Tigers Confirm Talks With Cotric

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cap isn't looking quite so tight now...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do we know that we'll have to pay any freight for Cotric? Multiple clubs are interested in him. The Tigers have a tonne of cap space and have a history of overpaying. They're desperate for an outside back. They'd probably pay his full contract.
Yep Riccio said on the radio this morning they will pay his full contract and play him in the centres.

Seems a no brainer for us to go ahead with it

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s not average at all mate. He’s a quality player.

He was surrounded by trash.

If they don’t get kikau or Mahoney over earlier then keep him and play the season and see how he goes with quality around him.

Then you have more leverage next year with 1 year left and a player with no doubt a far better season behind him.
A quality player should standout in an poor team, not blend in to the background

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep Riccio said on the radio this morning they will pay his full contract and play him in the centres.

Seems a no brainer for us to go ahead with it
If he gets 1 year added on with a 3 year contract from Tiges, he may be happy with that? (He and his manager know he really is on overs).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A quality player should standout in an poor team, not blend in to the background
That works for maybe a 1/2 or a 5/8 but not for a winger who relies almost 100% on what happens inside him. It's easy to forget that Cotric only played 14 games and some of those were with an injured shoulder. He still made 58 tackle busts, 7 line breaks and ran for 130 metres average per game. That's a farkin long way from "blending into the background".

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That works for maybe a 1/2 or a 5/8 but not for a winger who relies almost 100% on what happens inside him. It's easy to forget that Cotric only played 14 games and some of those were with an injured shoulder. He still made 58 tackle busts, 7 line breaks and ran for 130 metres average per game. That's a farkin long way from "blending into the background".

Always a Bulldog
He was an equally long farking way from being impressive or value. Pushing off 4 tackles and running sideways and might bolster his stats but it did nothing to justify his paypacket and about the same for the team

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He was an equally long farking way from being impressive or value. Pushing off 4 tackles and running sideways and might bolster his stats but it did nothing to justify his paypacket and about the same for the team
Your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Is it possible that he might not have had to run across field if those inside him had given him some outside space to work with?

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Is it possible that he might not have had to run across field if those inside him had given him some outside space to work with?

Always a Bulldog
Perhaps another player would have done more with the same opportunities ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Perhaps another player would have done more with the same opportunities ?
What farkin "opportunities"? I can't say as I saw one not taken advantage of.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What farkin "opportunities"? I can't say as I saw one not taken advantage of.

Always a Bulldog
650k he should be doing more. Okunbor would be on 75% less and managed to capitalise on his opportunities in the same team

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your opinion and you are entitled to it, I just happen to not agree.

FWIW he's not on $650k (in our Cap).

Always a Bulldog
All good, I love your opinions. Don't necessarily agree with all of them. But the fact you end every post with always a bulldog means I'll always read and respect them

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Overrated and overpaid.
Our fellow supporters are hard to please..
We all know the salary cap rule a minimum 95% has to be spent every season and to meet those requirements we have overpaid some very ordinary players but to attract superstars we did the same with Cotric by paying 150-200k a season overs.
Now it's crunch time and the hard decisions are getting made but according to those fans who are never happy we are doing the wrong thing,
To those fellow fans I ask a question,
Would Cotric have signed with us if our offer was the same as Canberra's ?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our fellow supporters are hard to please..
We all know the salary cap rule a minimum 95% has to be spent every season and to meet those requirements we have overpaid some very ordinary players but to attract superstars we did the same with Cotric by paying 150-200k a season overs.
Now it's crunch time and the hard decisions are getting made but according to those fans who are never happy we are doing the wrong thing,
To those fellow fans I ask a question,
Would Cotric have signed with us if our offer was the same as Canberra's ?
It's possible, Nic had been looking to make his way back to Sydney for a long time. Nic's entire family, best mates and social circle reside in Sydney and he would always make his way down whenever the opportunity was available while living in and playing for Canberra.