Opinion Thompson could be the best forward in the game

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl are a bunch of muppet wankers… how in the fuck did that deserve any suspension atall. What are playing touch football. Ffs I’m getting over the nrl

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is definitely better suited to lock more so then prop. He had a lot more room when taking the 3rd hitup of a set. Id even be tempted to play him on an edge. Imagine him and TPJ on both sides.
My thoughts exactly, we would have 2 of the best edge forwards in the game IMO.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The nrl has carked it, there’s no coming back from this for the nrl, the game is done, how the fuck does that warrant a 2 game suspension

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That was his best game by far. I think we'll see more performances like that next year when he's got a better pack and team around him.

But he's got to do it consistently before he's considered amongst the best forwards in the comp.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its good to see people warming to the idea of playing Thompson in the 13. I have been promoting the idea for a while now.
If we get Vaughn, (and another big prop) he will be a sensation in the lock possie with his running game.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
can someone show me footage? i was asleep and missed the first half.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nrl are a bunch of muppet wankers… how in the fuck did that deserve any suspension atall. What are playing touch football. Ffs I’m getting over the nrl
I completely agree, Luke played for 7 years in ESL, was suspended for only one game for throwing the ball whilst celebrating a try, NRL is worse than European football, players staying down holding their heads, shameful bunch of soft bastards
Send him back home !!

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is he off contract next year? Hope we extend him before he becomes hot property..
3 year deal, but he has a release clause at the end of each season to return back to the ESL
If I was him I would come home and leave the Canterbury circus and the over hyped NRL competion behind

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
@Actros just out of pure curiosity,
if he went back to the ESL now, which he better not do, but if he did, what kind of salary would he command?
i know covid hit the comp hard financially.

Would be good to compare as most here believe he is on just north of 700 AUD a year, and a few more games like that his value would be around 850 a year.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
@Actros just out of pure curiosity,
if he went back to the ESL now, which he better not do, but if he did, what kind of salary would he command?
i know covid hit the comp hard financially.

Would be good to compare as most here believe he is on just north of 700 AUD a year, and a few more games like that his value would be around 850 a year.
He’s on $725 or £395k, Wigan, Leeds, St. Helens or Warrington around £300k plus agent fees paid etc etc
Christ knows why he’s staying there, putting up with all that shit , I’d be on the first plane
He is frustrated, he won’t quit, he’s a winner, good news about Phil Gould

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s on $725 or £395k, Wigan, Leeds, St. Helens or Warrington around £300k plus agent fees paid etc etc
Christ knows why he’s staying there, putting up with all that shit , I’d be on the first plane
He is frustrated, he won’t quit, he’s a winner, good news about Phil Gould
thats about what i wouldve guessed.