Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was eating during the game and spat my food out at how

1. Got ten minutes (fair enough)
2. Automatically reported offence that had no bearing
3. Gets three weeks for something that is a contact sport and wasn’t to the head…
4. We didn’t contest the thing, our club is so weak

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had to of contested it because he was looking at two weeks but got three because he didn't take the early plea.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would have to be the worst decision in the history of the judiciary!!! They might as well place most tackles on report!!

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Years ago I wound have been enraged. Now I just accept it as normal. Now for the usual 6 again and penalty spree against titans and a loss to round out the weekend.. wake me up is 2022

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Ok - 3 weeks and (cannot remember who it was) storm dude who dropped an elbow that puts Parra fwit out for 4 weeks gets 2.

Have never experienced anal rape but am guessing this is close? Thank you NRL - at least next time use some lube....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well that's fucked my draft side... Thompson, JFH, RTS gone

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course he was found guilty !

I still can’t get over how that was a sin bin. This game is really losing me, AFL becoming increasingly appealing bizarrely …. Shame my team there has been shit forever too…Carlton … fark me…fuck you NRL!

Bring on the EPL…pleeeaaase!!

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was eating during the game and spat my food out at how

1. Got ten minutes (fair enough)
2. Automatically reported offence that had no bearing
3. Gets three weeks for something that is a contact sport and wasn’t to the head…
4. We didn’t contest the thing, our club is so weak
We contested it, that’s why he got 3 weeks instead of 2.

The NRL is stuffed.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke Thompson needs to get the f..k out of there and get himself back home, stuff the NRL and the shit that goes with it, your competition is a farce
I don’t want him to leave, but you’re not wrong.

The NRL is one of the most unprofessional sporting organisations in the world.

It’s an absolute joke.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess the NRL has set the bar on this, so from now on every late hit is 10 in the bin and 2 weeks suspension.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why did they go the three weeks?
The fact we were so adamant to fight should have shown the nrl there is nuance to consider here.
I’d be ok with ‘ok he’s guilty but not as bad as three weeks worth so let’s do a one match ban’

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't help but revert back to the belief " you punch the head to cripple the body "
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs become the super club as a result of the backing of the wealthiest leagues club in the land.
Be assured after we refused to sign Souffs off all hell ( NRL ) broke loose against us and still is now :rage:
Karma for not helping south’s then

Malla

Reaction score
Let’s take our doggies goggles off
It was late and stupid
He deserved the charge and the punishment
He needs to know better this isn’t the super league

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Remember when Radley smashed Coates late after the whistle and never got reported. This is BS from the NRLol. The ref on Sunday was taking the piss with the sin bin and now this. Fucking joke

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that he was found guilty at 7:54 pm & at 7:55 pm - 1 minute later, this story was posted. Geez they write quickly these days don't they?

Yeah but the journalists are watching the same shit we are, so it makes sense they can pre-write the story

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Following is the reporting of the judiciary, start at the bottom and read upwards following the timeline.

“7.54pm: Luke Thompson's grade two dangerous contact charge has been upheld and he's received 340 demerit points – a three-match ban.

7.36pm: The panel is now deliberating on the grading.

7.29pm: Still no decision on a downgrade. The panel is hearing at length from both sides relating to two comparable incidents from this season – Roosters second-rower Angus Crichton's grade-one hit on Brisbane's Albert Kelly and fellow Tricolours forward David Suluka-Fifita's grade-two tackle on Melbourne's Cameron Munster. Nick Ghabar is in full flight.

7.02pm: Luke Thompson has been found guilty of dangerous contact. The panel is now going through evidence around a possible downgrade of the charge.

A reduction from grade two to grade one could result in Thompson receiving a fine rather than a three-match ban.

6.48pm: After recapping the arguments and giving instructions, judiciary chairman Geoff Bellew allows the panel to deliberate.

"I'm not sure technologically what happens," Bellew says, "but the panel members will stay online" while the rest of us are booted into "cyberspace".

6.36pm: Defending Thompson, lawyer Nick Ghabar takes issue with the particulars of the charge that state Thompson's shoulder and arms made dangerous contact.

Ghabar rejects that allegation, saying it was "clearly" and "largely" the chest and torso of Thompson that impacted Brailey's left shoulder.

"It's frontal contact where a small man, having passed the ball, collides with a bigger man and, naturally, the force involved causes the smaller man to lose his balance and fall to the ground … exaggerating the significance of the impact," he says.

"You're left to wonder: what is dangerous about the contact?"

Ghabar also disagrees that Brailey was obviously going to pass and posed little threat to the defensive line. He believes Brailey could have passed to any of four players or dummied and ran.

While conceding there was "very, very marginally" late contact, Ghabar submits that Thompson "actually brings both arms up" to brace in order to "lessen the blow" upon contacting Brailey.

In the context, with Thompson propping off his left foot and making a beeline for Brailey, who was also moving forward, Ghabar declares a collision "unavoidable".

Thompson on report and sent to the sin bin for late hit on Brailey

Thompson on report and sent to the sin bin for late hit on Brailey

6.17pm: NRL prosecutor Peter McGrath argues that Thompson made forceful and blatantly late contact to Brailey after he passed the ball and had ample time to change his mind.
Describing the collision as a "body check" on Thompson's part, McGrath says "you can see the degree of whiplash that is caused by the impact".
He says there was no "subterfuge or trickery" in Brailey's ball-playing and it was clear the Cronulla hooker was passing and not intending to run.
Not knowing that Brailey had passed the ball to Shaun Johnson isn't an excuse, according to McGrath, who claims that Thompson had "clear and unimpeded vision".
6.03pm: Bulldogs prop Luke Thompson's hearing has started. He is risking a three-game suspension by challenging a grade two dangerous contact charge for a shot on Sharks hooker Blayke Brailey.
He'll be free to face the Titans on Sunday if he is successful. Thompson is being represented by Nick Ghabar. All parties except judiciary chairman Geoff Bellew and NRL prosecutor Peter McGrath are appearing via video link.”

The problem as I see it was that the decision was 3 weeks or a fine, which is always an issue with points and the judiciary. Plainly they thought he was guilty of something, but if they downgrade he gets off with just a fine. As we find a lot of times with the NRL the punishment does not fit the crime.

Always a Bulldog