Thumbs system

What do you think of the Thumbs up/down rating system

• Great, leave as is.

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • Only show thumbs up for users, not thumbs down.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Remove it.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Give me candy.

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted your thoughts on the thumbs rating system.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i like it very much but you should allow people to thumb up their own posts

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you change it so the thumbs up/down don't accummulate for individuals?

That if a person likes or dislikes a post, they can give it a thumbs up or down. But that's it.

Just a thought.

S

Sharpy

Hi everyone,

Just wanted your thoughts on the thumbs rating system.
It is very childish, all it promotes is the same people either giving thumbs down or up on every post.
all it promotes is arguments and child like responses.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since I've had notifications off, I've hardly noticed. If you want to keep it, make it so the thumbs up/down giver is not private.

S

Submits

It is very childish, all it promotes is the same people either giving thumbs down or up on every post.
I agree. Whoever has the time to sit here all day and put thumbs down on people's posts must have a pretty boring life.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually, to be honest, I love the thumbs down system. I grew up thumbs downing people and I grew up watching people get thumbs downed.

S

Sharpy

Nash this proves my point, some idiot has given me a thumbs down, no ones who is giving it everyone , so the keyboard warriors can do what they like.
if you have to keep this childish system, let people know who gave them the up/ddown that will stop people from doing it to every post

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually, to be honest, I love the thumbs down system. I grew up thumbs downing people and I grew up watching people get thumbs downed.

All you made me think of was that classic 80's classroom game "heads down, thumbs up".

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nash this proves my point, some idiot has given me a thumbs down, no ones who is giving it everyone , so the keyboard warriors can do what they like.
if you have to keep this childish system, let people know who gave them the up/ddown that will stop people from doing it to every post
U deserved every bit of that thumbs down. Stop whingeing

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone went back and thumbs downed a lot of my old posts.

System is hilariously lame. Don't care about my ecred or whatever but gee turn off the notifications :p

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone went back and thumbs downed a lot of my old posts.

System is hilariously lame. Don't care about my ecred or whatever but gee turn off the notifications :p
Refer to this my friend

Actually for those who find it annoying, you can turn off Thumbs Up/Down notification (but it's all or nothing - i.e you can't turn off notification for Thumbs up or thumbs down only).

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/usercp.php - General Settings - Messaging & Notification section - Enable notifications for new thumbs on your content? - UNTICK

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like the idea of it.

Anything that enables a split between users runs the risk of causing problems down the track. If every user truly is of the same status, reputation or thumbs up/down on posts shouldn't exist.

Taking into account some of the larger forums out there in Aus, most have no ratings systems for users either.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw we should keep the thumbs private

i would take it personal if i saw somebody down me, also i wouldn't want to appear gay or bi if i continuously thumb up lets say moe or berries

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't see why thumbs down needs to be included. If you don't like what another user has said, then tell it to them in the thread.

Don't be a pussy.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't see why thumbs down needs to be included. If you don't like what another user has said, then tell it to them in the thread.

Don't be a pussy.
I dont like your comment.

Now im a dick