Thuston- Out of form or past it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
35 isn’t old in his role? 35 is old in any role on the rugby league field and age affects people differently and earlier or later. It’s also both a mental thing along with a physical thing. He no longer can do what he used to do so that then fucks him up mentally and potentially worsens his performances.
I think you're basing this on an age- biased opinion which is an 'old ' unsubststiated common perception. Have you researched this?
I haven't researched this but have witnessed 35-45 year old men dominate 20 some thing year olds in boxing . These 20 something year olds are Nrl players so yeah that was proof enough for me.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I know the Cows have a gun half in the wings but maybe we can trick them into taking Mbye’s contract from next year if Thurston retires
It doesn't matter how good they are, they won't be as good as JT was in his prime.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you're basing this on an age- biased opinion which is an 'old ' unsubststiated common perception. Have you researched this?
I haven't researched this but have witnessed 35-45 year old men dominate 20 some thing year olds in boxing . These 20 something year olds are Nrl players so yeah that was proof enough for me.
Did I not say the rugby league field. Boxing/ufc are very different to the nrl. The great george foreman was the only heavy weight boxer in history to win the belt at age 45. Granted you have to be extremely fit in boxing but you’re able to change up strategies and stand more still and not move around as much and pick your punches. In nrl you do not have a choice you’re running the whole time and tackling. I’ve researched enough to know that males peak at 30 in regards to physical prowess and then they decline with testosterone levels dropping, even human growth hormone levels and igf-1. With these drops in those important hormone levels the body simply cannot do what it once did.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What has that got to do with anything?
The halves they got waiting in the wing won't be as good as JT. I didn't think it that comment required further dissecting.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The halves they got waiting in the wing won't be as good as JT. I didn't think it that comment required further dissecting.
What was it adding to the conversation? The topic is about Mbye. I am saying even though they have a gun half waiting maybe they’ll be interested in picking up Mbye. I could say that Jack Cogger will also never be as good as Andrew Johns but that’s stating the obvious and adds nothing to the actual topic being discussed

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did I not say the rugby league field. Boxing/ufc are very different to the nrl. The great george foreman was the only heavy weight boxer in history to win the belt at age 45. Granted you have to be extremely fit in boxing but you’re able to change up strategies and stand more still and not move around as much and pick your punches. In nrl you do not have a choice you’re running the whole time and tackling. I’ve researched enough to know that males peak at 30 in regards to physical prowess and then they decline with testosterone levels dropping, even human growth hormone levels and igf-1. With these drops in those important hormone levels the body simply cannot do what it once did.
I did miss your bit about rugby league but my point was if a 35 year old is still able to hold their own against a 25 year old in sports which require physical strength then the depletion of bone density and muscle mass which starts to go at 30 is negligible in a strength and fitness arena such as boxing and league. I googled it and by the time men reach 35 their testosterone levels drop by only 1.6% (nothing to write home about) . Factors such as training, experience and personal attributes can compensate to reduce or reverse the effects of decreasing testosterone which therefore nullifies the ,' age old' belief that just because someone is certain age they're past their use by date.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both. Should retire at the end of the year, but will probably play on for one more payday if the cows have any space left

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking very Good tonight.. he still has it & is controlling everything

Still a complete champion

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take this broken thruston over anyone we have now. Imagine thruston 1 year deal next year to end his career hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.