Social Media Tigers close to signing Tamou and Addo Carr

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
thought the tigers had to move 2 big priced player on for anything to happen, now close to announcing the signing of 2 players
wouldnt think lawrence and benji be on big money
Lawrence was offered a very modest contract to resign for 2020 so I doubt he’s moving the chess pieces much.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s quite subjective though... at least with Fozza he’s either medically cleared or not... imagine Lewis has that clause.. he’s been picked so many times after not playing well and not beating up on him but just saying the coach potentially makes or breaks your contract there... unless he’s not even fussed about the fullback spot he’s just saying it cause it seems most off contract wingers these days have a desire to play fullback.
Obviously all parties must agree to the wording but my point is the experts here said it cant be done

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
thought the tigers had to move 2 big priced player on for anything to happen, now close to announcing the signing of 2 players
wouldnt think lawrence and benji be on big money
McQueen off their books for next year (reportedly 400k). Also Taylor would be on a decent amount. A couple of others probably on more than minimum wage so they can bump up some rookies if they want. They can't do too much but they can definitely add one or two more good additions.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Although JAC would be great I don't think he will improve after Mrlbourne. I think he will get off-track in Sydney, most likely with Latrell. I see JAC looking for another club within 2-3 years hoping to get his career back on course. He will still score some crazy try's but will go backwards.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While he's not my preferred choice I'd be interested in signing Benji for the right price. I seem to remember he was right behind his cuz going from the Tigers to us a few years back and to be honest while there are better options for us in the hooker role I still wouldn't want to lose JMK as he has been good for us and can play in multiple positions and all clubs need a good utility player like JMK. He'd be a good back up to Brandon Smith if we can nab him from the Storm......On another note Foran has been very good for us this year but he's a crock and not worth the money he's on. He has no doubt played his last game for the 'Dogs and while that's somewhat unfortunate it will free up much needed salary cap space as will the season ending injury to Napa.......I'd be telling him now that he's free to look around for next year and pay out his last year as he's a liability at the Bulldogs.
You mean brother.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tigers are meant to be having salary cap pressures but can afford to buy JAC.....yet our club with a supposed war chest couldn’t offer him a contract to match the tigers...our team is crying for a proven try scorer....someone with speed who could even play fullback.....all because our fukin money is tied up wth players like DWZ and Hopoate and Napa and Jackson on overpaid contracts....fuk I’m over our recruitment...
A brother will never come to our club plus at this stage he's a winger until proven otherwise

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Two good signings for the West Tigers.
Addo Carr at fullback will work a treat.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lawrence was offered a very modest contract to resign for 2020 so I doubt he’s moving the chess pieces much.
Was he? Outstanding player!!
When you consider we are paying Jackson $750k a season for 2021, 2022 & 2023 and he ain't getting any better.
I would think a player Lawrence wouldn't be screwed over given the service he has provided to that club.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Was he? Outstanding player!!
When you consider we are paying Jackson $750k a season for 2021, 2022 & 2023 and he ain't getting any better.
I would think a player Lawrence wouldn't be screwed over given the service he has provided to that club.
Yeah he was quite vocal about it. Offered slightly above minimum. Can’t be bothered googling it but there should be an article somewhere. Not sure where the club and his manager ended up but it wouldn’t have been too much higher. He had a horrific run of injuries toward the end. Jacko on long serving player allowance next year so I think $200-$250k of his salary does not go toward the cap.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JAC Tigers deal not over the line yet, Storm seem to be holding strong on their request for a player swap when releasing JAC. I think we should be poking our nose into this situation and enquiring about a 3 way trade. With JAC set to join Tigers, we could at least discuss sending someone like DWZ or R Smith to Storm, and then we could target someone from Tigers like bringing Talau back? Obviously $$$ is still a factor once players are identified but I’d like to see the club at least see if they can benefit from a situation like this.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JAC Tigers deal not over the line yet, Storm seem to be holding strong on their request for a player swap when releasing JAC. I think we should be poking our nose into this situation and enquiring about a 3 way trade. With JAC set to join Tigers, we could at least discuss sending someone like DWZ or R Smith to Storm, and then we could target someone from Tigers like bringing Talau back? Obviously $$$ is still a factor once players are identified but I’d like to see the club at least see if they can benefit from a situation like this.
Yeah, but is JAC really someone we want at the club at this time?

Personally I think there are other positions we desperately need to fill, and wouldn't want to experiment with having a winger play at fullback again ... If we're looking to bolster our backline I'd love to see a proper fullback signed before him, and if not that another centre.

When looking at the money he'd want, I honestly think there are at least another 4-5 positions we'd need to fill before even thinking about signing a winger. Hooker. Half/five eigth. Fullback. Prop. Centre.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, but is JAC really someone we want at the club at this time?

Personally I think there are other positions we desperately need to fill, and wouldn't want to experiment with having a winger play at fullback again ... If we're looking to bolster our backline I'd love to see a proper fullback signed before him, and if not that another centre.

When looking at the money he'd want, I honestly think there are at least another 4-5 positions we'd need to fill before even thinking about signing a winger. Hooker. Half/five eigth. Fullback. Prop. Centre.
I was saying JAC ends up at Tigers, we would look to off load DWZ or Smith to Storm and that leaves Tigers needing to give up a player to us in the 3 way swap. As an example we could ask for Talau as depth for centre/wing. I never mentioned JAC to the Dogs, I agree it’s too big a risk to pay him and ‘trial’ him as a No.1. I’d much prefer a value pick in this scenario like Talau, and save some money for proper 1,6,7 and 9.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was saying JAC ends up at Tigers, we would look to off load DWZ or Smith to Storm and that leaves Tigers needing to give up a player to us in the 3 way swap. As an example we could ask for Talau as depth for centre/wing. I never mentioned JAC to the Dogs, I agree it’s too big a risk to pay him and ‘trial’ him as a No.1. I’d much prefer a value pick in this scenario like Talau, and save some money for proper 1,6,7 and 9.
Got ya mate and agree.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The storm would take talau first their: they aren’t stupid.

Tigers with no cap get Tamou, addo carr has Grant on loan. We get waddel and Blake green. Nice.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t understand why we are not throwing the kitchen sink at Ado Carr. Even if it is for FB he is definitely better than snail pace Hoppa or soft cock Meaney.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t understand why we are not throwing the kitchen sink at Ado Carr. Even if it is for FB he is definitely better than snail pace Hoppa or soft cock Meaney.
For 600k he'd be a good buy. Problem one is the Tigers are offering the same amount so we can't sign him unless we up the offer to around 700k. That's something we won't do.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We won’t do it because we’ve paid overs before to the wrong players (Napa for example) which will hurt us going forward with the players we actually need. Shows how the stupidity of our club will have long term affects on us. We need to be aggressive for next season, not looking for bargain basement buys.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We won’t do it because we’ve paid overs before to the wrong players (Napa for example) which will hurt us going forward with the players we actually need. Shows how the stupidity of our club will have long term affects on us. We need to be aggressive for next season, not looking for bargain basement buys.
I said the same thing last year regarding 2021 and it was the same old. We've pushed the target year back another year when it wasn't necessary.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still find the decisions such as to extend Jackson and Hoppa before we committed to a long term coach extraordinary and very negligent. Then a player like Ado Carr is on the market and we don’t go for him. He’s still only 25 with his best footy still ahead of him. 2021 is another write off year