Opinion Thompson could be the best forward in the game

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s up against Payne haas and James Fisher Harris and If you include JT, him.
I’d say he’s behind Payne and on par with JFH.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait until the team is competent enough…. He’s been strong for us week in week out
Yeah if he gets the luxury of a good pack around him he will be even better.
But that’s hard to do because he’s one of the high paid players so he can’t have many high paid players around him because of the cap. Usually it’s lower players that lift when marquees come in around them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Isn't dominant enough on both sides of the ball. In terms off being a strike forward then then yh defenitely showed he is up there with the best in the game today. But overall I wouldn't put him there.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Also I notice he always lifts against Cronulla
He also lives in gen Cronulla area
I think he does thsi so if soemsthign goes wrong at the dogs he gets picked up by the sharks which is convenient to him
Like an audition
He lives in Blakehurst, which is closer to St. George than Cronulla. But your geography is a bit off, you know, the whole Breakfast Point thing :-).

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On today's effort yep for sure but needs to back it up weekly as that's what separates guys like TPJ to guys like JFH

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he is definitely better suited to lock more so then prop. He had a lot more room when taking the 3rd hitup of a set. Id even be tempted to play him on an edge. Imagine him and TPJ on both sides.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On today's effort yep for sure but needs to back it up weekly as that's what separates guys like TPJ to guys like JFH
But It would be way harder for him to replicate want he did yesterday.

JFH has origin players around him, Yeo, Martin Kikau and the like. Thompson is literally the only guy in our pack that can crack an egg. Literally every top prop in the game has a crime partner to lesson the load, Thompson has guys like Napa lol,.and his numbers are still up.near the top with other top props.

Watch him when he has better players in the pack, and imo he will go to another level.

If JFH has a sub standard game, the others can take the load. If Thompson does, we don't even go forward.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he is definitely better suited to lock more so then prop. He had a lot more room when taking the 3rd hitup of a set. Id even be tempted to play him on an edge. Imagine him and TPJ on both sides.
Totally agree. His attacking potential is being negated by have to play the battering ram game.
He is a running forward, but has been forced to play that prop forward role.
If we had some good "go forward" props, he would slot beautifully into the back row.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s capable of being a very good forward but needs consistency and much better first contact in defence. He’s certainly found his feet in the NRL though.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Potentially top 5 middle forwards in the NRL. Think he’ll be even better if we get more ball. We do too much defence.