Thuston- Out of form or past it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all watched the game yesterday, not once did he look threatening. Think I was more worried when Morgan or Taumalolo got the ball than JT. So is Alexander right? or will the champion player that he is make a come back?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree about not being threatening.

Taumololololo is such a beast and you can see why the cows wanted to lock him in long term.

And Morgan looks more and more like he's the one running the show.

Jt is 35 next week and considering how he plays, his body has taken a lot. He is a champion, but I can't seem him playing past this season.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is still the best going around but well below what he was before his injury.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been very very poor this season, I won't write him off but geez it's guna be a very dull mark on a very shiny career if he doesn't come good

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the biggest issue is he and Morgan just aren't clicking. Thurston wasn't going too badly when he was running the show on his own the first 2 or so rounds.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is an out and out proven champion.imortal in waiting and take my hat of to him.infortunatley is not his year and coming back from injury is tough especially at end of career. All is going wrong from team playing ordinary to bad luck like his falcon for our try.still a champ.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the bloke but stick a fork in him he’s done!.I think things will get worse for him as the season goes on,teams are really running a lot of traffic at him in attack and defence his body won’t hold up.
Having said that he’s the best seven to play the game bar none and I hope things improve for his last season

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think his hearts not in it anymore because of the refereeing side of things.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s cooked I reckon. Still mentally got it, but the two injuries last year he’s lost a yard of pace and he’s not going to get it back.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thurston is cooked. His shoulder must still be causing him problems

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thurston and Inglis are two players that have played on too long in my opinion.

Struggling badly.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he hasn't fully recovered from his injuries.

he is at the back end of his career so it can take a long time to recover and sometimes it may not fully recover due to the age factor and constant wear and tear.
In saying that though he is not doing himself or the Cowboys any favours. He looks jaded and no longer has an impact; his kicking is poor and about all he does with any urgency or passion is argue with the referee or ask him to send an opposition player to the bin....

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Neither.

This is a battle of egos.

Are the Cowboys Morgan's Team or Thurston's Team.

They are canceling each other out.

Even the Cowboys are confused. One too many chiefs not enough indians.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Age is the downfall of all great men. Physically speaking.
I think he knows age has caught upto him but like all us men we never want to admit it. But eventually he’ll accept it. But still better than majority going around atm and at least he doesn’t groom his long hair like woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.