Opinion Thompson

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Average performance you'd expect from a player of his standing. Honestly you lot are so easily impressed because a player "runs hard"... this is the same shit that had people jerking themselves silly over DWZ last season.

He defenitely played with high intensity and focused on the 1%ers like kick chase, getting across in defence, etc, also picked up his number of runs...so there was a lot of improvement. The issue is that he's a big money signing and teams get these performances from blokes on way less coin....big money means you need to provide that bit extra and unfortunately for us he doesn't look anywhere close to providing this...weak as piss, no late footwork, offload, etc.
You lot means him only.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good is abit of a stretch, more of a what you expect as a bare minimum from a player of his standing. Makes good metres pre contact because of his pace but gets absolutely folded once he hits the defence.. unfortunately he looks weak as piss and and doesn't really offer anything.
I was more encouraged by what he did today than any other game - and i agree his metres are pre contact.
The dogs squad is still woeful - and Titans are not much better - it was low standard game we still lost.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Which one of our forwards would score that try under the post?
Elliott, RFM, To'omaga..the gap was there, unfortunately he didn't have the ability to break contact of the smarts to keep his ball carrying arm off the ground and reach out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was more encouraged by what he did today than any other game - and i agree his metres are pre contact.
The dogs squad is still woeful - and Titans are not much better - it was low standard game we still lost.
Yes there was a noticeable improvement in his game so hopefully the kicks on and finds that bit extra next season.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson was the only one out there today playing like he gives a fuck and everyone wants to bag him out lol
well done Thommo... fuck the haters
I have been behind him all the way,every game this guy puts in,huge asset for us unfortunately we are that bad,it’s sad ,the commentators today even felt sorry for us,what are we still doing with Holland and Montoya our there,meaney is not first grade,Titans were terrible,we deserve the spoon,and I for one can’t wait for seasons end.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes there was a noticeable improvement in his game so hopefully the kicks on and finds that bit extra next season.
That’s a big change from ‘fraud’.
Next season? You want the club to fold.

Well done today Thommo...

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Average performance you'd expect from a player of his standing. Honestly you lot are so easily impressed because a player "runs hard"... this is the same shit that had people jerking themselves silly over DWZ last season.

He defenitely played with high intensity and focused on the 1%ers like kick chase, getting across in defence, etc, also picked up his number of runs...so there was a lot of improvement. The issue is that he's a big money signing and teams get these performances from blokes on way less coin....big money means you need to provide that bit extra and unfortunately for us he doesn't look anywhere close to providing this...weak as piss, no late footwork, offload, etc.
Agreed he's nowhere near his price tag still. The improvement from dead set flop to one of the better players in a team of flops is a start. Im still reserving my judgement until next season. If he's at the same level then that he was at today I'll give up on him

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was a decent amount on here carrying on, I remember it well because I obviously went against them lol
LOLLL not me. I stated several times that even his super league highlights were shit LOL and got smashed for it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed he's nowhere near his price tag still. The improvement from dead set flop to one of the better players in a team of flops is a start. Im still reserving my judgement until next season. If he's at the same level then that he was at today I'll give up on him
I also said I'd wait until next season but the signs just weren't anywhere near positive enough. Look at the late footwork of someone like Brown who can then spin and offer an offload, Thompson just doesn't look capable of that