Opinion Thompson/Flanagan/TPJ

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: I think Waddell is worth keeping. He played alright against Manly the first time and made 160+ metres at prop.
He actually plays better at prop

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not support Flanno in the slightest, but I felt his kicking game had a marginal improvement in the last game. His general play kicking technique looks so unnatural though, has to be a big part of why its so hard to get any power in his kicks.
When it comes down to it he would probably rank 16th in the NRL as a halfback. I do agree there was improvement, however not adequate enough to be a starting first grade halfback. Cant organise inadvertently placing all the load on Burton , isnt quick between the ears in terms of that feel for the game is slow in his movement. I’m sure under Ciraldo he will improve but if we wanna aim high based of what we’ve seen maybe we can scrape 8th but it’s very unlikely.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say Gus and Ciraldo will move on several players over the coming months.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we could move Thompson on and sign Jayden Campbell and Jayden Sullivan for 2023. Jock Madden if we can't get Sullivan. It would give us a better chance of being competitive for 2023 and not relying so much on "hopeful" big signings for 2024.

I don't think Thompson wants to be pushed out the door though. He's said repeatedly now including just a couple of days ago that he'll definitely be with the Dogs for 2023. Why say it if there's any chance he's not staying ?. He could just say nothing. He doesn't have to move anywhere unless he wants to and why would he want to when things are looking brighter at the Dogs next year.

Other problem is freight. We're gonna be paying a decent chunk of his wage even if he did go somewhere else.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
"Moving on" either Thompson or TPJ would cost us too much.