Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No pressure Thommo big money signing so called best prop in the world

Please don’t be a dud buy

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't bring a pistol to a machine gun fight, we gotta have some pride in the jersey by years end.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Always like Sterlo’s pragmatic take on things, makes sense and I agree...although I don’t think we’re expecting miracles, I’m personally hoping he has a very positive impact on the team...
Yeh same. Im not expecting us to become a finals team just because he come over, but he's the first piece of the puzzle. We do need more grunt up front. We still need x factor, a working halves combo and possibly a coach. They are the other pieces

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be up to our high performance team I just read on Foxpsorts, not going to lie it made me laugh cause I know we must have a low performance team calling the shots

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
so thompson isn't that big and the ESL isn't as physically as the NRL. What happens if he turns out to be an exact replica of tolman?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
so thompson isn't that big and the ESL isn't as physically as the NRL. What happens if he turns out to be an exact replica of tolman?
I agree there's a lot of pressure on him to live up to the hype and price tag but he's the complete opposite of Tolman as a player.

He has amazing footwork, great speed for a prop due to his junior career as a back and he is an athlete. He also scores plenty of tries for a prop. Tolman is none of those things.

Even when Tolman was younger at the Storm he was the same workmanlike player with limited physical attributes. Thompson has a lot more upside than Tolman ever did.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well now we 100 percent know how Pay works as a coach. He lets the players decide which position they want to play and when they play.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay spent plenty of time around Josh Hodgson and Canberra's British imports when an assistant at the Raiders, and was grateful he could understand Thompson.

Journalistic gold! do these guys get paid? Must’ve been trying to pad-out the word count....or a sly dig at Pay’s intellect?
Maybe they keep Pay, as interpreter lol

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds about right for Pay to let the new recruit decide if he wants to play. Lewis was picking his halves partner and coaching the team in the media earlier in the year.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
More importantly, do I add him to my SC team?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
More importantly, do I add him to my SC team?
I’d wait a few weeks he will probably only get a little bit of game time and his price will drop. When he starts games he could be a good option.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree there's a lot of pressure on him to live up to the hype and price tag but he's the complete opposite of Tolman as a player.

He has amazing footwork, great speed for a prop due to his junior career as a back and he is an athlete. He also scores plenty of tries for a prop. Tolman is none of those things.

Even when Tolman was younger at the Storm he was the same workmanlike player with limited physical attributes. Thompson has a lot more upside than Tolman ever did.
So he is exactly like tolman

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
alot of ppl saying thompson will provide grunt, seen alot of these comments.
you are confusing him with Graham, burgess etc.

Hes a different type of thugg, hes more of a CHN/Tolman combine.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope he can hold the ball & make some impact tackles...that'll do me for now
Always like Sterlo’s pragmatic take on things, makes sense and I agree...although I don’t think we’re expecting miracles, I’m personally hoping he has a very positive impact on the team...