Three Brisbane Broncos stars under sex assault investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
The Broncos need to name names. The whole team is under scrutiny until they do. Its a disgrace.

The players won't be sacked because the board will roll Bennett on this. After all he only has 3 weeks at most left at the club.

It is time to NAME NAMES !!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The Broncos need to name names. The whole team is under scrutiny until they do. Its a disgrace.

The players won't be sacked because the board will roll Bennett on this. After all he only has 3 weeks at most left at the club.

It is time to NAME NAMES !!!
They will....they have to wait for the police investigation to conclude so they have all they facts, then they have to decide thier course of action and THEN they will tell us everything

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
If you put a spellchecker on this forum, it would overload and take out the server from overuse.

CD its misdemeanour. Hope this helps. Mr Meaner sounds like someone you dont want to run into in a dark alley.

The Spelling Police

i dont know Dognacious..
i was trying to remember that from last night..
made my head hurt so i went fukk it
we all know what i mean..

thanks again but :grinning:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
i dont know Dognacious..
i was trying to remember that from last night..
made my head hurt so i went fukk it
we all know what i mean..

thanks again but :grinning:
I only picked on that one coz it was funny.....Mr Meaner lol.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
good name for the dog in you avitar
yeh true.

I also wont tell you that its spelt avatar, coz that would be picky ;)

Maybe need to type your posts in Word then paste em in here lol.

sonia

chonska
Reaction score
GUYS ITS OFFICIAL THE THREE PLAYERS ARE HUNT, BOYD AND THAIDAY.
go on dailytelegprah or google brisbane broncos.

dullbogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24351269-5006066,00.html

LEADING in to the finals series Darren Lockyer, the grand champion of the Broncos, put it to his team that they impose an alcohol ban.

That they declined was answered Saturday night when Karmichael Hunt, Darius Boyd and Sam Thaiday were allegedly involved in an incident that opened a police investigation.

The incident raises a whole range of repercussions, some of which will be discussed on pages more suitable than the sports brief.

According to police reports, on Saturday night three Broncos players agreed to go into a toilet cubicle at the Alhambra Lounge, in Fortitude Valley, with a woman to receive oral sex. The woman then agreed to engage in full sex with two players.

During this, the third player pulled out his mobile phone and began filming. It is believed this is what upset the woman, who believed it had now gone beyond consensual.

Urged by her friend, she later filed a police complaint. Yesterday, as the investigation continued, the Broncos had a field session at their Red Hill bunker while, inside the football club, chief executive Bruno Cullen was waiting to be contacted by police.

Cullen released a statement late yesterday: "As soon as the Broncos were made aware of the allegations, an internal investigation team was formed,'' it said in part. "While the club has not been contacted by the police about this matter, the main focus of the internal investigation team is to co-operate fully with the Queensland Police and collectively ensure all the relevant facts are recorded.''

Without intending to trivialise the importance of the accusation or the investigation, there is another truth. One more relevant to this section.

The Broncos still have a game to play this weekend, one that is more than somewhat important. It could not have come at a worse time. It is a sudden-death qualifying final against premiership heavyweights Melbourne. It is their season on the line.

It is the final Brisbane campaign of six-time premiership-winning coach Wayne Bennett. After yesterday's field session the Broncos did weights and had ice baths and will have today off.

The Broncos, led by Lockyer, are so far holding it together. In past years external scandals would often unravel teams.

The external pressures of a public humiliation combined with the pressure of finding winning football often proved too much.

But this is the third major scandal to envelop a NRL team this season and, if the two previous examples are anything to go by, clubs are learning.

The first came when Canberra sacked halfback Todd Carney for repeated alcohol infringements just as the Raiders began threatening for the playoffs.

At the time of Carney's sacking, Raiders coach Neil Henry credited his team's seamless transition to the club's quick and decisive action. It failed to let it fester.

The second came last month when Cronulla lock Greg Bird was charged with maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm after allegedly glassing his girlfriend.

Sharks coach Ricky Stuart later promised to "unite the players like you have never seen before'', and the Sharks have responded accordingly.

This is the flipside, the sporting side, of unsavoury incidents. If handled correctly, outside disruptions can galvanise a team, sharpen the focus.

Guilt, or the lack of it, is yet to be determined in the Broncos case, but once again it is not nearly so simple.

While the easy assumption is the Broncos are already circling the wagons, galvanising, the club is in a state of confusion. The police investigation is too early to even begin planning solutions, and so the club waits.

And each day the Storm gets closer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm sounds like its been blown outta proportion. Then again they are role models, and the NRL *may* is they had the balls, step in and hand down some punishment.

After all sex in a toilet cubicle, why not hit up Motel Formula1 or somewhere.

Sounds like the chick was a village bike though.

Foreigner

*Stop The Bytchazzness!*
Reaction score
well another broken contract that's what is sounds like.

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The names are official.

Boyd - going to dragons next year, who cares?

Hunt & Thaiday - ooooft... I was hoping it wasn't going to be Hunt...

Reading between the lines, I doubt there will be a rape charge. We'll see how it all unfolds, but the only real charge I can see is the filming without consent, unless anything more happened.

Im surprised the girl came out with all this, it makes her look like the biggest ho, she agreed to blow all three of them, then have a threesome right here in the toilet, then wasn't happy with the unconsensual filming... disgusting behaviour by the three broncos though. Young blokes, what do you expect I suppose.

Depending on how it all unfolds, personally I would not sack Hunt or Thaiday, but it would leave a black mark on their career, and would certainly put them on thin ice.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The names are official.

Boyd - going to dragons next year, who cares?

Hunt & Thaiday - ooooft... I was hoping it wasn't going to be Hunt...

Reading between the lines, I doubt there will be a rape charge. We'll see how it all unfolds, but the only real charge I can see is the filming without consent, unless anything more happened.

Im surprised the girl came out with all this, it makes her look like the biggest ho, she agreed to blow all three of them, then have a threesome right here in the toilet, then wasn't happy with the unconsensual filming... disgusting behaviour by the three broncos though. Young blokes, what do you expect I suppose.

Depending on how it all unfolds, personally I would not sack Hunt or Thaiday, but it would leave a black mark on their career, and would certainly put them on thin ice.
The Broncos club is famous for being hardass on player behaviour off the field, sacking 4 players this year for off the field indiscretions.. Now thier bottle will be truly tested considering the calibre of the players they would have to sack to stay consistant.

I am not saying they are guilty yet, i dont know.

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
^
Yes, took the words right out of my mouth.
I have NO DOUBT if Bennet was still coach, they would all be gone. Not a doubt in the world. He is a man of principle.

However, the situation is interesting. Thaiday, a great player he is, he is replaceable.

Hunt, I had a nasty feeling he would be one of the three. He's meant to be our next Lockyer... it is a HUGE call.

I for one, would be sad to see them both go, but I would understand the club's decision if they are to eventually sack the two, but I dont necessarily agree with it.

However, this is all after everything unfolds.

Personally, if what the article says is true, the wrong doing was the unconsensual filming, IF and i stress IF that happens to be the case, then a sacking would be harsh.

Never the less, we shall see.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
^
Yes, took the words right out of my mouth.
I have NO DOUBT if Bennet was still coach, they would all be gone. Not a doubt in the world. He is a man of principle.

However, the situation is interesting. Thaiday, a great player he is, he is replaceable.

Hunt, I had a nasty feeling he would be one of the three. He's meant to be our next Lockyer... it is a HUGE call.

I for one, would be sad to see them both go, but I would understand the club's decision if they are to eventually sack the two, but I dont necessarily agree with it.

However, this is all after everything unfolds.

Personally, if what the article says is true, the wrong doing was the unconsensual filming, IF and i stress IF that happens to be the case, then a sacking would be harsh.

Never the less, we shall see.
You losing Hunt would be like us losing SBW. I rate Hunt he is a champion player, i hope he hasnt done anything unforgiveable

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
^
the thing is this, if the article is true, and all that went wrong is the unconsensual filming, then I think the sacking is too harsh. I dont have 'much' of a problem with players wanting to have a threesome with some girl, their choice.
But of course the whole 'role model' stigma and Broncos dont tolerate no garbage, so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.