Opinion Thompson is a front rower !!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thompson looked so much better playing in the middle especially in defence and was the only forward that ran it hard at the line!
13 runs, 132 running metres, 70 post contact metres. Several really quick play the balls in the first half. He wasn't as good in the second half, but tonight was easily the most minutes he has played so far, 62, so perhaps he was starting to feel it towards the end there.

That said, his second stint was longer than his first, and he covered some serious territory in defense.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was a lot better with the ball tonight and even had a few offloads.

His defence needs work though and he had some bad misses that led to half breaks. He needs to make better initial contact and add more starch to his defence.

But overall it was another good performance and he has looked much better his last two games.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His off the ball work was good - he backed up in the middle well - his first half was very good - second stint not so much

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel he will improve over the off season
Yea I think he will make a few adjustments over the off season which is why i think it was valuable to get him here for the second half of the season. He can work on some tweaks and hit the ground running round 1 instead of making changes on the in in the middle of the season

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yea I think he will make a few adjustments over the off season which is why i think it was valuable to get him here for the second half of the season. He can work on some tweaks and hit the ground running round 1 instead of making changes on the in in the middle of the season
Im of the same opinion. I hope the coaching/training staff gets sorted and we can have a proactive off season, the last 3 have been fucked.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s played in the middle the whole time. He missed some bad tackles tonight.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed two tackles badly that stood out for me but the plus is he was more involved and looked alot better .

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
13 runs, 132 running metres, 70 post contact metres. Several really quick play the balls in the first half. He wasn't as good in the second half, but tonight was easily the most minutes he has played so far, 62, so perhaps he was starting to feel it towards the end there.

That said, his second stint was longer than his first, and he covered some serious territory in defense.
How good was it to see one of our front rowers sprint thru half gaps to get over the advantage line. Very pleasing hes starting to find his feet

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson is a huge talent. I believe he is not a prop, although he played well there.
His biggest talent is to run onto the ball. He should be on one edge and RFM on the other.
When the halves get used to him he will be a great asset.
However, with the lack of good props, he will most likely see a lot of prop.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thompson is a huge talent. I believe he is not a prop, although he played well there.
His biggest talent is to run onto the ball. He should be on one edge and RFM on the other.
When the halves get used to him he will be a great asset.
However, with the lack of good props, he will most likely see a lot of prop.
He's never really played edge, he's got the foot speed to play there but I'm concerned about his lateral quickness and his defence especially one on one, he tends to clutch a lot in defence