News Thursday Afternoon Super Lunch

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well us Assyrians claim we invented "meat on a skewer" when our soldiers would use our swords/spears to cook meat over a fire.
Fark bro meat on a stick would be human civilization invention dating back to Adam and Eve... Lol.. I even wouldn't be surprised if there are some aboriginal cave paintings of a roo on stick over a fire.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Until you try it, then you'll change your opinion
Oh i can imagine it would be nice... just not as good as a wrap. Even the flat style version of that bread you would eat with your Adana would be better tbh.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well a bread made in Turkey is turkish lol

It's just bread in Turkey not necessarily the ones they sell here

Which part of turkey are we talking about? Could it be North south east west thing., Because i know there a plenty of different ways to do things in Turkey.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Which part of turkey are we talking about? Could it be North south east west thing., Because i know there a plenty of different ways to do things in Turkey.
When I go I spend most of my time either in Ankara, izmir or the south coast.

It's just normal turkish bread they serve it in. Not pide style, just normal rolls

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When I go I spend most of my time either in Ankara, izmir or the south coast.

It's just normal turkish bread they serve it in. Not pide style, just normal rolls
Here good things about Turkey as a holiday destination, time to check this bread issue out for myself i reckon.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here good things about Turkey as a holiday destination, time to check this bread issue out for myself i reckon.
Go soon before the religious extremists fuck it up for tourists, I don't think it will be worth the visit in 5 to 10 years

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Go soon before the religious extremists fuck it up for tourists, I don't think it will be worth the visit in 5 to 10 years
Depends what your going for tbh... Personally not expecting to hit Bondi beach or the Kings X side of things.

And as long as the nutters arent violent it should be ok...

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Whereabouts in Brisbane? I assume Southside? As I'm yet to find one on the northside that matches my old Sydney local - Metro 1 in Ashfield.
Great Kebab shop at Mayfair Village in Manly QLD. That's the first one that to me is like a Sydney kebab. Do pides etc as well. Proper old school Turks.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone makes it different so technically everyone had the idea they just did the whole mash meat rotating thing their own way.
This is the factual answer. There are many variations on the theme of rotisserie meat and veg in a pita or lebanese bread. Is the latter an Aussie thing though? Do they use pita in Lebanon? Kebabs, gyros, yeeros, souvlaki et al are just different cultural takes on the same thing. From Greece to Israel basically, many of those countries have their own version. Maybe even further into Iraq, Jordan and North Africa?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys Dave Holland said Fittler will be coach stop making threads about other coaches !

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't that the job of the bag? To hold it all together?

Bah, you're all crazy
I agree with you CD shithouse idea but I'm 100% aussie so probably fall into the nfi crowd lol
Quick shout out to Subway wtf do they always ask if I want my nice fresh Italian bread roll with various nice meats and lots of salad toasted :rage::rage: I fucken hate that yeah...

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't that the job of the bag? To hold it all together?

Bah, you're all crazy
Kebab Shop just on the other side of Redcliffe bridge pull in on the left. This is a weird little place great Kebabs and have a jumbo that is fucking giant Kebab....The weird part is they have photos of Mitch Pearce crying in his origin jumper after loosing origin. I heard Sultans is closed was awsome Turkish near Zillmere used to hit that hard back in the day. Im in the Shire for a while now.