Thuston- Out of form or past it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In saying that though he is not doing himself or the Cowboys any favours. He looks jaded and no longer has an impact; his kicking is poor and about all he does with any urgency or passion is argue with the referee or ask him to send an opposition player to the bin....

Neither.

This is a battle of egos.

Are the Cowboys Morgan's Team or Thurston's Team.

They are canceling each other out.

Even the Cowboys are confused. One too many chiefs not enough indians.
Their forwards not performing
I think it's a combination of all 3

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Neither.

This is a battle of egos.

Are the Cowboys Morgan's Team or Thurston's Team.

They are canceling each other out.

Even the Cowboys are confused. One too many chiefs not enough indians.
That’s what I’m seeing too

Morgan’s like ‘fk man I carried this team last year while you were busted, I ain’t playing second fiddle ‘

Thurston like ‘I won us a championship mutha fkr, know ya role’

The rest are like um who do we listen too

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously Thurston is passed his best. It’s not rocket science !
All the greats were past their best in their final season.
Fulton
Beetson
Langlands
Raper
Lewis .
The list is endless. Regardless JT will become an immortal, because of what he’s achieved over a period of time.
He’ll be remembered as one of the all time greats.

Last edited:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thurston and Inglis are two players that have played on too long in my opinion.

Struggling badly.
Inglis been killing it past 2 weeks. Thurston is only out of form, super talented , and the biggest heart in the game. He will bounce back I would not write the cowboys off just yet.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apart from our game on Saturday I watched about 20 minutes of a cowboys match earlier in the year and thought he looks unhappy and disinterested. I've seen games where he wasn't at his best before, but he usually still has moments where he looks dangerous. And if things were going wrong he'd generally blow up about it. From what I've seen of him this year it appears he just doesn't care. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes out that he's having issues that have made football a secondary concern for him. He just doesn't look like the happy go lucky person that has annoyed me by breaking out in a laugh over nothing for many years.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apart from our game on Saturday I watched about 20 minutes of a cowboys match earlier in the year and thought he looks unhappy and disinterested. I've seen games where he wasn't at his best before, but he usually still has moments where he looks dangerous. And if things were going wrong he'd generally blow up about it. From what I've seen of him this year it appears he just doesn't care. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes out that he's having issues that have made football a secondary concern for him. He just doesn't look like the happy go lucky person that has annoyed me by breaking out in a laugh over nothing for many years.
That is a pretty good analysis. He floats in and out of games and you are right he does not have the enthusiasm of the past.......although on occasion against us he implored the ref to give his side a penalty or send one of our guys to the bin.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clearly injured.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Thurston's form slump is only temporary. He will be back to his best shortly and people will be gagging over him.

Reaction score
Not sure what is going on with the Cowboys side in general. Perhaps it is Ash Taylor's turn to show up Thurston this week against the Cowboys.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thurston's form slump is only temporary. He will be back to his best shortly and people will be gagging over him.
No he won't. He's done. Can't put his shoulder into his defence anymore and is getting pushed off. Creates problems for his fellow defenders and is fatiguing them. Lost his acceleration as well. Can't find the gaps like he used to.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thurston is a superstar but i think he is done. He'll just be a passenger for this season. Sure he might have some moments but his best is behind him. Age and body catching up to him. I swear once you hit the 30's after copping a few bad injuries the body just doesn't bounce back like it does when your younger.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No he won't. He's done. Can't put his shoulder into his defence anymore and is getting pushed off. Creates problems for his fellow defenders and is fatiguing them. Lost his acceleration as well. Can't find the gaps like he used to.
Time will tell. Let's come back to this thread in a few months.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I reckon most of the team still expect poor Thursty to do every bloody thing and that is that

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
not the same as yesteryears but still the best in the game.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will be sad to see a great player like him miss the finals in his farewell season....

Status
Not open for further replies.