Thompson's Usage

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand why the club spent 800k on Thompson but played him 48 minutes while Tolman and Napa provided zero impact and played 68 and 63 minutes respectively...

It can't be because they're trying to ease Thompson into the NRL because his minutes have gone from 60, to 63, to 52 to 48...

Thompson is solely being used as a battering ram when he should be used wider of the ruck and in more space..

Thompson, Renouf and Ogden all need to play huge minutes the rest of the year while plodders like Tolman and Napa take a back seat.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because SG isn't a very smart coach. Yes he's better than Pay but he's still a dumbass. We need to wait until the real coach gets here to see Thommo reach his potential

Why our shit players continue to get picked and get more minutes is beyond me. My single digit IQ is too high to understand the logic behind that

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson is a edge player he shouldn’t be playing up the guts. Him opposite rfm would be good with a decent half next to him. He runs great lines and at speed. His weight doesn’t help him out. Lucky he makes up for it with strength but he won’t be as affective as we need him to be in the position he is playing atm. Hope barret cab see it like we do

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Because tolman scored a try last week how the fuck that plodder gets more minutes than Thompson is beyond me. Next year we need to focus on Thompson, Renouf and Ogden as our rotation. Sue has been good the last couple of weeks too

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Using him wrong, it's quite frustrating... A good hooker and some better forwards would help

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont have a problem using him as a battering ram. I have a problem with when he's getting the fucken ball to be that battering ram.

He gets it after the two slowest hit ups you will ever see by Napa and Tolman. I would HATE to play in a team where I know I'm the best middle at the club and get thw shittest ball and the least minutes.

They even have him running decoys to pass to Tolman or he receives the ball in what looks like a set play to pass to Tolman.

The sooner Barrett gets here the better and just wipe his arse on these horrendous structures and systems they have.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know he'll never be a Paulo type player, but getting third or forth carry contributes to his lack of tackle busts or breaks.

Tolman and Napa apart from a slow ball carry play the ball at 3.2 seconds and the other close to FOUR seconds. The line is SET by the time Thompson gets to run. Where as even though he may not be a big tackle buster like Paulo, Thompsons leg speed and play the ball (2.8) seconds will help to get a roll on.

I was dying for him to get on with Ogden. Ogden was scattering them a bit and thats when Thompsons leg speed would become a real weapon, against a line not quite set.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got a bee in my bonnet over this shit lol.

Just checked to see that Ogden had the fastest ball play of either team of 2.7 seconds, then Thompson with 2.8. They needed to be on together playing off each other.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully
The days of the Rag Dolls soon be over
Bring back The Dogs of War !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know he'll never be a Paulo type player, but getting third or forth carry contributes to his lack of tackle busts or breaks.

Tolman and Napa apart from a slow ball carry play the ball at 3.2 seconds and the other close to FOUR seconds. The line is SET by the time Thompson gets to run. Where as even though he may not be a big tackle buster like Paulo, Thompsons leg speed and play the ball (2.8) seconds will help to get a roll on.

I was dying for him to get on with Ogden. Ogden was scattering them a bit and thats when Thompsons leg speed would become a real weapon, against a line not quite set.
Our whole attacking structure is a chain reaction
It starts by slow play the ball on new years day then it ( if ) reaches it's intended destination next Christmas :grimacing:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Having about as much impact as Napa and Tolman.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. These last 2 weeks Ogden has been our best forward in the literal sense of the word. I have no doubt he's ready to start.
Your missing one very vital point, how many games has he played this year? 3 or 4, and all of them off the bench. With no canterbury cup for match fitness there is no way he is match fit to start.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Got a bee in my bonnet over this shit lol.

Just checked to see that Ogden had the fastest ball play of either team of 2.7 seconds, then Thompson with 2.8. They needed to be on together playing off each other.
Time for Georgie's honeymoon to be over :grinning:

Mate start showing us why we should be thinking you are a better coach than Pay...start getting the little things right that influence success.

Why do Bulldogs coaches find it so hard.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for Georgie's honeymoon to be over :grinning:

Mate start showing us why we should be thinking you are a better coach than Pay...start getting the little things right that influence success.

Why do Bulldogs coaches find it so hard.
I think hes done more than enough to show that hes better than Pay

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
SG appears to want to be the Bob Marley of the NRL. Walk around with a crazy smile all day long looking like he's on the ganja and go with the don't worry be happy philospohy. That will take you a small step further than Pay but it's not what we need.

We need all the players tested and the ones with no dogs future to take a back seat. Blokes like Tolman and Napa should be getting about 30 mins tops per game now and both should be either shopped or not signed for next year. I see no use for either of them moving forward.

Thomo will thrive under a youthful revamped gameplan that I hope Barrett will bring and some young talented players with him.