirements we have overpaid some very ordinary players but to attract superstars we did the same with Cotric by paying 150-200k a season overs.
Now it's crunch time and the hard decisions are getting made but according to those fans who are never happy we are doing the wrong thing,
To those fellow fans I ask a question,
Would Cotric have signed with us if our offer was the same as Canberra's ?
100% this
Cotric might be a good player and a good bloke, but he is taking up cap space that can help us attract or retain better players, he is a winger, and a winger that isn't "earning" his inflated paypacket

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he gets 1 year added on with a 3 year contract from Tiges, he may be happy with that? (He and his manager know he really is on overs).
I reckon he would go just for the 2 years at $650k because he knows he will get more a chance to play centre there.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get the point releasing him. Certainly won't be saving us money, unless the contract is mutually terminated (and thereis a snowballs chance of hell that happens).

So let's presume Cotric is on $600k a year contract. Dogs pay $300k of that contract, and Tigers/Raiders pay $300k of that contract for one year.

Bulldogs then want Mahoney a year early, and we pay $300k of Mahoneys contract with Eels copping the rest.

Financially and salary cap wise we are no better off.

Wonder if Tigers are going after Isaac Lumelume who just announced he's leaving the Storm for "personal reasons", and was born in Auburn and played with Berala coming through.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That works for maybe a 1/2 or a 5/8 but not for a winger who relies almost 100% on what happens inside him. It's easy to forget that Cotric only played 14 games and some of those were with an injured shoulder. He still made 58 tackle busts, 7 line breaks and ran for 130 metres average per game. That's a farkin long way from "blending into the background".

Always a Bulldog
Not being a smart ass, but do meters run sideways count as meters? Never been clear on this & Cotric spends plenty of time going east west rather than north south…

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember a game this year where Cotric ran down Burton from behind.
Burton is not a flyer. A flyer would be JAC, Javier Coates and co. If you think Cotric is a flyer then so would every backline player in the NRL and that term would become meaningless.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't get the point releasing him. Certainly won't be saving us money, unless the contract is mutually terminated (and thereis a snowballs chance of hell that happens).

So let's presume Cotric is on $600k a year contract. Dogs pay $300k of that contract, and Tigers/Raiders pay $300k of that contract for one year.

Bulldogs then want Mahoney a year early, and we pay $300k of Mahoneys contract with Eels copping the rest.

Wonder if Tigers are going after Isaac Lumelume who just announced he's leaving the Storm for "personal reasons", and was born in Auburn and played with Berala coming through.
Why would we pay 300k?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not being a smart ass, but do meters run sideways count as meters? Never been clear on this & Cotric spends plenty of time going east west rather than north south…
Nor does he aid our players wanting to go north south, he just brings the defense up to prevent it

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tigers are offering to pay his whole contract

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I don't think we'll let Cotric go unless another club is willing to pay at least 500k of his contract. I really doubt we'd entertain clubs offering 300k.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's possible, Nic had been looking to make his way back to Sydney for a long time. Nic's entire family, best mates and social circle reside in Sydney and he would always make his way down whenever the opportunity was available while living in and playing for Canberra.
I thought he is a great Samaritan...
Left Canberra for a meer 650k to help us :tearsofjoy:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What re shaping for '23 are we looking at?
Sounds like shit.
Keep him and concentrate on the retention of the current 22 roster that looks like gold already to me.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What re shaping for '23 are we looking at?
Sounds like shit.
Keep him and concentrate on the retention of the current 22 roster that looks like gold already to me.
sounds like shit? just cos we are getting rid of cotric? what the actual fuck?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
sounds like shit? just cos we are getting rid of cotric? what the actual fuck?
No doubt Cotric is talented, Lynne and Deno paid overs in the hope he would succeed playing centre.
Is he worth that price as a winger ???