Three dead after shooter attacks TV crew during live interview in Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
How crazy was this. The guy filmed himself killing 2 news reporters while they were filming a live segment. He also posted the videos on his own twitter account before killing himself.
I actually seen the footage and it's pretty disturbing hearing the women screaming for her life while trying to run away.

I'd post the article but its pretty long so i'll add the link for anyone who wants to read it
http://mobile.news.com.au/world/nor...view-in-virginia/story-fnh81jut-1227500400061

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
What a stupid excuse to kill someone they were racist? , well he got what he deserved

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The only reason America is "home of the brave", is because they are dumb enough to let psychopaths buy guns over there AS A RIGHT, and then wonder why these sorts of things (and spree killing) occur.

This bloke was a nutter and had a past that should have been cause to refuse him the sale of a gun.

He bought the gun apparently after the church shootings the other week.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only reason America is "home of the brave", is because they are dumb enough to let psychopaths buy guns over there AS A RIGHT, and then wonder why these sorts of things (and spree killing) occur.

This bloke was a nutter and had a past that should have been cause to refuse him the sale of a gun.

He bought the gun apparently after the church shootings the other week.
That's why I like Jim Jeffries gun ban argument. In America it's fairly easy to be authorised to buy a gun and you can buy a gun at Wallmart for $1000. In Australia you can buy a gun off the black market for $25,000. If a school kid has $25,000 to buy a gun they're probably not going to want to use it.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
guns do have a use in society in many different situations for farmers. security, police, hunters, but america just seems to be out of control as to who can have a gun, theres so many wackos and extremists out there that every day the gun control debate gets raised, but nothing gets done

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love how the yanks carry on about these middle eastern countries etc, America is right up there with them! There just plain stupid, any country that sell firearms at a supermarket is ****ed in the head

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just watched the cameraman footage followed by the gun mans own footage.

He held the gun there for like 5 seconds and no one noticed then bang.

Fired off so many shots.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Land of the free and the home of the brave.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The right to bear arms takes another two victims and a lunatic who thought he could make his point on live TV. The world just gets sadder and sadder.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif]30 plus Americans are murdered in America every day by fellow Americans. In fact, far more Americans were killed by gun violence in [/FONT]2013 alone (33,636)than all the Americans killed on U.S. soil by terrorists in the last 14 years, and that’s including 9/11. (2,977 Americans were killed on 9/11 and only 48 have been killed since by terrorism on U.S. soil.)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif]30 plus Americans are murdered in America every day by fellow Americans. In fact, far more Americans were killed by gun violence in [/FONT]2013 alone (33,636)than all the Americans killed on U.S. soil by terrorists in the last 14 years, and that’s including 9/11. (2,977 Americans were killed on 9/11 and only 48 have been killed since by terrorism on U.S. soil.)
Begs the question, who are the terrorists?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I just watched the cameraman footage followed by the gun mans own footage.

He held the gun there for like 5 seconds and no one noticed then bang.

Fired off so many shots.
yeah those reporters are sitting ducks, they must focus on their presentation and he could have been there for another minute probably

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
last year a two year old boy killed his own mother in a shopping centre by grabbing a gun from her purse.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I love how the yanks carry on about these middle eastern countries etc, America is right up there with them! There just plain stupid, any country that sell firearms at a supermarket is ****ed in the head
especially when a black teenager picked up one of those unloaded firearms in the supermarket, everybody in the store got scared, called the cops and they shot him dead without warning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZ-teZsZmo

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently this guy was not only black but he was a gay too,

FMD!... not a single media outlet is calling him a mentally depressed person, but on previous occasions when the mass murderer was a white person , it is always the mental issues the white terrorist/murderer is going through.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Saw it unfold live on Twitter.

- Found out his broadcaster name was the same as his Twitter page.
- I got to see the videos he posted of the shooting from is own account : Just walked up with camera in one hand and gun in the other. The 3 victims had no idea he was even there. Camera guy had his back turned.
- I got to tweet "you're going to be dead soon. **** you. Coward"
- About 5mins later Twitter and Facebook suspended his accounts.
- About 10mins later he was dead.

America is f*cked.
Gun laws make it OK for this to happen and for 20 kids to get massacred.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
take away the social media factor , it's a disgruntled employee

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
take away the social media factor , it's a disgruntled employee
i wonder when the disgruntled former employee plans to kills someone, why doesnt he have some sort of epiphany during it, like "oh so they fired me for being crazy or for bizarre behaviour, now im going to show them lol........oh shit wait a second, here i am with a gun going to kill them, maybe i am crazy ffs, i need to chill and calm down"

i dont understand why that doesnt happen tbh, all they are doing is proving that the employer was correct to fire him

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I hate when I hear one of those NRA jerks say if everyone carried guns they could of shot the person doing the killing. I'd love to see the stats on when someone has stopped a mass murder or killing by carting there own weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.