Opinion Thompson

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thompson was way better today. He ran hard and was great on kick chase and putting pressure on in defence. His fitness was a lot better.

He should have had a try. That was a bullshit decision. I'd love to see some offloads and tackle busts but Thompson played well today and hopefully he can build off that for the last three games.
His defence was better as well - ran hard made metres quick play the balls - as importantly he was busy off the ball.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So when the dogs won games late in the season it meant shit because we had nothing to play for etc but when the Titans do it Holbrook is the next Jack Gibson. A lot of this is coming from you Marley/Sandshoe/beast or whatever you’re calling yourself this week who also told us Steve Georgalis was the next big thing and should be the first grade coach.
Am I missing something?
Even if this is true or not... Still doesn't change the fact that you were wrong about Pay being better than Holbrook lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thompson was good today
Good is abit of a stretch, more of a what you expect as a bare minimum from a player of his standing. Makes good metres pre contact because of his pace but gets absolutely folded once he hits the defence.. unfortunately he looks weak as piss and and doesn't really offer anything.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even if this is true or not... Still doesn't change the fact that you were wrong about Pay being better than Holbrook lol
Don't bother with Nutboy, ***** too busy sucking off his mates

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Way better today but nowhere near what we are paying him for. Still got hope for next year but what a bloody mess.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I noticed today he looks like a short-arse.
How tall is he.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not MOM but he answered the challenge put on him.

Will continue to improve.

What a disappointing team and coaching performance and result.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
AHAHAHA what did Thompson do that showed him to be any better than the useless ***** we had in our 17 today?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No room for haters here
I'm not a hater, I'm telling you as it is. He came on and in his first interaction gave away a penalty to help the titans out of their own half late in the set because of pure laziness.
He takes one out hit-ups and gets tackled by the likes of Peachy and Ash Taylor, when did he last break a tackle or offload the ball?
He doesn't dominate in attack or defence, not even against the smaller guys.
He is on $800k+ a season ... the return on investment isn't exactly what you'd be boasting about.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not a hater, I'm telling you as it is. He came on and in his first interaction gave away a penalty to help the titans out of their own half late in the set because of pure laziness.
He takes one out hit-ups and gets tackled by the likes of Peachy and Ash Taylor, when did he last break a tackle or offload the ball?
He doesn't dominate in attack or defence, not even against the smaller guys.
He is on $800k+ a season ... the return on investment isn't exactly what you'd be boasting about.
But don’t mention running with intent, scoring a try under the post, supporting in the middle

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Average performance you'd expect from a player of his standing. Honestly you lot are so easily impressed because a player "runs hard"... this is the same shit that had people jerking themselves silly over DWZ last season.

He defenitely played with high intensity and focused on the 1%ers like kick chase, getting across in defence, etc, also picked up his number of runs...so there was a lot of improvement. The issue is that he's a big money signing and teams get these performances from blokes on way less coin....big money means you need to provide that bit extra and unfortunately for us he doesn't look anywhere close to providing this...weak as piss, no late footwork, offload, etc.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Average performance you'd expect from a player of his standing. Honestly you lot are so easily impressed because a player "runs hard"... this is the same shit that had people jerking themselves silly over DWZ last season.

He defenitely played with high intensity and focused on the 1%ers like kick chase, getting across in defence, etc, also picked up his number of runs...so there was a lot of improvement. The issue is that he's a big money signing and teams get these performances from blokes on way less coin....big money means you need to provide that bit extra and unfortunately for us he doesn't look anywhere close to providing this...weak as piss, no late footwork, offload, etc.
Which one of our forwards would score that try under the post?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But don’t mention running with intent, scoring a try under the post, supporting in the middle
Sorry I can't mention scoring a try under the posts because HE DIDN'T!
Theres 4-5 other guys who run the ball with intent too but it doesn't always make it a contribution.