Opinion Thoughts on Mitch Kenny on Hooker

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Off contract playing in a winning team. Can bring energy

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
We could do worse, but we really need a little more experience in our spine, Flanagan and Burton are in their development stages.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we have to get him if we're unable to get a quality hooker but not getting a quality hooker regardless of the reasoning after all these years isn't acceptable. Kenny would be better than what we currently have but we definitely need someone better. Under the new rules hooker might be more important than halfback.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope , it’s time this club goes for world class. We need to be buying quality otherwise we will never get out of this rut. Gone on too long now .!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clark should be the main target but if that doesn't pan out, there aren't many other available options so Kenny would be one of the best available and wouldn't cost too much as a short term option.

I don't think he's great, but he gives solid service and is a threat out of dummy half at times.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m surprised Baz hasn’t already been in his ear. Obviously targeting the block of cheese but if we don’t land Cheese or Clark he’d be cost effective.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Article in the Herald sums up our problems well, we need to develop our own. We've lost the fabric of what it means to be a bulldog. Some like Pritchard, Graham, Ennis got it but these blow ins we've been buying are just cashing in on our desperation

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can’t just ‘develop your own’, that’s like spinning the wheel of fortune again. Already we have far too much love for Schoup and Alamoti, these guys may not even make it. Absolutely we need stronger juniors and an ongoing development program but hoping that alone will get us to the top is ridiculous. We need recruits, now more than ever but always supplementing the existing squad. It’s called ‘both and’ not ‘either or’

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Article in the Herald sums up our problems well, we need to develop our own. We've lost the fabric of what it means to be a bulldog. Some like Pritchard, Graham, Ennis got it but these blow ins we've been buying are just cashing in on our desperation
We bought all 3 of those players you mentioned from other clubs. Topine looks to have the passion and 'bleeding blue and white' that players like Graham and Reynolds had. We need to buy winners or players with genuine hunger. Development should always be happening on the side, no excuse for it not happening.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Kenny would be a good acquisition. He’s young tough and has great attitude. Much better than the schmuks we have at the
moment. Plus Barrett knows him well and has experience playing with burton. No brainer really but I’ll be surprised if panthers let him go.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If h grant waltzes straight into starting 9 lets see if the cheese is still keen on staying

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Kenny would be a good acquisition. He’s young tough and has great attitude. Much better than the schmuks we have at the
moment. Plus Barrett knows him well and has experience playing with burton. No brainer really but I’ll be surprised if panthers let him go.
If he's off contract and Api is still signed for a few seasons, then he'd chase a starting spot somewhere. Plus they'll be under cap pressure after upgrading Ramjet, Luai, Fisher-Harris, Staines, Crichton, Leniu etc.

Capewell is another that's off contract for them that they might not be able to afford to keep that we should chase.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We bought all 3 of those players you mentioned from other clubs. Topine looks to have the passion and 'bleeding blue and white' that players like Graham and Reynolds had. We need to buy winners or players with genuine hunger. Development should always be happening on the side, no excuse for it not happening.
Fuck me what part of some get it like Pritchard, Graham and Ennis, meaning recruits.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best option is surely Fainu IF he beats his court case? If not then we need to go for Blayke Brailey he won’t want to play second fiddle to McInnes next year