News Thursday Afternoon Super Lunch

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And while im at it, why do 90% of kebab shops toast the fuck out if your kebab? I always have to say "just lightly toasted thanks", but still half the time it's cutting the insides of my fucking mouth.

My old place in Sydney didn't even toast it, just warm the bread on the hot plate, roll ot and whack it in the bag. That's how I prefer it..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Greeks, lebs, Turks, assyrians, Persians, they all claim it as their own.

Just enjoy the food, even though Adana is the best and that's definitely turkish
I have to agree as our Assyrian kebabs are exactly like you Turks.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And while im at it, why do 90% of kebab shops toast the fuck out if your kebab? I always have to say "just lightly toasted thanks", but still half the time it's cutting the insides of my fucking mouth.

My old place in Sydney didn't even toast it, just warm the bread on the hot plate, roll ot and whack it in the bag. That's how I prefer it..
Nothing worse than a toasted soggy kebab.. That so amateurish tbh.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I actually ask for extra toasted. Helps with the kebab stability.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Everyone makes it different so technically everyone had the idea they just did the whole mash meat rotating thing their own way.
Well us Assyrians claim we invented "meat on a skewer" when our soldiers would use our swords/spears to cook meat over a fire.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cant do hot soggy lettuce and tomato.. Can argue the stability comes from the quantity to expert wrapping tightness ratio..
I think its more in the wrapping than the toasting

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m an anglo aussie, probably why my kebab is double chicken, cheese, sour cream and BBQ/sweet chilli sauce, lettuce tomato and tabouleh load that thing up hahaha dam I might get one for lunch tomorrow been a while.