Thurston : A classy GRUB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The worst part was when the refs did not want to make a call on the head but it was clear as day Thurston head butted and should of been binned for it
Not only that, it happened all infront of them ffs

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I almost killed my TV when he got to play on after that. Piece of shit typifies bad sportsmanship. How convenient that the camera was there to capture his apology though. It would have been sad if the world missed that. Just to add Reynolds had two players trying to jam his head into the ground. Let us not forget the second dirty Queenslander having a couple of jabs at his face while he was pinned. I took hardly any notice of who as i was yelling but he had two of the turds in his face. Queensland the brave.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So they ban the shoulder charge, ban the punch, and yet time after time we see players tossing what effectively is a punch (hard or not), and nothing is done.

NRL are fast becomming a joke.

Resf had no control over the game at all.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol that "headbutt" wouldnt of hurt a fly. It was illegal, i know that, but it was hardly a headbutt. Was disgusting that Thurston would stoop soo low but hey its origin right. Seems to be the answer to all questions. Even NSW captain Peptide Paul Gallen said there's forearms to the face in every tackle

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One all in brawl with punches would of solved all this niggling,Rugby league is a violent sport,the odd punch up is needed. As far as the "headbutt" come on its not likeThurston threw his head right back and put his forehead into Reynolds nose and splattered it .and the old face massages with the elbow that both teams were doing meh, just Boys letting out frustrations and trying to upset the opposing team. Go back and have a look at old dogs games our great Steve Mortimer was never shy of the odd bit elbow massage. Take all these things out off the game and pretty soon it will be touch footy

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree^^

shouldve just let them scrap it out in the first half, get all the hugging and niggle out then play ball

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One all in brawl with punches would of solved all this niggling,Rugby league is a violent sport,the odd punch up is needed. As far as the "headbutt" come on its not likeThurston threw his head right back and put his forehead into Reynolds nose and splattered it .and the old face massages with the elbow that both teams were doing meh, just Boys letting out frustrations and trying to upset the opposing team. Go back and have a look at old dogs games our great Steve Mortimer was never shy of the odd bit elbow massage. Take all these things out off the game and pretty soon it will be touch footy
I love all the rough stuff n would have loved to c a blue. But the nrl has supposedly drawn a line in the sand. He shuld have been binned. The elbow is harder than a fist. (Even tho it was mainly his forearm) wasnt much in the headbutt, but it shouldn't hav happnd. He wont miss a game. Which is bullshit, he has been a grub for a long time. I always have a soft spot for former dogs players but thurston lost me years ago. When cmeras on off the field he puts on a big show but a true sook on it. Plus i hate that stupid laugh of his. So over the top

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
1. I'm all good with JT going after Grub. It started way, way, way back in the beginning of the game. JT tackled him early by lifting him up and flinging him on his arse as if to say "you should be suspended and here's some of your own medicine" ... exactly the sort of thing I'd want my team-mate doing if I was Brent Tate ...and it's not like he carried on like Hodges would have after the siren. JT went up and did the whole "leave it on the field" thing. It's all good to me.

2. SOH is right : None of this happens if they bring back the knuckle. There'd be no headbutts, elbows, face-slaps or face-massages. And I got a feeling we'll see more of this during finals as the stakes are raised.

3. Gotta admit, the Beau Scott face-slap was priceless .... :thumb:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can vaguely recall one game can't even remember if it were an origin that a fight broke out. The ref then said is that out of your system now , can we play football. A good old scrap blows the tension valves so they can get on belting each other with big tackles.and let's face it the footy field is one of the safest places for a fight. They usually don't last more than a few punches

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I can vaguely recall one game can't even remember if it were an origin that a fight broke out. The ref then said is that out of your system now , can we play football. A good old scrap blows the tension valves so they can get on belting each other with big tackles.and let's face it the footy field is one of the safest places for a fight. They usually don't last more than a few punches
i much rather watch them rush up and grab each other, its like they are dancing

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I have a theory that most footy players start fights knowing they rarely last more than 30secs ...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thurston would have backed right off if Gallen gave him a Nate Myles Special..

But NO ... they abolished the punching and shoulder charge rules, BOTH which served as ways of venting aggression and frustration that lingers on the football field.

Now you get crappy push and shoves, and harder to notice dirty tactics.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't really anything in it in general, wasn't anything that needed to go on report, be penalised, or worried about at all....... play on would have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.