Opinion Thompson

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much improved today.
It's pretty hard to make an impact running 1 out off the ruck due to shit coaching.

Hopefully next year our coach can come up with a real radical evolutionary tactic to have our forwards steam onto the ball at least 2 passes wide of the ruck.
"It ain't f@cking rocket science"

Forgive me for being upset, but we just claimed another wooden spoon.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I also said I'd wait until next season but the signs just weren't anywhere near positive enough. Look at the late footwork of someone like Brown who can then spin and offer an offload, Thompson just doesn't look capable of that
Yeah I mean it's fucking surprising a guy who seems so top strength heavy can't manage an offload either. How piss weak is the super league?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I mean it's fucking surprising a guy who seems so top strength heavy can't manage an offload either. How piss weak is the super league?
I think the 3 big issues are his running style, leg drive and lack of late footwork. He seems to just run it straight at the defender despite lacking the pure mass of a big ****, he also doesn't seem well balanced/braced for contact and the defenders just easily fold him. If he does manage to withstand the impact he then lacks the leg drive to support himself and either push through the contact or push away from the defender and get an offload away.

Anyway there's a few things they can defenitely work on during the off/preseason, just a little disappointing because a player on his coin should already be capable of certain things

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the 3 big issues are his running style, leg drive and lack of late footwork. He seems to just run it straight at the defender despite lacking the pure mass of a big c***, he also doesn't seem well balanced/braced for contact and the defenders just easily fold him. If he does manage to withstand the impact he then lacks the leg drive to support himself and either push through the contact or push away from the defender and get an offload away.

Anyway there's a few things they can defenitely work on during the off/preseason, just a little disappointing because a player on his coin should already be capable of certain things
Cheers Vossy

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
16 runs 138m = 8.6 m per run
30 tackles 3 missed
2 penalties given away

workrate fine, but needs to bend the line more 8.6m is average & not worth $850k per season

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Better effort today but give us a sidestep or offload or he’ll turn into a pommy Tolman.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And people on here went on and on about latrell and his ROI too risky they said.
How we fairing now fellas?
900k for a flop never tested
I'm not a hater, I'm telling you as it is. He came on and in his first interaction gave away a penalty to help the titans out of their own half late in the set because of pure laziness.
He takes one out hit-ups and gets tackled by the likes of Peachy and Ash Taylor, when did he last break a tackle or offload the ball?
He doesn't dominate in attack or defence, not even against the smaller guys.
He is on $800k+ a season ... the return on investment isn't exactly what you'd be boasting about.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If another team scored a try against us like that you would be wringing your head off! It wasn't a try! It was a double movement!!!
The rukes are exactly the same here in regards to double movement. It was a try! In real speed it was a try. The video ref only looked at it in slow motion. But it doesnt matter because they ruled no try.