Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Thoughts on Kyle Flanagan

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They want to get rid of Flanagan as Sam Walker will be playing in the 7 next year. Roosters forked out 300k on Walker at 16 years of age.

They cant have Walker, Flanagan and Lam on the books along with Keary

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say no at all.!!! He’s got a lot of potential.!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Chooks can keep him. I'd prefer Lam. I thought he looked good in his few games this year. Can play halves or hooker. With Walker coming through he'd have a lot more opportunity at the Dogs, I'd expect. Send Lewis to Melbourne or somewhere.
I like Lam alot aswell but he much prefers to play 6 and on the left edge... Him and Burton won't work out

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I'd take him for his goal kicking alone.

All seriousness, I think Trent Robinson has tried to mould him into Cooper Cronk - who he simply isn't. I liked Flanagan more last year at the Sharks when he was playing his more natural running 5/8 style game.

Sign him up.
Shows that team needed Cronk to win. They had Pearce he wasn't good enough. They needed a general. The coach on the field. When it counted this year they missed the leader. Keary just as much to blame. Every one said he run team and Cronk organised. No Cronk ran everything and Keary was made to look like Laurie Daly.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They are going all in on Sam Walker at 7. They are not getting Burton.
I wish we got Walker last year when we were negotiating with him. It's annoying that they have a potential superstar like him to bring into the squad.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take a punt, only young so best days ahead and good goal kicker. There seems to be a shortage of proven class halfbacks in general at the moment so it's not like most teams are spoilt for choice. To get someone potentially good going to have to take a chance on someone young.
Personally, I was always a fan of Ash Taylor and had hoped we could sign him previously. Many others felt differently though.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The million dollars question
What does TBaz want from a halfback ?
It's one of the most crucial positions in the team and we are desperate for the right one !!!
Could it be Flanagan ???

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isn’t a lot of genuine half backs on the market the kid might be worth the punt handy goal kicker too just cause he had signed to the rooster dose the guarantee instant success he might suit our play better

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
(this isnt a thread saying we should sign him, just gauging everyones thoughts on him)

Roosters seem to be throwing the kid under the bus along with their fans and a headline in the DT seems to suggest Lam or Walker will get the nod ahead of him.
So considering Green is injured and likely to backflip to coach at knights along with Lewis being shit... would you like us to pick the kid up if he wants out and Chooks pay some freight ? or would you steer the fuck clear.

To put it in perspective though Chooks have gone from Cronk down to Flanagan and they are cheats who are use to success currently. Alternatively we are a club thats struggled for years so is a halfback who helped a team make top 4 such a bad option for a team like us ? i dunno tbh.
A big like for sneaking this thread in 24 hrs before it exploded today.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Chooks can keep him. I'd prefer Lam. I thought he looked good in his few games this year. Can play halves or hooker. With Walker coming through he'd have a lot more opportunity at the Dogs, I'd expect. Send Lewis to Melbourne or somewhere.
Cheers, but it was a massive coincidence haha.